Are rocket boost useable in WZ's?

Tipkaee

Flame sweep.

Nothing gained through legacy is usable in PvP.

/thread

That is simply not true, buffs can be used in WZ and endgame content, so you dont have to take the super weak class anymore just for their buff.

The skills that can not be used in end game affairs are tied directly to heroic moment, this skill is not. Therefor declaring it is, or is not use-able in WZ's, is pure speculation.

Edited by Tipkaee

I have no idea why people are assuming that this skill will let everyone wiz around like Sorcs. The CD reductions that you get from the second and third tiers are of the same sort of scale as those you get on skills with a 2-5 minute Coodown. Honestly, I will be shocked if the top tier of the talent lets you use the skill more frequently than once every 90s and expect it to actually be a 120-180s CD. I also don't expect it to be anything like Sorceror speed (it will be somewhere between Sprint and Mounts, so maybe 50-75% boost rather than the 150% of a Sorc. Well, to be frank I also don't expect it to be usable while in combat but even if it was as long as the CD is long enough this isn't going to be game breaking. Will everyone want it? Sure... but it's priced so that anyone who can afford to rip their mods out of top end gear and buy Crit-crafted oranges will also be able to afford this.

I'm expecting to spend 5-10m in total once 1.2 goes live. That's a good thing, the game has been sorely lacking cash sinks until now.

I have no idea why people are assuming that this skill will let everyone wiz around like Sorcs. The CD reductions that you get from the second and third tiers are of the same sort of scale as those you get on skills with a 2-5 minute Coodown. Honestly, I will be shocked if the top tier of the talent lets you use the skill more frequently than once every 90s and expect it to actually be a 120-180s CD. I also don't expect it to be anything like Sorceror speed (it will be somewhere between Sprint and Mounts, so maybe 50-75% boost rather than the 150% of a Sorc. Well, to be frank I also don't expect it to be usable while in combat but even if it was as long as the CD is long enough this isn't going to be game breaking. Will everyone want it? Sure... but it's priced so that anyone who can afford to rip their mods out of top end gear and buy Crit-crafted oranges will also be able to afford this.

I'm expecting to spend 5-10m in total once 1.2 goes live. That's a good thing, the game has been sorely lacking cash sinks until now.

If it is only useable outside of combat on a 15 min cd and if it supplies a modest 50% speed increase that would still make it incredibly broken for the opening parts of Alderan and Hutball. Claiming an objective before others have the opportunity to arrive is incredibly imbalanced. Im sure many of you have had those games, where the ball transfers over very few times, and 1 bad pass can set the enemy up for 3+ scores in a row. I don't want to participate in a game where wealth, or non-reasonable time commitments (legacy 20 for a pure pvp player will take weeks of in game time, i am valor 63 and legacy 10 atm, by some sketchy math I can expect legacy 20 around valor 75-80) play a heavy role in a team's WZ success. I hope we see this perk implemented into the game, but it has no place in WZ's.

Edited by Tipkaee

No matter what the cooldown and speed boost will be, if it is usable in combat in warzones you will be REQUIRED to have it to play PVP, especially ranked warzones. Which means that new players will have to spend a whooping 5 million credits (on top of the 300k for the recruit set) before they will be able to PVP which is insane.