No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

if a player does not win a item, they will get gold. Not nothing. And this is the same system TOR now uses in Operations? Does it suck as well?

I actually read it and they do say "Nothing".

SWTOR is SWTOR, don't make it a clone of a game that people have left to come here, or just go play that other game that has the features you claim are Needed, Fundamental, and Necessary.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally revamping it? You are wrong. What they are doing is changing how the roll system works, which by the way is somewhat like how it works in TOR's Operations. That is, the player does not choose greed or need, but the computer decides what you win and you get the reward automatically. They needed to change the roll system. I think it is a good change. But the LFR tool is actaully being expanded to include all 3 new raids in MOP.

Three new raids, since how long? And when was that coming out again?

I like that SWTOR has a better track record than that so far.

It's on par or better than the ones I've seen in tor...

it's a hell of a lot better than some of the ones I ran into in RIFT.

I have to say, nope. I've had no problems with the people on two servers and find them helpful and some very merrily chatting away.

Not so with that other game.

This really is a non issue. Create a tool that allows you to select queue for same server players only.

Problem fixed, you get your community and people (from the most valid arguments) have some accountability for their actions. People who check this option might have a slightly longer wait time, but hey - its their choice.

Myself on the other hand, had very little issues with the WoW LFG and later LFR - it was a VERY small percentage of runs that i encountered someone looking to grief. Most people shared a comon goal and wanted to get the content done in a quick and painless manner.

Guess what, i even made some same server friends through this method!

At the end of the day, my time is important. I do not want to wait for an hour as a DPS class to find a run on my of my alts - spamming a chat channel is just silly. As a paying consumer i was instant gratification (or atleast line up in a queue for it).

A tool for x server LFG will bring life back to the game for me, it will allow me to play some alts (which even the legacy system does not really entice me to do) without worrying about finding a group when im DPS specd (ive had my fill of tanking TY).

Its a s simple question of - "Do we want to retain customers?"

And guess what, if things like this do not get implemented - im not sure how much more of my time will be spent playing the game.

There is no animosity in my post, im simply stating how i feel about the matter. We all have our opinion, but i have a hunch that being a very casual centric game a lot of players feel the same. Do the right thing BW - make this thing cross server or you will potentially be sorry ....

Then please join those new friends on their server as you will not be part of the local community so much as ....., and with your new friends you can que to your hearts content with them, on that other server.

Lol! *shakes his head. Well the only cases I can think of to support your argument would be things which are immoral or illegal. But that is not what has happended has it? :cool:

Immorality is running rampant with the "I'm not accountable because no one can do any thing" attitude that a X-Server LFG brings with it.

Immorality is running rampant with the "I'm not accountable because no one can do any thing" attitude that a X-Server LFG brings with it.

I'll quote the key parts of my earlier rant:

So fine, if you don't want a cross-server LFG tool, then come up with your own suggestion instead of just saying "I don't want anything WoW had!" Because whether you want to admit it or not - there is a problem. It is very hard for some people to find groups for flashpoints, whether you're at level 20 or level 50. Server population is a big part of it - but if you think Bioware is really going to merge servers anytime in the near future, then you may be dissapointed.

So for those of you who are against cross-server LFG, tell me what's your solution? Do you have a better idea than spamming the chat channel in Fleet? Do you think the existing LFG tool works fine, or just needs some tweaks? "

So, what's your suggestion? Or do you think the problem is all in our heads?

I understand how wonderful things are working for you and I'm happy for you. I can give examples of how people try to take advantage was in one group on a heroic and one person was greeding everything. So what we have now is poor at best.

There is tons of accountability in X-LFD, I'd say more so then without it. Here's what happens, if you behave poorly and disrupt the group I would remove said person. I never kicked people for stupid reasons or over simple disputes and I saved my kick votes for those who were a real hassle. The problem without a X-LFD is I get stuck with jerks in runs and I can't remove them cause it'll take too long to find a replacemement.

SWTOR is SWTOR, don't make it a clone of a game that people have left to come here, or just go play that other game that has the features you claim are Needed, Fundamental, and Necessary.

SWTOR is SWTOR, but Bioware is being foolish if they don't take a critical and serious look at features from other games, see what has worked and hasn't worked, and make decisions about whether or not features from ADAPTED from another game and MODIFIED to fit SWTOR.

And again, nobody is seriously saying Bioware should just copy and clone Blizzard's functionality and import it into SWTOR. That doesn't mean they can't take features that do work, make adjustments for what doesn't work, and come up with a SWTOR version. They've already done that for about 75% of what's in SWTOR already.

I never said it was perfect, and I was using that because you and so many others are basing your worries and fears on some bad experiences from that game.

You were using those excuses before I brought in that information, so False statement.

Amongst all your doomsaying and crying, a lot of us have been trying to come up with some ways that we could take the Cross Server LFD model used by many games and improve upon it.

Like the new developments Blizzard is implementing in hopes of fixing the problem child they created? I don't see that happening with the Poke'mon and Pandarian being added.

Instead of helping, you've just been crying about that time someone was mean to you in another game. Not very constructive or helpful to anyone really.

What's to help? I don't want any such X-Server LFG, or any such stuff like it. I believe that the Devs should follow their plans for what they had laid out.

People in X-Server were not the only ones devolved from the system. You had plenty of ninjas, EPEEN, and rude obnoxious vile people in LFG, but also, as I stated, just go into Orgrimar or Stormwind and ask for a group. Right, they tell you where to go because they have their one button wonder tool.

As I keep suggesting, perhaps you should grow up, get over that time you lost out on loot and help to improve this game by coming up with positive ideas, not negative rants.

Grow up? ROFL. A child says that wracked by a stunted emotional growth. An attack to try and prove a better mentality, but fails often.

I am helping to improve this game by fighting against a X-Server LFG Tool that I feel ruins it. If you want all that, go there. If you need all that and they supply it and all you want, why are you here? Is it the "Community" that you and others helped to foster into what a horrid example it has become? Is it because you wanted something new and different? If so why are you trying to make this into something that it isn't? And why are you trying to make it into something worse? Are you the doomsayer that has been wrong so far and wants to rush it along? Do you really think copying something that worked, yes worked, but with way too many drawbacks to make it a truly good tool, or they would not be changing the mechanics of it having seen the down side (Blizz Devs), is the only solution? I differ on that belief, and feel that this is the way to help better the game.

There is tons of accountability in X-LFD, I'd say more so then without it. Here's what happens, if you behave poorly and disrupt the group I would remove said person. I never kicked people for stupid reasons or over simple disputes and I saved my kick votes for those who were a real hassle. The problem without a X-LFD is I get stuck with jerks in runs and I can't remove them cause it'll take too long to find a replacemement.

Well, to be fair - there's nothing that says a solid 'vote to kick' system can ONLY be implemented in X-LFD. You could have that in a 'single-server only' LFD.

Simple Hard Mode instances should not be Cross server

Leveling instances no problem if they are cross server if and only if servers are merged, AND the first 15 Minutes in Queue it looks for same server then after it goes cross server.

Thanks! It's nice to see someone offer a suggestion :-)

actually wow had a single server LFG that auto grouped for a most of TBC and part of LK, but it didn't teleport you, it sucked many groups never got to the dungeon before someone left

No it did not Ryathal. It had a Cross Server LFD tool that was it. Before the Cross Server it was a LFG tool that flagged you and you had to create a group off that.

No it did not Ryathal. It had a Cross Server LFD tool that was it. Before the Cross Server it was a LFG tool that flagged you and you had to create a group off that.

Which was still much better than the LFG tool SWTOR has now :-).

Thanks! It's nice to see someone offer a suggestion :-)

I think there needs to be some LFG tool, I really don't mind if its cross server for Leveling reasons only. End Game should not be Cross server. Its up to players to be in guilds, or have friends and not queue solo, time after time. a Server only LFD tool will promote most people queuing as a group and making friends, a cross server promotes solo play and bad behavior.

The Server only LFD will also only work with server mergers, which has to be done. There have been successful games that have done something like this. Its not hard to do and is not going to be bad for the community. When you have a handful of servers at heavy or very heavy population during peak hours finding a group becomes fairly easy.

Which was still much better than the LFG tool SWTOR has now :-).

I agree there needs to be some work on the LFG tool. However they should really work on the Looking for Guild tool faster. My guild right now averages 16 people on each night sometimes as high as 25. If this was seen by people looking for guilds that are sitting in guilds were they are one of 2 or 3 or even 4 people online they can easily find a guild like mine that suits them. This way they do not need to go through all the spam of guilds. They can search should get peak time play, average members online nightly, how far they are raid wise, Rated PVP when that comes. This puts the power in players hands to go find a good guild over forum trolling and reading spam.

"WE ARE THE BEST GUILD ON THE SERVER" "JOIN US NOW!" (Wait but you have 2 people on, have 10 people in the guild total, no raiding, and you talk.) Well some people like that however most people have problems telling when someone like this person spamming is just putting the wool over peoples eyes.

I will probably stop playing if I cant do flashpoints. I have done nothing but level alts and play pvp for the last 4 weeks. I simply havent had enough guildmates logging on to do anything. I have a job and school, and I really want to be able to play this game from 6pm-10pm, but I cannot do anything in that timeframe without a lfg tool. I love this game, I love it to pieces, but this is a bit of a downer for me.

Well..I will have to re-read that. So you may be right.

Please donot tell me what to play and when. I can enjoy WoW and TOR at the same time. Which I do. I do however want TOR to succeed for the long run. Not just for thier sake, but for me to enjoy it also for years to come. Pointing out what they need to add is not a bad thing and if it happens to be something WoW or any other game does better....then so be it. I firmly beleave TOR will need a cross server tool eventually. Server side only may work out fine for the one you are on, but there will be many cases where it will not on low pop servers. :)

I think there needs to be some LFG tool, I really don't mind if its cross server for Leveling reasons only. End Game should not be Cross server. Its up to players to be in guilds, or have friends and not queue solo, time after time. a Server only LFD tool will promote most people queuing as a group and making friends, a cross server promotes solo play and bad behavior.

The Server only LFD will also only work with server mergers, which has to be done. There have been successful games that have done something like this. Its not hard to do and is not going to be bad for the community. When you have a handful of servers at heavy or very heavy population during peak hours finding a group becomes fairly easy.

End Game content is one very important reason TOR needs one. There are many players who cannot devote the time to play when a guild wants to play or wants to use outside tools like Vent to do them. A cross server tool lets those experence the end game content at a time which is best for them. You allways have nightmare, heroic, hardmodes for end game content for those who want to be hardcore.

Edited by Valkirus

I will probably stop playing if I cant do flashpoints. I have done nothing but level alts and play pvp for the last 4 weeks. I simply havent had enough guildmates logging on to do anything. I have a job and school, and I really want to be able to play this game from 6pm-10pm, but I cannot do anything in that timeframe without a lfg tool. I love this game, I love it to pieces, but this is a bit of a downer for me.

You are a prime example of how many have jobs and families and donot have the time to spend hours in Fleet trying to get a grp for a Flashpoint. And it sounds like you are on a low pop server, joining a guild, ( which you allready have ) is not a solution. Hang in there and lets hope BioWare hears the voices of those like you. :)

Edited by Valkirus

It's just mind-boggling that anyone would be against a tool like this. Nothing is stopping people from bringing their friends or Guildmates. If you que in alone you run the same risk running into losers as you do with finding a group of strangers in Fleet. The reason people have more bad experiences with LFG is simply because your completing more runs with more people. The more people you run into the more chance you have of meeting an A-hole. But I'll take that instead of sllloooooowwwwwllyyy finding a group and completing a run here. You just have to have thick skin. Roll your eyes and move on.

I never understood the argument of how a LFG tool can destroy a community. Especially since I have yet to see any real community interaction in-game. Just today I walked into a cantina that was full of players but instead of talking to each other, they were conversing with their companions then running right back out again. Try to strike up a conversation and almost no one responds unless it is a quick witty comment.

Bringing in a useful LFG tool, even x-server one, will not damage anything. This game could use more community substance though, that is for sure. I'm definitely not asking for anything like the "Goldshire Table-Top Dancers", but at least that has more community than what I have seen so far.