Firepits and acid in Huttball

ndirector

It should tick for at least 40% HP regardless of gear and stats. Would solve a few issues. :D

1. It would be way too OP.

2. Percentage based damage should be removed, especially fall damage. Armor and higher HP pools should mitigate against any damage, period.

1. It would be way too OP.

LOL.

Overpowered "traps"

They are meant to be deadly obstacles, as they are now they are a trivial inconvenience. Some gear/power combinations even let people walk through them while heavily snared with little consequence.

I'm with the OP, make them something that actually has to be avoided.

LOL.

Overpowered "traps"

They are meant to be deadly obstacles, as they are now they are a trivial inconvenience. Some gear/power combinations even let people walk through them while heavily snared with little consequence.

If you can't kill someone taking 1-2k dmg every 0.5 seconds then LOL at you.

Directly from 1.2 patch notes

Huttball

Giradda the Hutt now sees to it that any player standing on the ball stand when the ball respawns are slain.

The damage hazards deal is now a set percentage of total player health and is elemental damage.

Interesting what the % actually is but I love it. Obstacles used to be dangerous, now for a lot of people with enough resilience and/or speed boosts you can just run through it

LOL.

Overpowered "traps"

It isn't the traps that are OP, it is the pulls/knockbacks that are made even more powerful if the traps did obscene damage. 40% is just too much.

Edited by Bnol

If you think 5-7k damage from a Huttball trap (often less) to someone with 20k health who's being guarded, bubbled and healed is anything but trivial, LOL at you.

That is not the case and you damn well know it. More often than not you see people casually crossing the pits with maybe 2 ticks at best which means what? 4k drop? The time you wait for the fire to stop is and should be part of your game strategy, it's not meant to be a minor hazard. It's meant to make you wait or have someone to pass to already on the other side. I think it's fairly obvious to everyone that IT IS an issue.

That is not the case and you damn well know it. More often than not you see people casually crossing the pits with maybe 2 ticks at best which means what? 4k drop? The time you wait for the fire to stop is and should be part of your game strategy, it's not meant to be a minor hazard. It's meant to make you wait or have someone to pass to already on the other side. I think it's fairly obvious to everyone that IT IS an issue.

You are just making a tactical choice, take damage or wait. Sometimes it is better to just take the damage than to wait. Further, while increasing the hazard damage would slow progression of the ball (by taking away the decision to take some damage), it would also increase the strength of pulls and knockbacks, which are already powerful tools in Huttball, that do not need an increase.

Edited by Bnol

It should tick for at least 40% HP regardless of gear and stats. Would solve a few issues. :D

What issues? I can stand in the fire the whole game with my Sage, and still top the Healing, Damage, AND kill charts. Sounds to me like you need to learn how to play your class.