This has got to stop.

FormidableShadow

I play as Republic on a server that has far more Imperials and the only thing that bugs me about it is this. I play almost always six vs eight every PvP Warzone I go into. Now I love PvP I get killed and go kill with the best of them. I understand the difficulty of class balancing and that is why you never see me complain about it. But the fact that the que system can't do the most basic thing all other MMO's do witch is have the same number of people on the same team is just sad.

Now I've filled bug reports, requested help and posted on the forums about this multiple times and have yet to receive a responce at all. So here is mine, I have 20ish days left on my account and it's not renewing till I hear there is a fix coming that makes it so both teams PvP have the same number of people on them. I'm not saying it have to be live I'm not saying it has to be soon, I'm just saying I need to hear a time when I can actually get a fair fight so for once I can finish a daily in less then six or seven tries because I had to fight up hill all day.

I play on the most populous European server and this is never a problem for me, even when people leave replacements are found fast enough that often its a blessing in disguise. One must therefore assume that as BW have promised that cross server WZs are in the pipeline once these come into effect your problem will be solved since it must be caused by the fact you have so few people queuing for WZs.........

That still doesn't stop the core problem, though I hope it will. The problem is the system as it is set up will allow a team of six to try to fight a team of eight. That is an inherent flaw and needs to be removed.

Yes it is unfair, maybe a quick fix would be that killing a repubs is worth 1.25 kills that would fix the unfairnes with imp having less targets to kill.

Yes it is unfair, maybe a quick fix would be that killing a repubs is worth 1.25 kills that would fix the unfairnes with imp having less targets to kill.

I admit I loled. Kills contribute to winning but aren't why you win PvP warzones are objective based. Ever tried being on the attack in a Voidstar when the defenders have two more people. Trust me the fact they have less targets isn't hurting their kills. It is however hurting the chances that I get a fair shot as a Republic player and reque so you get to those kills your looking for rather then yet another Hut Ball against your fellow Imperals.

That still doesn't stop the core problem, though I hope it will. The problem is the system as it is set up will allow a team of six to try to fight a team of eight. That is an inherent flaw and needs to be removed.

It does fix the core problem because as I just explained on a heavy load realm that problem is not there......The reason you get 6 vs 8 is 2 people didn't accept the invite this is usually because on low pop realms queues are longer so people tab out and do other things then miss the queue. This then get compounded by the fact that once 2 don't show up it takes longer to find single queuing replacements......

It does fix the core problem because as I just explained on a heavy load realm that problem is not there......The reason you get 6 vs 8 is 2 people didn't accept the invite this is usually because on low pop realms queues are longer so people tab out and do other things then miss the queue. This then get compounded by the fact that once 2 don't show up it takes longer to find single queuing replacements......

My average que time is near instant, the game only looks for 6 players then fills the last two spots. If you want to check it's easy I waited to the last second clicked enter and was third of six on the op list. If it had you enter based on when you accepted I should have been sixth.

This is a server population issue.

- Sith tells 8 people to join warzone, 6 do so, 2 cancel. Two more Sith then get invited to Warzone and join.

- Jedit tells 8 people to join warzone, 6 do so. There is no one else queued for Jedi. You start the fight with 6.

Only server merge or cross server warzones will solve this.

Instead of starting 6 vs. 8, maybe 2 could be dropped from the Imp side just before kick-off.

And for adding during the game, there could be a constraint that a player would not be allowed to join a game in-progress if it created a difference in team size of more than 1.

The worst part of this would be the user experience of players who got bumped -- you're in; no, you're out. But I think it would be a better experience for the 12 players who got in.

This behavior might irritate the pre-made teams of 8.

This is a server population issue.

- Sith tells 8 people to join warzone, 6 do so, 2 cancel. Two more Sith then get invited to Warzone and join.

- Jedit tells 8 people to join warzone, 6 do so. There is no one else queued for Jedi. You start the fight with 6.

Only server merge or cross server warzones will solve this.

Actually there is another solution:

1. 6 Imps and 6 Reps get the invites.

2. The system waits for all to confirm. All confirmed are put into a queue.

3. Once all 12 have accepted they get in the warzone.

4. The system asks for more players and when people from both sides accept they are let in at the same time one by one. So when 2 (1 Imp and 1 Rep) accept, they get in.

Played a 5 v 8 last night, soon as we started we got the 120 seconds message.

We ran in, got the ball, carrier got knocked around a bit while I ran deeper on the upper rafters, passed, scored within 30 seconds. Grabbed the ball again and just held it while the time ran out. 2 min win with 1 goal. 5 v 8 the whole time.

Granted, that's not the usual outcome of an underdog game, but it can happen. What happens more often, is we get 1 join just in time to stop the timer and we have to play an entire match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.