would you stick to Anni spec after 1.2?

redluna

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carnage still has its core weaknesses, mainly that a single CC can make your DPS window vanish like it never existed.

Maximum burst yes, but the Short Fuse change means you can get your "high DPS but not MAX" window off pretty damn often, and the Berserk lasts through CCs. E.g. Carnage can carry itself passably with Berserk'd Massacres instead of relying completely on Gore-or-fail.

with the buff to ravage plus the new tallent that gives it an extra 8% carnage spec is going to be awesome, bye anni you had your hay day its time for carnage now

Until you get focused and die. Combat is just way too squishy...its damage output is less of an issue then its survivability. Also, one cc destroys a carnage rotation.

Edited by JustinxDuff

Until you get focused and die. Combat is just way too squishy...its damage output is less of an issue then its survivability. Also, one cc destroys a carnage rotation.

Heh...and those 18% heals are what keeps you alive now while focus fired? Or great defensive CDs? Dont get me wrong, annie heals are great and give big advantage in 1v1, but how much longer they let you live under focus fire? 1gcd? 2?

When focused, you either have a healer and in perfect situation a tank or you die. (Or your opponents sucks, it happens too;))

Heh...and those 18% heals are what keeps you alive now while focus fired? Or great defensive CDs? Dont get me wrong, annie heals are great and give big advantage in 1v1, but how much longer they let you live under focus fire? 1gcd? 2?

When focused, you either have a healer and in perfect situation a tank or you die. (Or your opponents sucks, it happens too;))

Much longer than Carnage..much much longer. Self heals, improved camo and 4% passive damage reduction. My healer hated me when I switched to Carnage...anni is and will be superior.

Edited by JustinxDuff

Switched like a week ago to Carnage when people started cleansing my dots. It was one of the many reasons really, I just straight out find Carnage more fun. I love the roots. With Predation buff coming as well that's just awesome.

Rage for me. It is already strong in the current game, and it is receiving more buffs in 1.2. It is easier to set up burst with Rage than with Carnage by far, plus Ataru strikes being deflectable is going to make it a little less preferable, to me.

PvE, Carnage hands down. Carnage was already powerful, but now that it'll scale properly we can all say goodbye to Juyo at last.

Much longer than Carnage..much much longer. Self heals, improved camo and 4% passive damage reduction. My healer hated me when I switched to Carnage...anni is and will be superior.

The heals aren't bad at all as is the faster interrupt. But the camo talent is getting nerfed/buffed so that it's even in both specs. Plus, now Ravage in Carnage is getting a root which can help out in locking someone down with a free snare.

Still, I'm thinking Carnage may be pretty decent for PvE while Rage may be the way to go in PvP.

Rage for me. It is already strong in the current game, and it is receiving more buffs in 1.2. It is easier to set up burst with Rage than with Carnage by far, plus Ataru strikes being deflectable is going to make it a little less preferable, to me.

PvE, Carnage hands down. Carnage was already powerful, but now that it'll scale properly we can all say goodbye to Juyo at last.

Edit: sigh..I'm just not in the mood to troll today.

Anyways..there's a lot of wrong in your post...

Edited by Foxcolt

Edit: sigh..I'm just not in the mood to troll today.

Anyways..there's a lot of wrong in your post...

Thanks for the insightful message.

I am sorry that you are a Juyo fanboy, but have fun being mashed in 1.2 in lolanni.

No rage is not easier to set up burst than carnage at all... You can jump in and 4k scream right after the jump if ataru procs or if not jump> masscre> scream. Where as with rage you have to wait 3-4 seconds to set up every smash after a jump.

And Annihilation is still extremely good with it's 6 second interrupt and bleeds that heal you. Oh and bleeds that tick for 1300+ the damage you're outputting with melee moves is still pretty strong.

well if you're smart and seeing you're getting focused fire you're going to force camo away. If you're like the last person around... might as well just die or LOS to try to troll a node or door. about it.

Right now I think i'm one of less than a handfull of Carnage Marauders on Vornskr. Come 1.2, it'll be FOTM.

Honestly though? I think we'll see a pretty decent mix of Annihilation/Carnage/Rage. I see this change as nothing more or less than the other two specs being balances to Annihilation so that all three are viable.

I'm planning on staying Annihilation. The other Marauder in the 8-man my guild has set up is going Carnage, and our Jugg is lolbaddiesmash. Should be fun stuff. I'm going to miss the Pred boost and 100% damage reduction but that's free points now, I suppose.

I've always liked the idea of carnage just never really found a way to enjoy it.

Anni will always be strong and sure as anni you should beat carnage spec players, dots/heals/etc but it doesn't mean it'll outshine the other specs in a rated environment.

I'm looking a lot at rage personally. To me it's probably the spec I like least but with the inc buffs to smash/expertise(damage vs defense changes) plus a war hero set with every mod/enh replaced by power/surge from op/sorc gear those smash crits are imo going to be getting very close to the 10k mark. The game is changing and the whole point will be bursting something into that <30% range and firing multiple finishers, the large sudden burst is going to be a massive danger come 1.2.

Being said though I'm planning on running at least 2 sents in my premade and I reckon the mix of carnage + rage will be an absolute winner.

Considering this thread is discussing 1.2.... you even read patch notes?

I am taking a "wait and see" attitude about Annihilation.

Few reasons why it won't immediately go out with the bathwater:

1) Still a spectacular healer-humper, and taking out enemy healers in rated WZs will be critical. Certainly there'll be a lot of times when they get focus-fired, but I think it's silly to assume that locking down healers will cease to be useful.

2) Shortened cooldown Charge will still be muy bueno for ball carrying in Huttball. Juggernauts and Tankassins are better overall ball carriers, but Marauders are great mid-zone or backup carriers to drag the ball closer to the endzone.

3) Still the most potent with the least uptime in PVE. Dealing with the downsides of being melee in PVE will never go away, and having the ability to do more damage with less contact time is always going to be useful.

At this point I'm thinking, depending on overall team makeup, I'll be either Anni or Carnage for PVP, and most likely Anni for PVE. Rage spec has never suited my playstyle, and I've always found it inferior in objectives-based play.

Rage spec has never suited my playstyle, and I've always found it inferior in objectives-based play.

Minor tangent: Rage is the superior spec for clearing an objective. 5 enemies humping a door? Rage makes 5 enemies go away. No other spec can do that.