4 months since launch

Tyraelium

Still can't drop quests from my quest log. Multiple toons, multiple quests, multiple zones.

How difficult can this be?

What is something that you feel should've been addressed and/or fixed by now?

Edited by Tyraelium

I don't understand why this is such a big issue. If you want the quest out of your log, finish it.

I had a couple quests in my log that I couldn't abandon. So I completed them. It took all of a few minutes each. I didn't take the follow-on quests. Issue resolved.

I certainly resolved the issue myself in less time than you seem to spend angsting over it.

I don't understand why this is such a big issue. If you want the quest out of your log, finish it.

I had a couple quests in my log that I couldn't abandon. So I completed them. It took all of a few minutes each. I didn't take the follow-on quests. Issue resolved.

I certainly resolved the issue myself in less time than you seem to spend angsting over it.

Because the objectives of said quests are behind portals which are now RED. The only way to finish them would be to sit in the zone, wait for a lowbie to come along who is on the same progress and gracious enough to wait and let me in.

Besides the point, this is a BASIC function that should work. Or are we just so accustomed to putting up with crap that we think everything is 'fine'?

Because the objectives of said quests are behind portals which are now RED. The only way to finish them would be to sit in the zone, wait for a lowbie to come along who is on the same progress and gracious enough to wait and let me in.

Besides the point, this is a BASIC function that should work. Or are we just so accustomed to putting up with crap that we think everything is 'fine'?

Ah. Now I see the problem.

Bugs are bugs and should be fixed, sure. There are plenty of things this game needs.

I have this same problem, I also have a quest that has no information on what it even is that I cannot get rid of. I think it is "Recruitment Initiative" there is no information even telling me what to do to complete this and I cannot abandon it.

Still can't drop quests from my quest log. Multiple toons, multiple quests, multiple zones.

4 months after launch would be in april; how are you posting this from at least 25 days in the future?

I have this same problem, I also have a quest that has no information on what it even is that I cannot get rid of. I think it is "Recruitment Initiative" there is no information even telling me what to do to complete this and I cannot abandon it.

Hm, all I can get from torhead is that it takes place on the Republic Fleet, and that one commenter needed to reset it.

4 months after launch would be in april; how are you posting this from at least 25 days in the future?

im sure this threads gonna get locked anyway

it'll turn into a whinefest of "WHY DOES THIS GAME NOT HAVE LOOKING FOR GROUP WAAAAAH"then the next person will be like "LULZ BIOWARE DONT IMPLEMENT LOOKING FOR GROUP IT WILL KILL THE COMMUNITY IM UNSUBBING".oh and throw in the classic "TORTANIC GAMES DIEIN LOLOLOL GUILD WARS 2 AND TERA ARE GONNA CRUSH THIS GAME"comments

Hm, all I can get from torhead is that it takes place on the Republic Fleet, and that one commenter needed to reset it.

Yeah, I have tried looking it up, reseting it, nothing works. You can pick it up at the PvP terminal at lvl 50 and even though I have it I can pick it up again. Maybe this is a bug that is only happening to me.

has anyone been given an official response about this yet?

The only ones I can't abandon are missions that I've already started. Like deploy this signal beacon in X different spots. Or missions in the middle of the actual planet story quests. Not the side quests, or class quests, but the actual planet chain quest. Like I can't abandon the quest that tells me to go talk to X person, after I have killed X amount of people in Alderaan.

I'm guessing that this is in place to prevent farming in some sort of way. Whether it's items, credits, Dark or Light Side points.

But I dunno, that's why I asked if there was an official response about this issue.

Woot thanks, thats how im getting the one in my log cleared for my one kill needed! I won't be skipping bonus objectives again till the patch, as it's not the end of the world, but yay, workaround!

Yep, that one ticks me off too. Along with broken resource nodes, and preferences reverting back. I've have the problem of quest behind red door on one of my chars too. SWTOR is the first MMO where are always think twice before getting a new quest. I think about whether I really want to risk picking up a new quest and having to finish it if I can't remove it, and it's a long chain quest. So if I am 1-2 levels beyond the planet or close to it, I simply avoid all new quests because of this stupid bug that should have been fixed long ago.

Edited by Qoojo

To abandon the 'kill/gather x amount' quests, you need to reset them. Same with bonus quests, reset, abandon, profit.

I will try this tonight to see if this works for me.

I have only had this issue on my Trooper (Quests behind "red doors" that kill x of y).