The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Gear..with augment slot?

Launow

will the new orange legacy gear be able to get augment slots? i am a sith war for my main is there a profession that i should have to crit the legacy gear? or reverse eng it? or can i just stick with biochem and pay some1 to crit it for me?

• 5 weeks later...

So, there's a full suit of orange Legacy gear on the vendor on Coruscant. However, they do not have an augment slot. Is that orange gear RE'able to get the recipe to craft for a chance for an augment slot?

Because, if not, it's DEFINITELY not worth the 1.2 mil for the whole outfit...

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I don't believe that they can be RE'd to get schems. However, hold onto those custom gear as devs has said that they are working on a way to make non-augment gear to be able to get it in one form or another in future patch.

I don't believe that they can be RE'd to get schems. However, hold onto those custom gear as devs has said that they are working on a way to make non-augment gear to be able to get it in one form or another in future patch.

Well, haven't bought it yet, and I'm thinking that 1.2 mil is way too pricey for non-augmented gear...

Well, haven't bought it yet, and I'm thinking that 1.2 mil is way too pricey for non-augmented gear...

I bought the smuggler legacy set cos it's currently the best looking smuggler gear that fits with the scoundrel stealth theme. And moddable belts/bracers for ~100k ea is pretty cheap.

I bought the smuggler legacy set cos it's currently the best looking smuggler gear that fits with the scoundrel stealth theme. And moddable belts/bracers for ~100k ea is pretty cheap.

Or just buy the ship battle belt for ship commendations... Though I do like the modable bracers.

The devs have stated more than once that they plan to implement a means in game to add augment slots to existing Orange gear.

So no, the legacy gear is not best in slot at the moment, but can be someday. In theory.

Yes, the dev's have said that they "are looking at some way of adding augment slots to already crafted gear".

However, the current method for getting augment slots (random luck via critical crafting success) is clearly designed to keep augment slotted gear in the "rare" category. Just check your local GTN terminal for pricing on augment-slotted gear :)

So it is unlikely that any new method of adding augment slots to gear will be any "easier" than the current system, unless the dev's intend to make augment-slotted gear the new standard.

Yes, the dev's have said that they "are looking at some way of adding augment slots to already crafted gear".

However, the current method for getting augment slots (random luck via critical crafting success) is clearly designed to keep augment slotted gear in the "rare" category. Just check your local GTN terminal for pricing on augment-slotted gear :)

So it is unlikely that any new method of adding augment slots to gear will be any "easier" than the current system, unless the dev's intend to make augment-slotted gear the new standard.

Well, on my server anyway, the crafted orange gear with an augment slot on the GTN is about the same price as the orange gear on the Legacy vendor, which doesn't have the augment slot.

Well, on my server anyway, the crafted orange gear with an augment slot on the GTN is about the same price as the orange gear on the Legacy vendor, which doesn't have the augment slot.

Indeed, and I believe that Legacy gear also falls into the "rare" category, given that you have to firstly attain the required Legacy ranking, and secondly, spend a considerable amount of credits. The average player, upon reaching L50, does not pop over to the Legacy vendor and quickly buy a full set of orange legacy gear without breaking their stride. Well, obviously not if they already have a few orange pieces with an augment slot :)

What I was trying to say in my post was that currently the dev's seem to regard augment slots as "special" features, otherwise they would not make it so difficult to get those pieces. Unless they plan on changing that approach in future, I doubt that the ability to add an augment slot will be freely available to all that want it.

Indeed, and I believe that Legacy gear also falls into the "rare" category, given that you have to firstly attain the required Legacy ranking, and secondly, spend a considerable amount of credits. The average player, upon reaching L50, does not pop over to the Legacy vendor and quickly buy a full set of orange legacy gear without breaking their stride. Well, obviously not if they already have a few orange pieces with an augment slot :)

What I was trying to say in my post was that currently the dev's seem to regard augment slots as "special" features, otherwise they would not make it so difficult to get those pieces. Unless they plan on changing that approach in future, I doubt that the ability to add an augment slot will be freely available to all that want it.

Good point. I'd even be willing to spend a bit more credits later on to add augment slots to it. Hmmm... Think I might go ahead and do it.

You have a skewed sense of "rare" if you are being serious. First, it takes almost no time to get to the legacy requirement for the gear if you actually play the game. As for the price it is hardly a "considerable amount of credits". You can make 300k+ a day just doing your Corellia/Belsavis/Ilum dailies now which you should be doing anyway at 50 for daily/blackhole commendations unless you plan on doing nothing but PvP.

Augmented Oranges aren't even rare, they run for maybe 100-150k on my server because they are USEFUL(not rare) and that's pretty cheap imo. They don't take insane amounts of mats to craft or anything and the crit chance isn't that low if you are using the right companion with maxed affection, hell I crafted 4 orange chests last night just to make some extra credits and 2 or them crit.

When they do add the ability to add augment slots to gear I can see it costing a decent amount of mats because you are bypassing an RNG system but I don't by any means think it is going to be some crazy time consuming process.

You have a skewed sense of "rare" if you are being serious. First, it takes almost no time to get to the legacy requirement for the gear if you actually play the game.

Stopped reading right there... That's completely ludicrous. "If you actually play the game..." :rolleyes:

Most of my guildies work full-time and have teenage kids, and are just now reaching Legacy level 8, much less the 20 required for the set I'm referring to. And, yes, they "actually play the game"...

I'm Legacy level 30, and I realize that. I'm in the minority. You know what "minority" means? That's right: RARE.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Stopped reading right there... That's completely ludicrous. "If you actually play the game..." :rolleyes:

Most of my guildies work full-time and have teenage kids, and are just now reaching Legacy level 8, much less the 20 required for the set I'm referring to. And, yes, they "actually play the game"...

I'm Legacy level 30, and I realize that. I'm in the minority. You know what "minority" means? That's right: RARE.

The legacy gear requirements are 10 for 1 set and 20 for the other. If you aren't at least legacy 10 and have been playing the game for at least a month then you aren't doing it right. 20 doesn't take that much longer either. Sitting in the fleet staring at the GTN isn't going to get you legacy XP and isn't what I was referring to by "playing the game". Even if you play very casually but know how to manage your time you can easily get enough legacy to get both sets.

Don't use the fulltime job and obligations crutch either, I have both and I am legacy 33 atm and I stopped really going out and doing dailies 2 months ago(aside from starting again in 1.2 for the new relic). If your guildies spend the few hours or whatever they play the game chatting way in the fleet then of course they are only going to be legacy 8.

The legacy gear requirements are 10 for 1 set and 20 for the other. If you aren't at least legacy 10 and have been playing the game for at least a month then you aren't doing it right. 20 doesn't take that much longer either. Sitting in the fleet staring at the GTN isn't going to get you legacy XP and isn't what I was referring to by "playing the game". Even if you play very casually but know how to manage your time you can easily get enough legacy to get both sets.

Don't use the fulltime job and obligations crutch either, I have both and I am legacy 33 atm and I stopped really going out and doing dailies 2 months ago(aside from starting again in 1.2 for the new relic). If your guildies spend the few hours or whatever they play the game chatting way in the fleet then of course they are only going to be legacy 8.

Whatever man. All I know is that my guildies are on in the evenings at least every other day, have started playing first day of Early Access, and are just now reaching level 10, some not even that high.

Insulting them for not making an MMO their life is not helping your position...

You have a skewed sense of "rare" if you are being serious. First, it takes almost no time to get to the legacy requirement for the gear if you actually play the game. As for the price it is hardly a "considerable amount of credits". You can make 300k+ a day just doing your Corellia/Belsavis/Ilum dailies now which you should be doing anyway at 50 for daily/blackhole commendations unless you plan on doing nothing but PvP.

Augmented Oranges aren't even rare, they run for maybe 100-150k on my server because they are USEFUL(not rare) and that's pretty cheap imo. They don't take insane amounts of mats to craft or anything and the crit chance isn't that low if you are using the right companion with maxed affection, hell I crafted 4 orange chests last night just to make some extra credits and 2 or them crit.

When they do add the ability to add augment slots to gear I can see it costing a decent amount of mats because you are bypassing an RNG system but I don't by any means think it is going to be some crazy time consuming process.

Perhaps my sense of "rare" is seriously skewed, but I keep on seeing posts on these forums from people complaining about how they made 20 or 30 items in a row with no crafting crits... But I guess they are just clueless players.

And yes, I'm playing SWTOR "wrong"... I've been levelling my characters in parallel, instead of jetting one char to L50 in a week and then funding the alts with the daily 300K+ that I will earn as a L50 player.

So, to me, something that costs 100K on the GTN is staggeringly expensive, and most definitely "rare". I would feel a major sense of achievement when I can afford to buy one of those, but that's because of my chosen playstyle.

However, I am enjoying myself nonetheless :)

Bioware: Thanks for doing a really great job making some really pimp looking Legacy gear... now if only it had augment slots it would actually be worth wearing. I'm crossing my fingers and waiting till I can buy my smuggler legacy headslot with the backwords cap, sunglasses, bandana, and headphones. Here's hoping they add augment slots to them soon.