Legacy - missing the obvious?

Illyean

Try as I might I can't find much to get excited about with the new Legacy features. The whole concept seems to be designed as s single player experience, much like a lot of the game.

Where is the ability to include companions? where is the ability to include other players?

My legacy is hidden from sight and is based on a set of tenuous links to a family that will never be seen in the same place at the same time!

Sorry but a few emotes and fluff is a huge let down.

Hoping here is more thought and depth put into this in future or the development effort is refocussed to more important and pressing matters

The legacy system is perfect how it is, I'm sorry you can't find something you like about it but that's not Bioware's problem. Content can't make everybody happy....

The legacy system gives a nice bit of new content to unlock for people, if you don't like it don't use it.

The developers clearly stated that the legacy system will evolve over the next big patches and you already can include your companions with 1.2. You can only use your ancestor's power in the small time window where you activated your heroic campanion's skill.

Legacy system should have allowed you to inherit stats from your ancestors to keep people like the OP happy. So your 3rd generation Jedi Guardian will be the chosen one, more powerful than his grandfather.

This way it will appease the min-maxers who want ultimate power and gear. Rather than give away free stats through datacrons, this is an acceptable grind to keep hardcore minmaxers playing. It sure beats grinding the same heroics for 1000 times.

So tell me OP, would you be happy with the Legacy System if it allowed your alts to inherit the stats of your previous characters, and not just light/dark side points?

I think it's a good thing not to get too excited about something. If you have these huge expectations of what legacy would/should be then it might be a huge let down when they introduce something raw, something that they've not tried before but are willing to give it a go.

OP: One thing to consider is that this is the first set of items added to the legacy features. I don't have it bookmarked, but I do remember them saying that they will add the ability to tie in companions and other players into your legacy family tree for instance.

So, we might not see it in 1.2, but 1.3 or 1.4 we may see the ability to link a family tree or other items to companions and/or other player's characters.

Someone else pointed this out, but we will be able to do some things for our companions already though. I do remember that we'll be able to teach a companion how to dance for instance, and maybe other emotes so that they don't just stand there when not in combat.

As an aside, although yes it would be great if every single feature that has ever been discussed or considered was part of 1.2, I do understand that they need to release it in chunks, not all at once. It lets them mesh it into the game as it stand easier and not overload it trying to patch in too much at once, and also lets them develop things over time, along with bug test things in secitons, not be forced to bugtest it all at once. So, I don't mind it if we don't get every feature that's been discussed or requested in 1.2.

There's a thread on this in PTS forum. Someone said the family tree should be a tab on everyone's character sheet when you inspect them so other players can see it. I agree.

Yes and no.

Consider this. Let's say IRL I walk up to a random stranger, and say hello to pass the time. Okay, they may have on a wedding ring. Maybe they even have a child with them. But past that, I won't know their family tree. And unless the conversation graviates toward family and they do share whom they are related to, even after the conversation I won't know such details from a random stranger past that 1) Ring on the left ring finger, so probably married and 2) Kid following them around, more likely then not their child.

Otherwise, I'd not mind if if one could inspect someone and see the family tree, but in another sense it really doesn't make much sense.

Mind you, I'd not mind it if one could make such optional as far as being displayed. Those that want to display it upon inspection can, those that don't can shut that off. Then I'd have much less issues with it.

You don't see people with their names floating over their head either. Use your imagination.

If this option isn't added, no one else will ever see your family tree, which makes it a little more pointless.

Edited by TheNevet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.