Will 1.2 fix the bugg where you are stuck running in place in Voidstar?

Mezira

I lured you into this thread with an awesome title, now I can complain about what's really on my mind.

1.2 removes the valor 60 requirement from Battlemater gear? So,..are we finally at a place where a major production MMO has nil benefits to PvP rank? Does War Hero require 70??? I just gotta laugh.

Bioware always talks about 'we have so much planned for the legacy system!' Will PvP level serve ANYthing at all? Or is it scrapped just like bioware's RvR zone?

Edited by Mezira

Hmm no responses...

I know a lot of pvpers have already left, hell I unsubbed for a few weeks. But in addition to all the nerfs and changes to pvp gear,..I gotta wonder if they know we are all leaving for gw2 and are just carebearing this game down for nubs. That's fine, but I just want to say it really shows. I had fun while it lasted, oh well. Good try BW.

and rated warzones will serve the keep the

small amount of premade guilds left happy with

actual competition, and draw them out

of the general warzone population creating

a decent pvp

experience for cearbears.

I can go all on all day.

It ends once I get trolled or something. Someone reply.

Edited by Mezira

I really don't know, but I've got to say that the PvP in SWTOR is already carebear as it gets, so I'm not sure what you expect. It's fun, it's entertaining, but there is nothing even remotely hardcore about SWTOR's PvP. There is a good chance that Battlemaster means you either ground out Warzones mostly against your own faction or kill traded/exploited on Ilum. Removing Valor restrictions means almost nothing.

No. I played Warhammer for 2+ years. I guess I've grown to appreciate watching dev teams scratch their head when it comes to this stuff. You guys are right, I need to just let it go. Thanks. Edited by Mezira

Maybe some point down the line, when they get the class balances where they want them and sort out the PvP systems a little better, they might add some PvP hardmodes, meaningful rankings and make losses more punishing for hardcore PvPers. Who knows? If there is money in it it could happen.

Since launch there is no risk in PvP. No repairs, no penalty and no loss of territory or RVR. The PvP is basically a fun mini-game with 3 maps where you get rewarded even for losing. It's easier than the PvE content and it's popular.

Edited by MorgonKara

Maybe some point down the line, when they get the class balances where they want them and sort out the PvP systems a little better, they might add some PvP hardmodes, meaningful rankings and make losses more punishing for hardcore PvPers. Who knows? If there is money in it it could happen.

Since launch there is no risk in PvP. No repairs, no penalty and no loss of territory or RVR. The PvP is basically a fun mini-game with 3 maps where you get rewarded even for losing. It's easier than the PvE content.

qft.

Even PvP servers have been fat-free. You go out and actually find a fight, and the guy takes a warzone pop, runs into his story area, dies and rezzes in the same spot, or kites you behind a pillar and casts a 0.5 second speeder mount.

And Ilum, nuff said.

I actually like the Warzones a lot but I'm not really hardcore or anything. I had hoped they would have had more RvR systems, because the game is set up for it with 2 factions and territories on each of the planets. The thing is that the main goal of the game is the story progression, so any contested territory would have to be outside the story hubs (or they would have to get rid of the champion guards). It's just not built for open world PvP/RvR.

I think the best that you can hope for is a decent ranking system with Warzones and some new maps.

Edited by MorgonKara

This is exactly correct. I knew there wouldn't be much at launch but was hoping for plans to involve the planets in a pvp story. Let me try to fight for Belsavis and hold a point once a day. At the end of the day, which ever faction controls the most planets gets a bonus?

I mean there's still a ton they can do, but they couldn't even fix ilum, so i am truly letting go tonight. This thread was my last death throe.

edit: Can you imagine that????? You get a holocall like, 'imps are moving on Tatooine, head there and try to stop them from taking some base (located in contested area). And your holocall is based on your rated warzone rank or something. And simultaneously 3 planets are all available for capture and remain caputed for 24 hours. So you and your realm have to decide what planet to zerg or split up and fight on. there could be like 2 hour breaks, and base the assault time on the server prime time. Aion had similar 'timed' raids but it would at least be Star WARS.

Edited by Mezira

wow i just got a warning for a post I made in january. Obviously someone is reading this thread and my posts. Well that's cool. Try reading the last one I made and flagging for your pvp team. kkthanks. and tell the warhammer guys Mez from Phoenix Throne says hi.

I lol'd. I just think it's funny not even valor rank 100 will let you dye your hair. there's no point to the system now. You should get +1 Presence for hitting valor 100. At least.

Is getting +10 to all stats by jumping around for an hour too OP also, because it involves time.

Edited by Mezira

Yeah that would be pretty cool. They had some stuff like that in SWG also, with static bases on some planets that could be controlled and planet-wide score that would flip the NPC spawns to your faction. Nothing too major but it was dynamic and it gave us something to compete over. You could tell which faction controlled a planet.

Yeah that would be pretty cool. They had some stuff like that in SWG also, with static bases on some planets that could be controlled and planet-wide score that would flip the NPC spawns to your faction. Nothing too major but it was dynamic and it gave us something to compete over. You could tell which faction controlled a planet.

That's pretty cool. I wish CCP would create a star wars universe off the EVE model.