Where's our pure dps companion?

Necrosia

Andronikos Revel is the first pure dps companion, though Khem val can be set to dps instead of tank. Andronikus is the second companion you meet and he is on Tatooine. Ashara Zavros is your third companion and you meet her on Taris. Your last companion, Xalek can be set to dps mode as well. Talos is best used as a healer.

Frankly, i'd rather not have a sorc companion. When i use Revel or Talos or Ashara, it means their gear is theirs and i don't have to split WP gear with them. Of course, after you're 50 that doesn't really matter. I mainly only use my healer for daily's anyway. Most everything else is done with my guild.

Frankly, i'd rather not have a sorc companion. When i use Revel or Talos or Ashara, it means their gear is theirs and i don't have to split WP gear with them. Of course, after you're 50 that doesn't really matter. I mainly only use my healer for daily's anyway. Most everything else is done with my guild.

Actually can be handy in some cases since you give them your leftovers. Especially at low level.

At higher level doesnt matter much, but you do have access to purple armoring that fits them through heroics.

Xalek blows. he has too many of the ingrained tanking issues that tank comps suffer from. if you want ranged dps use anronikos. all mine are in cent or better and they are pretty equal in dmg based on stats and hp. pew pew, zap zap same difference.

andro = ranged dps. if you want a pure dpser he is best. as of right now i have him in cent / champ + pve gear (blasters) stance is the aimed shot stance. he will do some impressive dmg.

IE: aimed shot for 3k crit.

ashara= who i love, unfortauntely sux. the main reason for her crapiness is her light armor. even as a tank and taking all dmg and guarding her she takes MONSTROUS aoe dmg.

fight a champion on illum or the elites for poisonous strat you will see the aoe they do simply blows her away.

ashara= who i love, unfortauntely sux. the main reason for her crapiness is her light armor. even as a tank and taking all dmg and guarding her she takes MONSTROUS aoe dmg.

fight a champion on illum or the elites for poisonous strat you will see the aoe they do simply blows her away.

Why she sux for you: you've put light armor on her. Ashara uses medium.

I actually have her "tanking" champ np on my sorc healer.

andro = ranged dps. if you want a pure dpser he is best. as of right now i have him in cent / champ + pve gear (blasters) stance is the aimed shot stance. he will do some impressive dmg.

IE: aimed shot for 3k crit.

Ashara sucks? News to me. Never had issues with her staying alive even when shes tanking her own strong or a champ for short spurts. I hope to god you don't actually have her in light armor and blame the game for her sucking.

With that said if extra damage is all you're after I'd gear Andy.

I was about to say the same thing, Ashara doesnt use light armor so that's the player's screw up for not paying attention to her gear.

Though I enjoy playing with her (sounds dirty don't it ;P ) but if you're an assassin you should go with Andronikus to keep your companion out of the way of aoe/splash dmg like flame throwers and whatnot.

Edited by Seaturkey

This. Ashara in levelled medium armor with two lightsabers rocks! She's my go-to girl pretty much any time I need dps, and I frankly think she's tied with Khem for most useful party member (I'm a decent healer, so Talos is only useful in certain situations).

Edited by Hraken

Yeah, Ashara kitted out properly is an absolute tornado of dps.

And Andronikus has ranged dps covered.

Only question mark for me is why SIs get Talos so late, Assassins could use the help earlier.

And why we get Xalek at all....

I feel like Xalek was supposed to be a sort of half-way point between Ashara and Khem, but, as others have pointed out, there's a bug in his mechanics that inhibits his effectiveness. That said, he's still decent when properly kitted out...it's just that any role he fills can be better filled by one of your other comps... Edited by Hraken