Ilum is a complete failure

HarrisonJames

And not just Ilum, enitre game mechanics are complete failures for MMO standars as well.

I got to 50 today, was so excited to go to Ilum, then I found out there was no more class story which sucked but whatever. I was told I had to do Ilum dailies before I could do Hardmodes before I could do Operations, because everyone knows that finding ways to blatantly waste a customers time totally wins you brownie points...

And what happens, first three quests on the planets (the only three by the way) CANNOT BE DONE. The crystal shipment quest is broken beyond belief, you cannot pick up quest items and some of them arent even named, they have the whole "ITEM HAS NO NAME" placeholder on them, second quest is a heroic 2 man. Only issue is that its impossible to actually beat with just 2 people. Third quest is the one where you hunt down the Jedi master, except they forgot to make it a fight where an operative could actually beat him....Its a pull with 3 enemies that auto respawn every attempt so you cant just kill the non elites first attempt and just focus on boss for next attempt, and you absolutely cannot do it as an operative unless you are grossly overgeared.

The thing is the only way to get grossly overgeared is by completing the quests to get the badges to buy the gear, but you cant do that because you cant beat even the first series of quests.

And because of speeder piloting Im broke as **** which means I cant just buy gear off AH even though I have 24 *********** pieces of Mandolorian iron and about a dozen piece of the epic silk THAT NO ONE BUYS, because Bioware has ZERO clue how to make crafting proffessions, now the way they have it set up, is that no one buys anything and everyone just makes their own stuff which completely defeats the purpose of proffessions.

And for those who think its a server issue, Im on the fatman server which is one of the few high pop servers, we got "a lot" of people (by biowares standards I guess) AND NO ONE BUYS MATERIALS, NO ONE BUYS ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR *********** IMPLANTS.

Now Im stuck not able to progress my character at all because Bioware couldnt be bothered to make sure the first three quests on Ilum were doable and Im stuck being pennyless because of a completely unintelligent game design for the crafting proffessions.

Im mad

That is evident, but ranting nonsensically won't get you anywhere.

Ilum, and the game to that extent, isn't as broken as your rage post tells.

I was able to complete each mission with no problem, and earning welfare gear, as well as credits, is easy if you do some pvp.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Why should I have to level an Alt when the legacy system isnt even in the game yet so their is no benefit to leveling an alt aside from getting incredibly bored for having to sit through the exact same story again, and all I want to do is try out the end game content to see if its any good.

Why should I have to level an Alt when the legacy system isnt even in the game yet so their is no benefit to leveling an alt aside from getting incredibly bored for having to sit through the exact same story again, and all I want to do is try out the end game content to see if its any good.

The problem is you didn't give it a try, you went to Ilum, tried doing a mission that was bugged by chance, and figured it would be easier to just come on the forums to complain.

There are way more end game gear paths for you to take so you can experience all the content. People will take you through HM's and reg ops in Centurion gear...

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Except the Legacy Unlocks will be granted upon implementation.

because levelling an alt is the ultimate answer to every question in this forum. ;)

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

because levelling an alt is the ultimate answer to every question in this forum. ;)

You, good sir/madame, have earned my respect and admiration.

On topic, well, you know, if I counted the errors in your most and then counted the bugs I've found in Ilum, I wonder . . . .

Yeah, I ran into the same bug too. I was a little irritated, but I got over it, went back a couple days later, and it was working fine. No Harm, no foul.

[The problem is you didn't give it a try, you went to Ilum, tried doing a mission that was bugged by chance, and figured it would be easier to just come on the forums to complain.

There are way more end game gear paths for you to take so you can experience all the content. People will take you through HM's and reg ops in Centurion gear... ]

K but why should I have to PvP when Im just interested in PvE, its not like MMO PvP takes skill or is even interesting otherwise I would be playing SC2 right now for that. I want PvE for story and more of an experience not a bunch of chickens running around with their heads chopped off.

You shouldnt be forced down a certain path and right now I clearly am, either I PvP for the stupid PvP gear to get welfare runs through HM, or I simply do not progress my character.

Good job Bioware.

[The problem is you didn't give it a try, you went to Ilum, tried doing a mission that was bugged by chance, and figured it would be easier to just come on the forums to complain.

There are way more end game gear paths for you to take so you can experience all the content. People will take you through HM's and reg ops in Centurion gear... ]

K but why should I have to PvP when Im just interested in PvE, its not like MMO PvP takes skill or is even interesting otherwise I would be playing SC2 right now for that. I want PvE for story and more of an experience not a bunch of chickens running around with their heads chopped off.

You shouldnt be forced down a certain path and right now I clearly am, either I PvP for the stupid PvP gear to get welfare runs through HM, or I simply do not progress my character.

Good job Bioware.

LOL.

Pretty sure you can do NM Flashpoints and Operations as a fresh 50 without any type for 49-50-ish purples.

And not just Ilum, enitre game mechanics are complete failures for MMO standars as well.

I got to 50 today, was so excited to go to Ilum, then I found out there was no more class story which sucked but whatever. I was told I had to do Ilum dailies before I could do Hardmodes before I could do Operations, because everyone knows that finding ways to blatantly waste a customers time totally wins you brownie points...

And what happens, first three quests on the planets (the only three by the way) CANNOT BE DONE. The crystal shipment quest is broken beyond belief, you cannot pick up quest items and some of them arent even named, they have the whole "ITEM HAS NO NAME" placeholder on them, second quest is a heroic 2 man. Only issue is that its impossible to actually beat with just 2 people. Third quest is the one where you hunt down the Jedi master, except they forgot to make it a fight where an operative could actually beat him....Its a pull with 3 enemies that auto respawn every attempt so you cant just kill the non elites first attempt and just focus on boss for next attempt, and you absolutely cannot do it as an operative unless you are grossly overgeared.

The thing is the only way to get grossly overgeared is by completing the quests to get the badges to buy the gear, but you cant do that because you cant beat even the first series of quests.

And because of speeder piloting Im broke as **** which means I cant just buy gear off AH even though I have 24 *********** pieces of Mandolorian iron and about a dozen piece of the epic silk THAT NO ONE BUYS, because Bioware has ZERO clue how to make crafting proffessions, now the way they have it set up, is that no one buys anything and everyone just makes their own stuff which completely defeats the purpose of proffessions.

And for those who think its a server issue, Im on the fatman server which is one of the few high pop servers, we got "a lot" of people (by biowares standards I guess) AND NO ONE BUYS MATERIALS, NO ONE BUYS ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR *********** IMPLANTS.

Now Im stuck not able to progress my character at all because Bioware couldnt be bothered to make sure the first three quests on Ilum were doable and Im stuck being pennyless because of a completely unintelligent game design for the crafting proffessions.

I haven't been to Ilum since Hector was a pup.

I find your multitude of grammar errors, and starting a paragraph with "And" to be a failure.

But I don't let everyone know in my forum-blog.

HAMAGOD..! he started a paragraph with AND....!

YU MAD ?

K agree with ilum but the game as a whole mechanic wise being a failure? rofl ok champ, good to see long posts with so much nonsense packed into it...

Rage on children, rage on...

K agree with ilum but the game as a whole mechanic wise being a failure? rofl ok champ, good to see long posts with so much nonsense packed into it...

Rage on children, rage on...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=157626

nah its all working as intended.:D

WHY would anyone rage about something that works perfectly ALL THE TIME.

exept when it happens.. to.....well.... you.

and

how did that make you feel?

Calm down. Send in another ticket referencing your previous one, and use the keyword SEESAW.

This will put it into the escalation queue for those people who have a previous ticket in.

As for 3 weeks with a ticket in, youll probably find out the ticket was closed or classed as a bug not long after you submitted it.

Do what i said above, and make sure you type in a calm and polite manner and it will be responded to by the escalation team.

I wonder how it felt at the time to be on the other side of the trolling?

rofl

Edited by Jrovak

You may have some valid points in there, but I'm curious why this is in the PvP forum? You seemed to talk more about implants/crafting. You might get the type of responses you want in the appropriate forum.

I think that Open PVP zones must have more motivation to stay there. It must have something like it is realized in PVP Warzones, to have a story and 2 sides of gameplay, one stage to defend and another to assault for each team, but to increase the number of players, not 8/8, but even though 16/16 minimum.