Bullying

ExplosiveShot

Ok, this thread is obviously going to attract trolls, but I'd like to raise a point.

I've noticed a lot of "Bullying" being dished out to the younger children while playing this game. It's annoying and disrupts everything, and is just bad overall. Before anyone replies to this, if your underage for the game, don't mention it in this thread or there's a chance you'll get banned.

Thanks, Discuss

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporting it usually escalates the problem. They simply get more insults once they realise they've been reported.

Also, not everyone's goign to be listented to, as well as reading the reports administrators (Or whatever) have to figuire out if it's genuine or not.

unfortunitly that sorta name calling and stuff happens on every game.. have you actually ever listened to 90% of all conversations on x box live?

those people..mostly teens are horrible..the things they say are actually incredibly rude.. some of them so rude infact that when I was a child my parents would have kicked the crap out of me for saying some of those things to a stranger..

that being said... if a child is underage for the game it IS their parents responsiblity to ensure that they are mature enough and aware enough of what goes on in the game to play it without problems..

I have a 5 year old son.. he is an avid gamer..loves video games loves watching me play them. Yet he only gets to play games that do not go online, it is responsible of me to ensure that he isnt exposed to things like that..

on a side note however.. I have noticed star wars to be one of the least bullying mmos out there.. More helpful and more willing to chat kindly with each other.. but maybe thats just my server.

Reporting it usually escalates the problem. They simply get more insults once they realise they've been reported.

Also, not everyone's goign to be listented to, as well as reading the reports administrators (Or whatever) have to figuire out if it's genuine or not.

Well, don't do the juvenile "REPORTED" thing. :) Just report it.

As for figuring out if it's genuine or not? That's what the logs are for.

Not much you can do about it, Reporting it really is your only option beyond just putting them on ignore. Not everyone who types poorly is a young child. I know people in their 50s who play MMOs and type almost entirely with shorthand. :)

I do the same when 50's pound on lvl 20's etc on PVP servers .. its technically "bullying"

50s killing a 20 in pvp is not bullying..it is playing the game..is it fair...no but that 20 should know that they are eligable for pvp and be aware that they can get jumped by a bunch of people.. thats not bullying..it is playing the game..

to call it bullying is just silly.

my 9 year old wants to play this however my wife and myself say no. My wife tried out WoW for a short bit to play with him and once she entered the world with her female character she was harrassed by other players who wanted to "jump her bones" etc. She was so disgusted that she lasted 15 mins in WoW and told our son that he cant play MMO's till he is a little older. All due to some porker sitting behind a computer screen gettin his jollies off of a toon in game ... sometimes I just wanna backhand the player or call their parents to tell them that their 14 year old is having puberty issues lol

50s killing a 20 in pvp is not bullying..it is playing the game..is it fair...no but that 20 should know that they are eligable for pvp and be aware that they can get jumped by a bunch of people.. thats not bullying..it is playing the game..

to call it bullying is just silly.

I cant remember the term but its apparently not allowed. Sorry I just woke up. If a lvl 50 is "farming" lvl 20's thats not PVP. No clue what world it would be considered that since there is no contest.

my 9 year old wants to play this however my wife and myself say no. My wife tried out WoW for a short bit to play with him and once she entered the world with her female character she was harrassed by other players who wanted to "jump her bones" etc. She was so disgusted that she lasted 15 mins in WoW and told our son that he cant play MMO's till he is a little older. All due to some porker sitting behind a computer screen gettin his jollies off of a toon in game ... sometimes I just wanna backhand the player or call their parents to tell them that their 14 year old is having puberty issues lol

that is actually quite horrible. my wife and i monitor my sons gaming too. and he used to play a lego online game for kids, but sadly they closed that so he has been wanting to try star wars.. of course i wont let him.. however on a good note. I havent personally seen any of that nerd **** loser activity on star wars. and i play both men and women characters.. honetly at 9 if you monitored him i think he might be ok.. depending of course onalot of other factors.

I cant remember the term but its apparently not allowed. Sorry I just woke up. If a lvl 50 is "farming" lvl 20's thats not PVP. No clue what world it would be considered that since there is no contest.

The Word you're looking for is ganking.

Edited by Morpheous

it would be pvp farming..and farming is ALOT different than killing. if was in a group of 2-4 people and i saw a rogue 20 running around i would kill him..dead..once and move on.. teaches him to be alone in a pvp area at such a low level. It happens to everyone. you never mentioned pvp farming. THAT i disagree with completely...however I am also wholy against kill trading of anykind lol

age rating for this game is 16 for wow is 12 so letting anyone younger than that play is ilegal, age ratings exist for reason, if people find the game world unfair or the people in it rude then dont play

Edited by Tastetest

age rating for this game is 16 for wow is 12 so letting anyone younger than that play is ilegal, age ratings exist for reason, if people find the game world unfair or the people in it rude then dont play

I don't think it's precisely "illegal". I know of no laws preventing it. An account can be withheld on the grounds that minors cannot enter into contracts (in some areas) but there's no law preventing a parent from creating an account and allowing their kid(s) to play.

Killing people that are lvl 20 when you are lvl 50 is not pvp your right its called pk'ing and is part of the game if you dont want to get killed by some teenager with to much free time on his hands dont roll on a pvp server again if your not happy dont play go to a server or a game that is mroe your speed, you are given a warning before entering a pvp server so complaing that your getting killed by a high lvl while crappy and sad is part of the experince Edited by Tastetest

I don't think it's precisely "illegal". I know of no laws preventing it. An account can be withheld on the grounds that minors cannot enter into contracts (in some areas) but there's no law preventing a parent from creating an account and allowing their kid(s) to play.

technically there is a law that says that you cant let your kids play on your account.. In the ToS they say you cant share accounts.. that being said however.. BW would look like total douche' if they try and enforce something like that to a guy and his kid trying to enjoy the game..

however the age rulings for games are mostly taken as guidelines so parents know the average maturity level and age level people should be to play a game based on the conent within. really my son plays a bunch of other star wars games including lego star wars, and if this was a single player game like Kotor I would have no problem letting my son play this game. the reason why he doesnt is because of social interactions my son is not mature enough for..not for the action and adventure that waits inside.

Killing people that are lvl 20 when you are lvl 50 is not pvp your right its called pk'ing and is part of the game if you dont want to get killed by some teenager with to much free time on his hands dont roll on a pvp server again if your not happy dont play go to a server or a game that is mroe your speed, you are given a warning before entering a pvp server so complaing that your getting killed by a high lvl while crappy and sad is part of the experince

sadly it is true, no one forces you to pvp ever.you choose to you accept the fact you will be killed...alot

sadly it is true, no one forces you to pvp ever.you choose to you accept the fact you will be killed...alot

I dunno I like playing a low level alt, just to get camped by a higher level player. It's always fun to log in with my main and return the favor. :)

But yeah, dying a lot is a risk you take when you flag for pvp, if it bothers one so much play on a PvE server, and avoid pvp llike the plague.

Ok, this thread is obviously going to attract trolls, but I'd like to raise a point.

I've noticed a lot of "Bullying" being dished out to the younger children while playing this game. It's annoying and disrupts everything, and is just bad overall. Before anyone replies to this, if your underage for the game, don't mention it in this thread or there's a chance you'll get banned.

Thanks, Discuss

I agree that bullying is rampant. This is common among many MMO's and I'm not sure what could be done to systemically make things better.

All we can do is /ignore people who bullies. On top of that, being a helpful and friendly member of your server community and being constructive with criticisms can help create a more friendly community. Of course there will always be those bullies, but we can at least try to kill them with kindness :)

Edit: I am not talking of PvP bullying (not sure if that's what OP meant) - I just meant extremely rude insulting/verbal assaulting of others in chat.

Edited by Shlamorel