The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which BM gear to buy? looking ahead

BCass

Hey, as a pyro powertech im wondering what battlemaster gear to buy. I see many people say get Eliminator set for the 15% railshot crit. Which i would do.... But in 1.2 can u only exchange eliminator for eliminator Warhero version and not exchange it for combattech?

Are the set bonuses the same for 1.2 and is eliminator still going to be the way to go?

Also if this trend contiunes and we all have eliminator yet bioware then bring in new set bonuses on the tier after warhero, yet we can only upgrade from the set we have allready. I dont wanna be stuck with gear that is hard to get and not actually intended for my class should changes happen that common sense says kinda should.. ;)

Whats your thoughts guys?

Edited by BCass

I have been struggling with the same conundrum for quite some time... hence I have 8 BM tokens unspent :)

I guess you just have to ask yourself what spec will you REALLY play after 1.2.. nerfs included

Edited by Gomezie

Yeah.. thing that bothers me the most is that Eliminator is Mercenary gear. Say i get full warhero merc gear then Conqueror gear after that requires Elim WH to upgrade.. but set bonuses have changed and it is only usefull then to a merc.. Kinda sucks that we have one dps spec for pvp and we dont have our own dps gear for it.. *** bioware really.

I'd say just go ahead and buy what is currently useful - there's no telling when if ever any of those supposed changes will take place so you might as well have good gear now instead of (possibly) good gear later. Who knows, they may change it and the PT set bonuses would STILL stink.

I definitely understand your frustration though...

I do not see the Pyro nerf being reversed or even reduced. I am pretty sure the 6sec on PPA will stay in effect. That being said, I went with the Combat tech for the 15% RP. The reason is that the nerf, more than anything, destroyed the "fun factor" of the pyro tree. I enjoyed the gamble and chaotic nature of the PPA.

I will be trying several variants of APs and STs, in both cases the combat tech is very good with both set bonuses (carbon/determination and 15% crit RP). Not that Pyro is going to be less viable than AP or ST, it's just going to be boring for me to play.