Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

Ok, I have 2 questions

1) I have finished every class story, does this mean that I will be able to use the all heroic moment abilitys on 1 character? in other words I believe I have unlocked 7 heroic abilitys (excluding the class I'm playing) yes? will I have to put 7 new abilitys on my hotbars? because I can tell you now they will not fit. How is this being handled?

2) I am legacy level 50 and have hit the cap, do you intend to raise the cap because its not fun not gettin an xp at all now :(

Edited by System_TOR

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the blog again. It only costs credits if you want to bypass the unlock requirement. Otherwise, just level.

O yes, I understand the cost vs. leveling idea, I just don't want to have to make a Rep to unlock the race... I mean come on, I can't turn on the Empire :)

Insults will get you no where :)

And you ASSUMED there would be more :) Way to fall into your own point, which is quite hypocritical. The game only SEEMED like it took a long time because so many people were waiting for it since the day it was announced. This is not a FPS or sports game, all MMOs take years. It released 3 months ago and you are complaining about lack of end game? Give it some time young one, patients is a virtue :)

yet again you assume to understand what I am saying. I didnt say anything about endgame content i said the quality of it. You may want to try to follow instead of trying to be right.

Edited by Notannos
part of spam chain

Ok, I have 2 questions

1) I have finished every class story, does this mean that I will be able to use the all heroic moment abilitys on 1 character? in other words I believe I have unlocked 7 heroic abilitys yes? will I have to put 7 new abilitys on my hotbars? because I can tell you now they will not fit. How is this being handled?

2) I am legacy level 50 and have hit the cap, do you intend to raise the cap because its not fun not gettin an xp at all now :(

You may want to take a break from the game for awhile and let all the "average" players catch up to that status... Like all situations, they may disregard the 1% (such as people in your situation) for the 99% that have not got there :)

Ok, I have 2 questions

1) I have finished every class story, does this mean that I will be able to use the all heroic moment ablitys on 1 charcter? in other words I believe I have unlocked 7 heroic abilitys yes? will I have to put 7 new abilitys on my hotbars? because I can tell you now they will not fit. How is this being handled?

Dood, you need to get out more. Surely you don't expect BW to cater to the one or two that have hit legacy cap already? Do you?

Hell, I play every day, just about 8 hours or more a day, and I'm only legacy level 30.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

O yes, I understand the cost vs. leveling idea, I just don't want to have to make a Rep to unlock the race... I mean come on, I can't turn on the Empire :)

Ohhh... yeah, if you want a Miraluka or a Mirialan, and you don't want to play one to 50, then yes, there has to be at least an approximate equivalent cost, hehehe.

The new Legacy features sound awesome. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Whilst I like the idea of Rocket Boots is there going to be a chance that there will be a selection of Tier 2 speed boost skills?. As rocket boots wouldn't really be appropriate for a force user even if it is a legacy unlock. Its a cool idea and I am looking forward to it?.

I thought the same thing when I saw the rocket boots in the Legacy video. Feel free to share your opinion in this topic I created to discuss it.

The information about companion unlocks is sort of vague. It's clear to see that we've maxed out our companions' affection, but how do we know whether or not we've completed a companion's story?

If you are lv 50 (and finished you class story) and they have max affection you can play through there whole story. When there are no more missions they are done.

Less action, more press releases, sounds smalls like Bioware. I am beginning to wonder if they even play the PTS because there is a lot that needs to be done and rehashed Legacy advertisements are not part of it.

By all the fixes and adjustments they've already done on PTS, I'd say they are DEFINITELY paying attention to PTS.

The first of these will arrive in Game Update 1.3, when we will be introducing an extension of the system that adds per-character perks that are not shared globally amongst your Legacy. These new perks will allow players to customize the way their characters progress, as well as new rewards, conveniences, and all kinds of other fun surprises.

Meaning, not only you won't get legacy exp boost from warzones to make those alts(and obviously, after you make them it'll be useless)you'll have to unlock it for each character separately. Considering there isn't much your lvl10 can do for this, it means just another credit sink. So farm for week credits so you can level you alt in 4 weeks instead of 5.

Edited by Elear

but with the number of different species and only 8 character slots, you can't unlock but more than a couple species and the actually play them, so you really can't experience all those options. We need more character slots on a server.

Totally agree ... why? .. here's why.

1 - you gave us "Unlocking Your Legacy" after chapter one .. choose a name for your legacy and all your characters will be part of this legacy.

2 - then you announce 1.2 .. Your Legacy Begins!!

3 - Legacy Unlocks! - you can unlock a race after you hit 50 so you can later make that race whatever you want! .... wait?? .. we have 9 species ... and 8 character slots... are you seeing the failure? ... unless this is cross-server its not gonna work .. cause you are gonna have to lvl not only every species to lvl 50 but also on different servers!! ...even if i choose to lvl 4 races up and then re-make those races on my other faction .. im still loosing a lot of races ... so basically you first make us choose an Advanced Class that's unchangeable, and now you make us choose only 4 races to play on each server (not make us but cmon .. its almost like that) .. and there might be players loosing even more features .. for example ... i'd love to have a Pure Blood Bounty Hunter or Imp Agent .. so i have to lvl a Sith Warrior or Inq .. to lvl 50 to then get a BH .. so i lost 1 char slot .. i will then either loose 1 rep or 1 imp class... and im not gonna keep talking cause this has more flaws if you follow my logic! ... you have to improve this or make it cross-server BEFORE you RELEASE!!!!

Meaning, not only you won't get legacy exp boost from warzones to make those alts(and obviously, after you make them it'll be useless)you'll have to unlock it for each character separately. Considering there isn't much your lvl10 can do for this, it means just another credit sink. So farm for week credits so you can level you alt in 4 weeks instead of 5.

You know what, you're being ridiculous. If you don't want to do the creditless unlock requirement, you pay credits. Are you aware that every other MMO does NOT offer a credit bypass for unlock requirements of perks? Not WoW, not RIFT, not EQ2, you name it.

Good lord, people.

I do not understand what you are getting at :)

The "healer" companion for the SW is Quinn, and the DPS range is Vette, so what point are you trying to prove again?...

I think it goes "if you treat Vette like a ***** and can't unlock the ranged DPS buff by completing her story, go level a Smuggler, complete Risha's (a ranged DPS companion) story and unlock the ranged DPS companion buff. Or Knight/Rusk."

It has nothing to do with a single character's companions, but across all of your characters' companions.

You know what, you're being ridiculous. If you don't want to do the creditless unlock requirement, you pay credits. Are you aware that every other MMO does NOT offer a credit bypass for unlock requirements of perks? Not WoW, not RIFT, not EQ2, you name it.

Good lord, people.

^^^ This

I think it goes "if you treat Vette like a ***** and can't unlock the ranged DPS buff by completing her story, go level a Smuggler, complete Risha's (a ranged DPS companion) story and unlock the ranged DPS companion buff. Or Knight/Rusk."

It has nothing to do with a single character's companions, but across all of your characters' companions.

I understand, that was my point, I was just pulling on this guy's leg about the names he was throwing out (which were Vette's buff would come from Quinn and vise versa).

You may want to take a break from the game for awhile and let all the "average" players catch up to that status... Like all situations, they may disregard the 1% (such as people in your situation) for the 99% that have not got there :)

I am already playin a lot less, and I agree they should cater to the 99% but I am just curious if they have an answer to my dilema of not being able to fit everything on the hotbars, they have already said they want to add another bar, this would be in fact catering to everyone, not just the 1%.

Dood, you need to get out more. Surely you don't expect BW to cater to the one or two that have hit legacy cap already? Do you?

Hell, I play every day, just about 8 hours or more a day, and I'm only legacy level 30.

I do not really think it would be that hard for them to add more levels to it, past legacy level 25 they already mean nothing, no rewards, so why not just make it 75 with no rewards, I just like gaining the xp. And no I dont EXPECT anything, I just asked as I would like it if possible.

Edited by System_TOR

Good lord, people.

And just where did I wrote that I don't want that? This is exactly what I would like to see(non-credit unlocks), except that if it's done per character, it's quite unlikely there will be any other way than credits. Even now looking at legacy perks on PTS only 1/3 can be unlocked without credits.

Good lord, reading is hard.

Edited by Elear