The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Loving Vanguard So Far

LeggoMyMuoio

My first character to 50 was an Arsenal Mercenary and while I really enjoyed pvping with it (knockbacks in Huttball are fun), I haven't even logged in on that character since creating my Vanguard. I'm only 28 right now but the combination of survivability, mobility, and harpoon have been incredibly refreshing from my rather stationary and squishy merc. I can't wait until I hit 30 and can get Storm and I'll become a Huttball machine. Part of me has really regretted not choosing Powertech way back when, but part of me also really likes Stockstrike over Rocket Punch.

Vanguard sees 80% less Hutt Ball than powertech.

I'm aware.

I don't know if Republic is just better at PvP than Imperial (it certainly felt that way on my BH's server), but we won the 4 straight last night that I played. With a good healer, I was wrecking havoc in Alderaan and Void Star. I wasn't doing a ton of damage, but tank spec is certainly good at annoying the crap out of people trying to cap a turret or door.

Not my first character, but first Vanguard. :p Going to do more Flashpoints and quest today and return to PvP when I'm even stronger! :D

LOL, you mean like when you have sprint? :D

I'm leveling a jedi alt and have been PvPing since hitting 10. It's so painful with no skills, and especially painful without sprint , lol

84% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

When I first made my vanguard I regretted not making a Commando instead. My style of play is more like that of the Commando (played a Balance Druid in WoW). Now that I've learned how to play better, however, I am really loving my Vanguard.

I'm aware.

I don't know if Republic is just better at PvP than Imperial (it certainly felt that way on my BH's server), but we won the 4 straight last night that I played. With a good healer, I was wrecking havoc in Alderaan and Void Star. I wasn't doing a ton of damage, but tank spec is certainly good at annoying the crap out of people trying to cap a turret or door.

Make sure to taunt and keep guard on someone at all times. EASY metals.

Vanguard is idd very fun to play in warzones :)

Ive been playing assault since i started mine and never looked to anything else. Its a very versatile spec, you only lose a few % when your not in SS range and harpoon is such a great tool :)

LOL, you mean like when you have sprint? :D

I'm leveling a jedi alt and have been PvPing since hitting 10. It's so painful with no skills, and especially painful without sprint , lol

Haha yes! :D So much better with sprint.

Yesterday it didn't go so well. Lost all matches, but then again in every WZ we had low level people on my side. I think max lvl was 28 in one haha.

Tho I was able to fight some Imps around lvl 19 when my character was lvl 14 and it was not that bad... if only my ammo didn't run out so fast. :p

Make sure to taunt and keep guard on someone at all times. EASY metals.

Yeah, I try to find a healer to guard at all times (or the ball carrier). I need to get used to taunting more though, right now it's not keybound and until yesterday I didn't realize it was off the GCD.

Yeah, I try to find a healer to guard at all times (or the ball carrier). I need to get used to taunting more though, right now it's not keybound and until yesterday I didn't realize it was off the GCD.

Using the AoE taunt will garner mad protection points. It's akin to soaking up damage points using mortar volley.

• 2 weeks later...
84% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

When I first made my vanguard I regretted not making a Commando instead. My style of play is more like that of the Commando (played a Balance Druid in WoW). Now that I've learned how to play better, however, I am really loving my Vanguard.

90% of statistics are right 50% of the time.