Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Too many stuns in this game (pvp)?

RabidPopcorn

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title says it all. If we removed some stuns we wouldn't need this silly resolve thing.

Completely backwards. There actually aren't that many stuns/CCs in this game compared to other MMOs. It's pretty average. Resolve just fails so you notice them so much more. With a traditional DR system you'd be immune to them most of the time.

Completely backwards. There actually aren't that many stuns/CCs in this game compared to other MMOs. It's pretty average. Resolve just fails so you notice them so much more. With a traditional DR system you'd be immune to them most of the time.

Perhaps. it's just that i can't get into a fight without being stunned for half of it... doesn't this annoy you guys?

As a Jedi Knight I tend to start with my leap, which stuns for a second, then I do a quick sunder for 2 stacks, leading into Force Stasis, damaging and holding the enemy stunned for a few seconds, then after another sunder stack (now to 4) I use Force Push, Blade Storm, and then leap again after the push knockdown has expired, and repeat.

In this way, I can not only stun lock someone, but move them in any direction I want.

I love my Jedi Knight so much in PvP, however there is always a Sith who has the same idea :(

Too many knockbacks in this game... too many healers... too many shields...

It's pretty well 'matched' actually. Everyone has something to complain about. :D

I play a commando and I'll gladly give up one of my knockbacks and cryo-grenade if they removed some stuns and resolve.

Title says it all. If we removed some stuns we wouldn't need this silly resolve thing.

im not sure why then actually need a stun. Really all you need is a snare and a speed buff minor like the jedi speed boost to actually get away from any class.

Stun is a lazy system. NO one is happy to be stunned so why have this broken system? its like ok lets pvp.

PVP refers to player vs player so if your stunned then there is no player vs player. its non stunned vs stunned. not very fun. just saying.

Perhaps. it's just that i can't get into a fight without being stunned for half of it... doesn't this annoy you guys?

Sure. But most classes would be on there way to gimp if you started cutting stuff. Again, it's not the number of CCs, it's resolve.

Try playing as a Sentinel... then you really will hate stuns/knockbacks. Oh and you will love the one that is both!! A knockback and when you land you are also stunned/rooted!!

Huttball someone can just hide on a ledge behind cover and shoot you at will... no way to get them since you can't leap. Or, if you can leap you just get 'knock back' back off the ledge...

Resolve it so pointless there is no point having it in the game. When it is full you are already dead and it just goes off when your back at respawn... so when you go back to fight it just fills up, you die resolves goes away at spawn and the cycle goes on.

You see range classes shoot you through walls and shoot 180 degrees behind them too... that's pretty damn annoying as melee there is no escape and to hit them back you have to be right next to them faceing straight at them...

Anyways... lol. I think you can get stunned too many times, but I don't think classes have too many stuns individually, if you get what I mean.

im not sure why then actually need a stun. Really all you need is a snare and a speed buff minor like the jedi speed boost to actually get away from any class.

Stun is a lazy system. NO one is happy to be stunned so why have this broken system? its like ok lets pvp.

PVP refers to player vs player so if your stunned then there is no player vs player. its non stunned vs stunned. not very fun. just saying.

Are you serious? This has to be a troll.

I play a commando and I'll gladly give up one of my knockbacks and cryo-grenade if they removed some stuns and resolve.

With resolve you have to pay attention very carefully, if the bar is filled almost full then certain cc stuns WILL NOT work and in such a situation you need to wait till it goes down.

If it is already full the person you are targeting is completely immune untill the white filled resolve bar is empty(its grey if its not filled completely yet).

This is especially important when you'd say want to force push someone and then saber throw andleap right after, if you mess it up, you'd miss out on it. (focus generated)

Another problem is that all the cc of every player on a specific target adds up, so you need to take extra care as to not waste a cc/knockback /stun and then end up getting someone in your face and getting killed. Resolve definitely could work better, but I feel alot of players don't even know how it works and just spam there cc/knockback even though you can cleary see the resolve bars of everyone.

Try playing as a Sentinel... then you really will hate stuns/knockbacks. Oh and you will love the one that is both!! A knockback and when you land you are also stunned/rooted!!

Huttball someone can just hide on a ledge behind cover and shoot you at will... no way to get them since you can't leap. Or, if you can leap you just get 'knock back' back off the ledge...

Resolve it so pointless there is no point having it in the game. When it is full you are already dead and it just goes off when your back at respawn... so when you go back to fight it just fills up, you die resolves goes away at spawn and the cycle goes on.

You see range classes shoot you through walls and shoot 180 degrees behind them too... that's pretty damn annoying as melee there is no escape and to hit them back you have to be right next to them faceing straight at them...

Anyways... lol. I think you can get stunned too many times, but I don't think classes have too many stuns individually, if you get what I mean.

The point about resolve only filling up when you're dead or near dead is so true based on my experience. It makes resolve so useless.

I'm just not used to how stuns are used so indiscriminately in SWTOR - no one bothers timing it or anything, it's just stun whenever it's not on cooldown; and if I'm not mistaken, EVERY class has some form of stun in this game, which just makes it that much more likely you'll be faced with a stunlock situation.

With resolve you have to pay attention very carefully, if the bar is filled almost full then certain cc stuns WILL NOT work and in such a situation you need to wait till it goes down.

If it is already full the person you are targeting is completely immune untill the white filled resolve bar is empty(its grey if its not filled completely yet).

This is especially important when you'd say want to force push someone and then saber throw andleap right after, if you mess it up, you'd miss out on it. (focus generated)

Another problem is that all the cc of every player on a specific target adds up, so you need to take extra care as to not waste a cc/knockback /stun and then end up getting someone in your face and getting killed. Resolve definitely could work better, but I feel alot of players don't even know how it works and just spam there cc/knockback even though you can cleary see the resolve bars of everyone.

The point about how players aren't paying attention to resolve, and the point on how players aren't timing their stuns is very relevant to a certain warzone - Huttball. It's so common for players in Huttball to stun the 'ball-handler' so many times such that by the time the 'ball-handler' is on his way to score his resolve bar is already filled up (and I hate how I can't even knockback - not stun - a player on full-resolve); it just reflects on how resolve isn't working because players aren't ever going to pay attention.

Edited by RabidPopcorn

The point about resolve only filling up when you're dead or near dead is so true based on my experience. It makes resolve so useless.

I'm just not used to how stuns are used so indiscriminately in SWTOR - no one bothers timing it or anything, it's just stun whenever it's not on cooldown; and if I'm not mistaken, EVERY class has some form of stun in this game, which just makes it that much more likely you'll be faced with a stunlock situation.

This is exactly the problem... I felt like I was the only one to notice this lol.

Have you ever tried playing a Sentinel? I suggest you try it then you will really see how bad stun/knockback is.

Are you serious? This has to be a troll.

No that's exactly the reason they moved away from it in Warhammer Online.

Stuns aren't fun PvP-wise and really they are designed to give PvE some depth.

Warhammer Online has about the most fun PvP around at the moment, and a lot of this is because they have a good CC system for PvP.

This is exactly the problem... I felt like I was the only one to notice this lol.

Have you ever tried playing a Sentinel? I suggest you try it then you will really see how bad stun/knockback is.

i am playing also a sentinel (actually it was my first char) and i totally disagree with you.

Without stuns it becomes a simple race between DPS and healing/protection.

Nope, you can have mezzes, that is "stuns" that break on any damage.

This retains tactical play within PvP, but removes the frankly daft "stunned to death" issue from the game.

Having said that you need short durations and a good diminishing returns/immunity system on top of that.

Nope, you can have mezzes, that is "stuns" that break on any damage.

mezzes alone will still make a nealry pure dps race. you need both to have some complexity. beside of this mezzes only would mean that you need to remove all kind of dots or do you want to make dots not breaking mezzes?

system is very fine as it is.

What dps race? All I'm experiencing is stun...stun... pewpew... stun... death.

Amen,

Why must all stuns be 4 seconds?

Why is Resolve so bad?

Why don't roots affect Resolve?

Why must everyone and their mothers have instant, AoE knockbacks?

Why is so much CC AoE (Flashbang, Awe).

Why is most CC instant and almost unavoidable?

Even addressing two of those points would make PvP A LOT more enjoyable.

Amen,

Why must all stuns be 4 seconds?

Why is Resolve so bad?

Why don't roots affect Resolve?

Why must everyone and their mothers have instant, AoE knockbacks?

Why is so much CC AoE (Flashbang, Awe).

Why is most CC instant and almost unavoidable?

Even addressing two of those points would make PvP A LOT more enjoyable.

Yeah, with the points you mentioned there, they don't HAVE to remove stuns, but just make them harder to cast and have shorter durations. (i feel so silly whenever i get stunned and lie on the ground rolling around <-- what stun is that?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.