The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Doom and gloom forum

HelinCarnate

My suggestion is to start a new forum called Doom and Gloom or maybe just Piss and Moan. In this forum is where people can post things with topics like the following.

The game sucks but I won't be specific as to why and will not offer any suggestions on how to make it better.

I hate Huttball/Voidstar/Civil War/PVP/PVE/Your face

I quit and here is a brief 40,000 word summary on why.

You need to fix X or I quit.

Don't change X or I quit.

Can I get a refund?

The next patch will cause the end of the world.

Sword in a box

The mods would not close threads there (unless it violated major rules) and people could complain about whatever they felt like to let off steam.

Edited by HelinCarnate

The hypocrisy of starting a non-constructive thread in which to complain about the people complaining in non-constructive threads....

Hypocrisy never killed anyone and there is nothing wrong with it if it has point. Stating someone is being hypocritical isn't an argument nor does it in any way invalidate a statement or an observation.

Since you probably don't get it, I'll give you an example. It's hypocritical for a murderer to say killing is wrong but is it wrong for him to say it? No, that would be ridiculous.

Edited by Jandi

I agree with your overall sentiment OP. Though I hate that it has come to this, I really wish that instead of free posting and responding, threads and posts on the official SWTOR forums had to be submitted and approved before they appeared. Maybe they could leave the "General Forums" free to post and respond however your please, and make the PVP/Class/Crewskill/etc. forums heavily moderated.

I feel that the SWTOR official forums should be a place for official information and legitimate discussion of mechanics, features, bugs, etc. The SWTOR forums, a part of the game itself, should be a useful resource to receive and share information about the game, not a place to vent and rage at others.

It'd be nice if this could be done without moderation, but if people are going to continue to post opinion and emotion-laden posts, then I'd rather have a heavily moderated forum than what we have now.

I agree with your overall sentiment OP. Though I hate that it has come to this, I really wish that instead of free posting and responding, threads and posts on the official SWTOR forums had to be submitted and approved before they appeared. Maybe they could leave the "General Forums" free to post and respond however your please, and make the PVP/Class/Crewskill/etc. forums heavily moderated.

I feel that the SWTOR official forums should be a place for official information and legitimate discussion of mechanics, features, bugs, etc. The SWTOR forums, a part of the game itself, should be a useful resource to receive and share information about the game, not a place to vent and rage at others.

It'd be nice if this could be done without moderation, but if people are going to continue to post opinion and emotion-laden posts, then I'd rather have a heavily moderated forum than what we have now.

Full censorship, nice!

Full censorship, nice!

For a company's privately owned forums, yes I support their right to moderate them and keep them nice and clean.

However, if you read my entire response post you would have also seen that I support a section where people would be free to post without moderation. So no, I'm not promoting "full censorship."

Edited by Shlamorel

It exists. I believe it's called the General Discussion forum.

Sadly.

By golly, come on down to the General Discussions Forum! We got all your attention-seeking needs under one roof.

Need a platform while you pretend to know how the industry works? We got you covered.

Want a place to go to dump on everyone's ideas even if it's a good one? No problemo!

We even have sturdy oak-wood soapboxes for those long diatribes when you think your opinion should influence the actions of others. It also comes with a trap door for easy escape for you troll types *wink*

The General Discussions Forum~ Where nobody is a friend.

Tell them Jabba sent you, and get your complimentary flame retardant poncho free of charge. Hope to see ya there!