Bountry Hunter and Mercs super OP VS Maurader

RapidFireReaper

Everytime in pvp games i come across a bounty hunter they destroy me. cant hit they just push me away. Cant run either just drag you back with their hook thing. Cant attack them they just shoot from a distance. This is so un balanced it makes PVP completely frustrating and not any fun to play. I mean damn I get 500 hp worth of damage by the time hes dropped me to half health this needs to be fixed. Edited by RapidFireReaper

First off dont blow force leap to get to them walk there .. then interupt their casts and theyre marauder/sentinel food if you get the knockback just forceleap back on them..

Im a sentinel and none of the namned classes/specs pose any problems at all to me.... lrn to interupt its your most powerfull tool against them

Edited by ZOiDVOiD

uuuh maybe early game i guess late game you get 4 interrupts and the traca boys/grav spammers cant even get a move off against you

if there pyro tech or the trooper= you just need to be selective in moves and like the guy above me said stop usen force jump to intiate

they can't push you away AND pull you. one is the commando/merc the other is the vanguard/powertech!

first step to win a fight in pvp is to know the class you are fighting against.

no wonder you are losing if your tactic does not take into account what type of enemy you actually face.

but here again an example for the issue of these forums: complaining before even taking the slightest effort of learning to play!

this game is to complicated for you. try tic tac tow.

Everytime in pvp games i come across a bounty hunter they destroy me. cant hit they just push me away. Cant run either just drag you back with their hook thing. Cant attack them they just shoot from a distance. This is so un balanced it makes PVP completely frustrating and not any fun to play. I mean damn I get 500 hp worth of damage by the time hes dropped me to half health this needs to be fixed.

L2P issue. Stop coming on the forums asking for things to be nerfed when you are need to learn more.

You are either bad because your level 20 and complaining like you arent missing 50% of your skills.

OR

You are level 50 and are bad because you cant beat a merc with the most OP class in the game that has 4 interupts fighting a class that gets murdered by anyone that can interupt.

OR

You dont know what class you are fighting.

Edited by da_krall

I don't usually say this, but I think the problem lies between your keyboard and your chair.

*Any* kind of bounty hunter vs. a correctly played watchman specced sentinel is a free kill 1 on 1 (barring an extreme gear difference). It's not even close.

Had you made your post about snipers, I might have agreed, as they are our hard-counter, but not bounty hunters.

Everytime in pvp games i come across a bounty hunter they destroy me. cant hit they just push me away. Cant run either just drag you back with their hook thing. Cant attack them they just shoot from a distance. This is so un balanced it makes PVP completely frustrating and not any fun to play. I mean damn I get 500 hp worth of damage by the time hes dropped me to half health this needs to be fixed.

Mercs aren't overpowered in the slightest against Marauders. I usually destroy them using very few cooldowns, if any at all. Marauder/Sentinels are a fast paced class with a relatively hard resource mechanic. If you are a new player (which it seems you are) the class is going to take time to master, stick with it and you will eventually destroy them.

Some tips:

Starting

1) If you don't have to use Force Leap/Camo to get in to melee range of them don't.

2) As soon as you get in to melee range get your snare on them (the movement speed debuff). Check the duration of it occasionally on the target frame, you don't want it wearing off.

3) If they are getting healed put your healing debuff up next GCD. Keep it up like the snare.

4) Most opponents will knock you back at this point (if not before point 3). Charge back if it's up. Force camo back if it's not.

In combat

1) They are going to spam Tracer Missile (or Gravity Bolt for Troopers) which is a ~1.5 second cast, it does heavy damage but you can stop them doing it. Use "Disruption" off cooldown. This will stop them using it for 4 seconds and it has a 6 second cooldown if specced properly. Other stuff that is useful to stop them doing this: Force Charge (interrupts it), Force Choke & Intimidating Roar. This is the key to winning the fight.

2) It's important in PvP combat to watch your own health and manage your defensive cooldowns as well. As Marauders we have a lot of cooldowns. Always use Cloak of Pain at the start. Pop Saber Ward, Undying Rage, Expertise adrenals and healing stims if necessary.

3) Make sure you watch their health as well so you can get Vicious Throw off at 20%.

Most Merc are a cake walk for Marauders. My favourite is interrupting their Tracer Missile and watching as they sit there for 4 seconds wondering what has happened to their lolspam button. Then doing it again when it starts working again...

On huttball all merc's and bounty hunters do is camp on top between the fire pits and anytime a marauder or sentinel touch's the ball they start shooting yes you can break out but only ONCE EVERY TWO MINUTES. By the time you get turned around to see the bounty hunter on top shooting down your at half health with no way to defend yourself at a distance like that. Thats just dumb bad design.

On huttball all merc's and bounty hunters do is camp on top between the fire pits

of course! what else should a pure ranged class do?

and anytime a marauder or sentinel touch's the ball they start shooting

NO, REALLY? OMG! how they dare!?!

guess what? any class if on its own alone would get ripped apart if focused several commandos sitting at an edge awaiting you...

yes you can break out but only ONCE EVERY TWO MINUTES. By the time you get turned around to see the bounty hunter on top shooting down your at half health with no way to defend yourself at a distance like that. Thats just dumb bad design.

no it is dumb from you to try taking the ball as a sentinel/marauder without any support, knowing there are some commandos awaiting you :rolleyes:

you seem to blame everything and everybody to not allow you playing bad and still have success.

On huttball all merc's and bounty hunters do is camp on top between the fire pits and anytime a marauder or sentinel touch's the ball they start shooting yes you can break out but only ONCE EVERY TWO MINUTES. By the time you get turned around to see the bounty hunter on top shooting down your at half health with no way to defend yourself at a distance like that. Thats just dumb bad design.

Pre-emptively pop your cooldowns if you think you are going to get zerged. Nearly every match at the start I jump through the acid pit to pick up the ball. Because I pop my cooldowns and adrenals before-hand I nearly always have a good 5-10 seconds with most of their team on me to pass it off to someone in a nice position.

More to the point, if the Troopers are being allowed to stand up there unchecked and you are not receiving any peels/heals then they should win. One person should not be able to survive multiple zerging on him without good team play.

of course! what else should a pure ranged class do?

NO, REALLY? OMG! how they dare!?!

guess what? any class if on its own alone would get ripped apart if focused several commandos sitting at an edge awaiting you...

no it is dumb from you to try taking the ball as a sentinel/marauder without any support, knowing there are some commandos awaiting you :rolleyes:

you seem to blame everything and everybody to not allow you playing bad and still have success.

you an i both know you cannot count on your teammates to be there for you they wont even pass the ball half of the time. And as i said if hes on top between the firepits just camping it up i cant go up there in time can i? no. hell have shot me 2 death by the time i get there. so thus no way to defend attacks at that range.

you an i both know you cannot count on your teammates to be there for you they wont even pass the ball half of the time. And as i said if hes on top between the firepits just camping it up i cant go up there in time can i? no. hell have shot me 2 death by the time i get there. so thus no way to defend attacks at that range.

Speaking as a merc you play badly if you are letting me pound you at range and NOT using LOS you deserve to be another stat in my line.

Speaking as a marauder you play badly. There isn't a merc that can stand against me when I am up close because he will NOT get a TR/GM off. He has 2 knockbacks I have a leap to get back to him and more CC and defensive CDs than he can handle.

Speaking as a marauder you play badly. There isn't a merc that can stand against me when I am up close because he will NOT get a TR/GM off. He has 2 knockbacks I have a leap to get back to him and more CC and defensive CDs than he can handle.

*sigh* for 3rd time NOT WHEN HES ON TOP OF THE BLACONY HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HIT HIM WITH ALIGHTSABER WHEN HE IS A FLOOR OR TWO ABOVE ME?

Answer: Die every time

1. in this case don't get the ball yourself! better support the one that gets it.

2. you won't have this situation the entire huttball, or? i didn't. go, kill them first before you go for the huttbal waiting in the middle.

3. if your teamates are stupid you can do more by suporting a ball carrier than being the carrier and waiting for support that never comes, especially AS SENTINEL MARAUDER!

use your class for what its best for. this is how you can contribute even in a pug!

*sigh* for 3rd time NOT WHEN HES ON TOP OF THE BLACONY HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HIT HIM WITH ALIGHTSABER WHEN HE IS A FLOOR OR TWO ABOVE ME?

Answer: Die every time

jump? eventually first LOS him and then jump to him?

i have no issues wiht my sentinel to get to anybody, no matter where he is. oh and NO, most times he won't be able to knock me back down. you want to know how i prevent this?

no, i won't tell you this. it is so simple and so sad that most don't even think about it. but i'll let you discover it yourself. it won't help you much telling you or anybody else abuot this anyway because if you fail discovering such things on your own we will see a new thread like this from you again anyway.

Edited by me_unknown

1. in this case don't get the ball yourself! better support the one that gets it.

2. you won't have this situation the entire huttball, or? i didn't. go, kill them first before you go for the huttbal waiting in the middle.

3. if your teamates are stupid you can do more by suporting a ball carrier than being the carrier and waiting for support that never comes, especially AS SENTINEL MARAUDER!

use your class for what its best for. this is how you can contribute even in a pug!

thats a much better idea just stop getting the ball entirley! I shall be the support i have so longed for!

:(:confused: maybe i do just suck...really really really badly. so badly i dont even relize it...sigh*

i appolgies. i very appreciate that you consider this being possible if it is honest. in that case let me tell you: this is the moment you stopped sucking!

mark this in your calendar!

now think about what your class can do good, better and what not and concentrate mainly on these things, always keeping in mind the games objectives.

you play a marauder/sentinel: you eat any other class ni 1on1 and you can do it pretty fast and you can jump to everywhere. you can also slow others, stunn them even if you have to stand still yourself, it can save the ball carrier and help him escape towards the goal line!

ignore the stats at the end. don't pay attention to yuor kill ratio nor your damage ratio. with time you will be high on the stats anyway and if not... who cares!

run along with the balll carrier or run ahead to get a pass or clear out the zone for him/distract defenders. if you get into fight with someone no need to fight till the end, continue to follow your ball carrier. you can jump to another opponent near your carrier to escape your current fight and conitune to support him!

and never stick with a bunch of other teammates to finish a single enemy. its waste of time!

edit: and don't forget: your jump also stops an opponent for a few seconds!

Edited by me_unknown

Well, if you do not play any better than you type I think I see the problem...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.