! The New and Improved "Shadowstep" Bill for Concealment !

Gaucho

Eventhough I do agree that Operatives\Scoundrels need a little something to manage gaps, I don't think that this is the way it should be handled. I think they should be moved closer to PTs in this regard, and not Warriors. I, for one, want to see flash grenade at 30 meters baseline. I also can't see why Lacerate can't be a knife throw attack, while Sucker Punch can be changed to a 10-meter shotgun attack. I also want to see a talent that makes Sabo Charge usable on the run outside cover, and I honestly think that Marauders shouldn't be the ones to hog the healing debuff exclusively.

Besides, OP's "assessment" of the classes, while not entirely wrong, is painfully ignorant.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventhough I do agree that Operatives\Scoundrels need a little something to manage gaps, I don't think that this is the way it should be handled.

Thank you for posting this. I agree whole heartedly. :) I want to be a unique class! Not have a jump like 2 of the other tanks. 30m Flashbang and Lacerate being 10m would go a LONG way. I would love for Corrosive grenade or something in the Lethality tree to give me a ranged TA proc. You know, since we have to spend 34 energy (Shiv+Cull) and snipers only have to spend 25 on Cull.

I've never been a fan of the 'shadowstep' mechanic, I think it's lazy game design and promotes a boring playstyle i.e. press a button and be right next to your target.

I do think operatives need some kind of in-combat mobility, but I would rather see it be something unique, as opposed to homogenizing the playstyles between classes or 'dumbing down' the game mechanics.

What I think would be really cool is some kind of beacon/recall mechanic. In other words, you get 2 skills, one places a beacon on the ground at your current position, and the other will recall you to it, as long as you are within 30 meters. It isn't a true 'gap closer', but it can be used as one if you are clever enough. It can also be used defensively i.e. as a 'get out of dodge' tool when you start taking focus fire. In Huttball, it would make knockbacks far less punishing for us, and actually give us some more options for helping move the ball offensively. In operations, it would enable greater uptime on certain bosses, and/or ability to switch targets faster.

I think the right cooldown for the actual recall skill would be anywhere in the 30 to 60 second range. I'm inclined to say it ought to be available only to heavy concealment builds, since medics would be ridiculous with it, and lethality has enough ranged setup that I think it's not in need of something like this.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. BW will probably just cave to forum QQ at some point and take the easy way out.

I've never been a fan of the 'shadowstep' mechanic, I think it's lazy game design and promotes a boring playstyle i.e. press a button and be right next to your target.

You mean like a Feral Druid - the class the Operative was undoubtedly modeled after? Of course, that class has a charge that places you behind the target AND a super-sprint. The Operative has neither..