so for leveling definitely arsenal right?

toshman

i don't take that view point actually. the opposite. its best to try to spend a couple of levels in each spec so when you face the character you know how to react.

just at lvl 26 pyro wasn't great. and for mobs where i tend to fight VERY quickly and move mob to mob i had alot of trouble overheating and standing there. spamming basic attack.

this is strictly speaking of quick leveling. i want to hit 50 quickly on my alt.

Edited by toshman

my reasoning is that its easier to learn your class when you go lvl by lvl as opposed to respeccing and getting a bunch of new skills that you now have to learn how to use. ive done this using blue frogs in swg and it was a nightmare trying to figure out what was what. i feel that reading their forums and guides give you enough information to counter them

as far as lvling, or any pve for that matter, i hear arsenal the way to go

Edited by Cegenaus

I was levelling as healer for a while. The single target on healing spec is lower, but the AoE is pretty much just as awesome as it is in Arsenal.

I switched to arsenal recently just so I could see what it was like before the 1.2 nerf of tracer missile.

All in all, you kill elites/harder npcs (anything that requires single target) faster in arsenal, but healer spec kills packs nearly the same.

just seemed like i would overheat instantly as lvl 26 merc went to tracermissle spec and i can dstroy mobs.

I HATE turret specs but its optimal for leveling right?

I leveled as Arsenal, but change to Pyro when I found it suits my playstyle better.

personally i lvl with what im gonna play endgame, its the easiest way to learn the class

i level fast, lets start there, not worrying about gear or changing rotations as long as i can kill yellow/oranges

50 sorc now and need to still work out healing rotations because of solo play

50 arsenal and took a while to get down heat management because i never needed it leveling up

23 agent and not running out of power before stuff dies

so if you are leveling quickly very little "learning" going to go on until you hit 50 imo, this game is just that easy.

but yes i think arsenal is the fastest biggest DPS esp in earlier levels for leveling, me and mako wiped the floor with mobs 3 to 4 levels above us all the way to 50 with few exceptions.

i level fast, lets start there, not worrying about gear or changing rotations as long as i can kill yellow/oranges

50 sorc now and need to still work out healing rotations because of solo play

50 arsenal and took a while to get down heat management because i never needed it leveling up

23 agent and not running out of power before stuff dies

so if you are leveling quickly very little "learning" going to go on until you hit 50 imo, this game is just that easy.

but yes i think arsenal is the fastest biggest DPS esp in earlier levels for leveling, me and mako wiped the floor with mobs 3 to 4 levels above us all the way to 50 with few exceptions.

i disagree. i learned 90% of the class by lvling and the other 10% was pvp. arsenal and corruption rotations were pretty easy to figure out and ive never healed in any game prior to this

arsenal pve rotation does not differ much from the pvp rotation. you have to be more selective with your aoe abilities and youll use vent heat a little more. its more about learning survivability than anything else

corruption rotations dont differ much from solo to group play, youll be managing cds more. if you do enough flashpoints youll know how to group heal by 50

i dont understand how people would think getting starter skills and then getting a skill every few lvls would be harder to learn then getting all of your skills at once

i disagree. i learned 90% of the class by lvling and the other 10% was pvp. arsenal and corruption rotations were pretty easy to figure out and ive never healed in any game prior to this

arsenal pve rotation does not differ much from the pvp rotation. you have to be more selective with your aoe abilities and youll use vent heat a little more. its more about learning survivability than anything else

corruption rotations dont differ much from solo to group play, youll be managing cds more. if you do enough flashpoints youll know how to group heal by 50

i dont understand how people would think getting starter skills and then getting a skill every few lvls would be harder to learn then getting all of your skills at once

you are not really changing your entire skill set. just some skills change. think about the # of skills you get. 2-3 per tree. it becomes a rotation issue.

and this game is easy enough. especially if you played other mmo's. i don't know the pyro rotation yet as this is my 2nd char but asn for example

asn darkness:

wither, shock, wither, thrash, recklessness, FL

asn deception

discharge, voltanicx2, recklessness, shock

you get the idea.

Edited by toshman

the game is pretty easy to play, 10 min on the sorc boards and i had my healing rotation, one raid and i had my management down, trying to level as a healer would have taken me an extra 30 to 40 hours of play time, and i changed spec's at 50 and had the same basics down that leveling the spec would have taught me in about 5 hours...

just an efficiency thing, and as I plan on having 4 50's by june i just take the faster route. Of course i have played dps, heals, and tank in MMO's since 98 so i already understand most mechanics right out of the box.

now that weve digressed, my point still stands that youll know your class better if you lvl with it but thats still up to you

I agree 100% with your statement however trying to level as Bodyguard with only have Mako & Gault as your companions is painful. I wish there was an easier way to level Bodyguard.

I agree 100% with your statement however trying to level as Bodyguard with only have Mako & Gault as your companions is painful. I wish there was an easier way to level Bodyguard.

that is why you level as arsenal...

50 slow levels of learning an incomplete build because somehow metaphysically all those hours of not having your top end abilities are going to make you better

or

50 fast levels and a couple of hours researching the boards for builds/rotation and then one or two HM to work out the kinks of your rotation and BOOM raid ready

or just respec if its not working out. I was arsenal for 10 levels, got bored of being arsenal (it is really boring) then switched to bodyguard to run heroics and flashpoints. I'm sticking with bodyguard for a bit, maybe switch out mako for torian or not, it doesnt matter. Bodyguard does insane aoe anyway with death from above, so I really don't think it matters. I also prefer healing in warzones, so if you do that, feel free to respec.

Respec doesn't cost that much anyhow. Just see what you enjoy, it really doesn't matter.