Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

I am already playin a lot less, and I agree they should cater to the 99% but I am just curious if they have an answer to my dilema of not being able to fit everything on the hotbars, they have already said they want to add another bar, this would be in fact catering to everyone, not just the 1%.

Good point, yes, that does seem like a very possible, and maybe even simple addition. They are already adding UI editing, so maybe they will add another bar or 2 in 1.2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree ... why? .. here's why.

1 - you gave us "Unlocking Your Legacy" after chapter one .. choose a name for your legacy and all your characters will be part of this legacy.

2 - then you announce 1.2 .. Your Legacy Begins!!

3 - Legacy Unlocks! - you can unlock a race after you hit 50 so you can later make that race whatever you want! .... wait?? .. we have 9 species ... and 8 character slots... are you seeing the failure? ... unless this is cross-server its not gonna work .. cause you are gonna have to lvl not only every species to lvl 50 but also on different servers!! ...even if i choose to lvl 4 races up and then re-make those races on my other faction .. im still loosing a lot of races ... so basically you first make us choose an Advanced Class that's unchangeable, and now you make us choose only 4 races to play on each server (not make us but cmon .. its almost like that) .. and there might be players loosing even more features .. for example ... i'd love to have a Pure Blood Bounty Hunter or Imp Agent .. so i have to lvl a Sith Warrior or Inq .. to lvl 50 to then get a BH .. so i lost 1 char slot .. i will then either loose 1 rep or 1 imp class... and im not gonna keep talking cause this has more flaws if you follow my logic! ... you have to improve this or make it cross-server BEFORE you RELEASE!!!!

You can purchase every race for 1.5 million credits apiece. That's exactly what I'm planning to do to unlock the Mirilian race for the Empire.

TBH, I think this is a very good way to implement race unlocks. :)

I am already playin a lot less, and I agree they should cater to the 99% but I am just curious if they have an answer to my dilema of not being able to fit everything on the hotbars, they have already said they want to add another bar, this would be in fact catering to everyone, not just the 1%.

Check the Dev Tracker. They confirmed it will be one button.

I do not really think it would be that hard for them to add more levels to it, past legacy level 25 theyt already mean nothing, no rewards, so why not just make it 75 with no rewards, I just like gaining the xp. And no I dont EXPECT anything, I just asked as I would like it if possible.

This was also answered at the Guild Summit. If they do add more levels, it won't be for a while. Hell, they still have to add all the perks through 1.3 and beyond.

And just where did I wrote that I don't want that? This is exactly what I would like to see(non-credit unlocks), except that if it's done per character, it's quite unlikely there will be any other way than credits. Even now looking at legacy perks on PTS only 1/3 can be unlocked without credits.

Good lord, reading is hard.

Apparently so.

The unlocks still require a legacy level. He was saying that when you unlock the current perks, it unlocks for all characters. What's coming is "per character" unlocks. Meaning once you reach the level requirement, you will acquire these on a per character basis instead of acquiring once for all characters.

This allows for more individuality per character.

For example, if you complete Chapter 2 with an Agent, and then create a Bounty Hunter, when you use the ability Hunter’s Boon it also applies the effects of the Agent’s Coordination buff.

I don't understand one thing - if I cast this double buff will both the buffs be applied to other party members or does the double buff work only for me and the rest of the party receives just my regular class buff?

I don't understand one thing - if I cast this double buff will both the buffs be applied to other party members or does the double buff work only for me and the rest of the party receives just my regular class buff?

Everyone gets all the buffs you have.

Edited by System_TOR

Huh? did you even read my post? I was talkin about heroic moment abilitys, not the buffs, I am aware the buffs are 1 button.

I know what you meant.

My understanding, from what was mentioned, was that the "Force Choke" ability, for instance, that is tied to the Heroic Moment ability will be.... "attached" or "unattached", for lack of a better word at the moment, depending on which Legacy ability you want "attached" to it.

In other words, one or the other, still one button.

*shrugs* I could be wrong. It's happened before. :p

EDIT - Or, if you have more than one, they all share the same cooldown. Now, if you want all to be available to be able to pick which one you want to use every 20 minutes, I suppose you would need to. Or, maybe you can only pick one.

Now I'm just speculating and not being helpful at all LOL! :D

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Dear BioWare,

WE KNOW.

Fewer press releases and more frequent patch releases. Please.

Yeah, someone at BioWare needs to get on the ball and say something like this:

"Hey, you! Marketing guy! You, with the degree in Media Communication and five years experience writing press releases, shaking hands at conventions, and talking to editors at game magazines! Stop what you're doing! Here's 50,000 lines of C++ code, written over the span of five years by two dozen different programmers (none of whom believed in documentation, all of whom had different coding styles), and somewhere in there is a bug that causes a null pointer error under conditions we haven't quite nailed down yet. Get to fixing it! Also, go get that guy we have doing system design and get him writing code, too! What do you mean 'designing systems isn't the same as implementing them and those are completely different, non-fungible, skill sets'? I don't know what fungible means! Is that some kind of mushroom? Whatever! Everyone start coding, now! Fix those bugs! Even you, with the mop and bucket! Get to it!"

That will work, right?

EDIT - Or, if you have more than one, they all share the same cooldown. Now, if you want all to be available to be able to pick which one you want to use every 20 minutes, I suppose you would need to. Or, maybe you can only pick one.

Now I'm just speculating and not being helpful at all LOL! :D

Exactly, you are just speculating, which is why I asked the question in the first place to try and get a deffinate answer from a dev, as I have unlocked every ability not just one, and would really like a bit more info on what to do with them all, where to put them all, can I use them all? etc.

If I was to speculate at this point I think its sounding like I can use them all during the heroic moment, which could be quite powerful considering the amount of aoe abilitys.

Edited by System_TOR

I’m a little confused about the ships mail box and N-GTN terminal. Is it Biowares goal to get less people to go to fleet? While no one really uses neutral GTNs, the terminal has little to no use, and the mail box is also questionable. These unlocks are very minor in the grand scheme of this game.

I am also not thrilled with this family tree business. I think that Bioware is getting about as close to breaking Star Wars cannon as Lucasfilms is going to allow with this one. I haven’t talked to anyone that is excited about these new Heroic moves. I don’t want my IA to have force moves, and I don’t want my Sith Warrior to have the ability to call in a turbo laser strike. What I find odd about this is this legacy system seems to be geared towards role players, who have a small presence even on RP servers, and at the same time these new features break cannon.

Can we work on more endgame content, open world PVP content and server transfers/merges? K? Thanks.

Wasn't this suppose to come out in march? I have three maxed toons now and Im just waiting for this to finally launch. I havn't even logged in any of my toons in about a week or more, just nothing to do.

As far as I remember it has always been April.

I’m a little confused about the ships mail box and N-GTN terminal. Is it Biowares goal to get less people to go to fleet? While no one really uses neutral GTNs, the terminal has little to no use, and the mail box is also questionable. These unlocks are very minor in the grand scheme of this game.

I agree about the GTN, almost useless, but as for the mailbox on the ship, personally I will find that useful, I am forever sending stuff between chars.

Edited by System_TOR

is this all u guys care about? at the guild summit this is all i heard about the RPing. I mean its fine for u people, but its just akward when im taking to Corso and then all the sudden it asks me if I want to flirt with Corso? Its weird for me and the rest of us. The reason they didnt put it in is because same sex romance isnt bin the SW universe. It didnt happen in the movies OR books OR video games. Its the way things r.dont wanna offend anyone but,Deal with it:(

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Juhani

No, back in February, they said they were "shooting for March". Meaning it was tentative. Meaning it might change. People took it as some sort of "promise".

You mean like when they said the game would release spring 2011?, yeah heard that one before, maybe thats why I never take their dates as final.

Edited by System_TOR

You mean like when they said the game would release spring 2011?, yeah heard that one before, maybe thats why I never take their dates as final.

Yeah, like that. Idiots took it as "we are definitely, absolutely, PROMISING that we will launch Spring 2011!!111!!1" when they said, from the very beginning, that it was tentative.

so on the same logic we shouldn't expect this in April then since they never can say one thing and mean it, or I would be foolish as it was pointed out to believe anything they say month or date wise. If Bioware tells you its raining outside you best go check yourself because they could be lieing to you?

Challenge accepted.

hhhmmm...... I created my characters on the same server, but when I made them, they had no relation to each other, and I want to keep it that way... but now.... My pure blood sith is related to my human, or twilek? Funky who two humans will have a wookie child. I'm sorry, I don't like forcing all characters on one serve to join the same family tree.... doesn't make sense.

so on the same logic we shouldn't expect this in April then since they never can say one thing and mean it, or I would be foolish as it was pointed out to believe anything they say month or date wise. If Bioware tells you its raining outside you best go check yourself because they could be lieing to you?

Challenge accepted.

Personally I believe it will be April, but have told myself it could be the end of April, that way I should not be disappointed.

Edited by System_TOR