The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How to increase pvp in open world

kantnerfme

Here's an idea

i was reading another post about open world pvp and someone mentioned L2.

I remembered that in L2 many players chose to pvp anywhere in the "pve areas" simple because players once they got killed they had a numerous chance of dropping their gear.

So...

I'm not implying to bring back that feature relax :p

But, A version of that would be amazing to world pvp.

I was thinking that if BW can add a drop feature on players who get killed it will increase the pvp

in the pvp servers.

So lets say i get killed... and i drop an item that is part of an objective that players need to gather and trade them with npc pvp shops.

Let me know what you think :)

That might work i believe

Suggestions are welcome

Don't kill the topic

Edited by kantnerfme

Here's an idea

i was reading another post about open world pvp and someone mentioned L2.

I remembered that in L2 many players chose to pvp anywhere in the "pve areas" simple because players once they got killed they had a numerous chance of dropping their gear.

So...

I'm not implying to bring back that feature relax :p

But, A version of that would be amazing to world pvp.

I was thinking that if BW can add a drop feature on players who get killed it will increase the pvp

in the pvp servers.

So lets say i get killed... and i drop an item that is part of an objective that players need to gather and trade them with npc pvp shops.

Let me know what you think :)

That might work i believe

Suggestions are welcome

Don't kill the topic

Many people already complain about dailys that make you go kill people, why would making them drop things change it?

Many people already complain about dailys that make you go kill people, why would making them drop things change it?

This should not be a daily feature.

the drop can be random items or materials etc.

as long you pvp you gain something extra from it.

in GW2 they said that you don't need to do dailies for pvp but instead the players will drop pvp gear.

Edited by kantnerfme

This would just encourage people to work with the opposite side and farm each other for the objectives so that everyone could have the gear. This happened before with Valor in Ilum which is one reason it had to be changed.

You're never going to make open world PvP that's going to please everyone. There's always going to be issues involved when it comes to objective based world or even RvR PvP, with the main being faction imbalances. Others won't like it cause there's no reward for them individually. Hell, you have people here complaining about premades, yet refuse to actually find a group for WZ's, so you really expect world pvp to take off with that type of community?

The main issue I think in this game is that each faction is separated yet they're on the same planet. If there was more opportunity for random PvP instead on a select few planets, I actually think some people might take it upon themselves to actually group up and go actively looking for fights instead of just doing it for a quest.

Now, I know people are going to throw RvR and other games around in this thread as well, but the thing I don't understand is that if all the previous games had fantastic PvP, then why aren't they still around? I'm not bashing them in anyway, it just seems that people want to bring up other games that had outstanding pvp yet no one bothers to really play anymore.

L2 which i thought had an amazing world pvp came to an end. the good old times where you wanted to explore maps and find rare sites isn't here anymore in modern games. Also people were looking for something new to play and didn't like anymore the old fashion grind style.

most people got tired of that. but you can keep the good things from old games and upgrade them.

you don't need to reward people to play a game and have fun.

pvp is about fun

a community knowing you and your Guild. making friends and haters

and more...

i know the good old roaming pvp isn't going to happen again simple because people have done that and are not so exited to explore maps as they did 15years ago.

But the key to create a conceptual pvp theme is on the table. BW reworks on ilum.

people state lots of ideas and it's in BW hands how to deal with it.

If someone is bored to death to play an mmo then he shouldn't be playing one.

This would just encourage people to work with the opposite side and farm each other for the objectives so that everyone could have the gear. This happened before with Valor in Ilum which is one reason it had to be changed.

yeah i heard that happens on some servers. really why do people throw money and kill a game like that?

My IDEA about how to increase pvp in open world and Wz

1. Get rid of imp FLEET and reb fleet. I suggesting makes one fleet for imp and reb or make one big city for both factions...for cyberz, duelin, entertainin, etcs. Makes this game alot more interesting.

2. Cross-Faction Communciation and mail. for example set the date for pvp and WZ. I really want get in WZ against my old buddies from SWG who are in Imp Faction.

3. Imp and Rep mainsteam in all cities.

4. Flagged=PvP and Unflagged=Unpvp. Anywhere and Anytime. For example, Click on PvP button, a min later , you get system warning that you are flagged yourself for PvP, just make sure dont flagged yourself front of npc champions. If noob flagged the pvp by accident then you can go ahead flag yourself to pvp for lol. If you feel badazz you can flagged yourself to pvp. sounds good?

Bounty Hunter moves to Neutral and add Imperial Trooper to Imp Faction. Imp trooper with black heavy armor look badazz.

bounty hunter had absolutely nothing do with imp or reb. bounty hunter is all about hunting and 1 vs 1.

5. Add Deathblow. if someone got you down , walk up closer to you then deathblow like shoot at you or stab lightsaber in you. You post bounty 10000credits on someone who deathblowed you. Let bounty hunter hunt a bounty for you or you log in your bounty hunter and take SWEET revenge on bounty yourself.. I done it all the time in SWG.

6. Add few city in Ilum and make it the ilum smaller.. Ilum is too large, long riding and boring... open world is all about Los, tactics, teamwork, and skills. Not depend on turrets, and fishing match.

Edited by Alaska

The solution to open world PvP is very simple.

Make the reward better than the reward for WZ PvP.

OR

Keep the reward the same as the reward for WZ PvP but make it easier to finish the daily/weekly.

/thread

Next up for me: world hunger.

i am 33y old. i play mmos since i was 18,

my point...

i remember where people used to pvp for the fun of it, no rewards

simple the fact that you and your Guild where dominating areas, other guilds etc.

That was all about, you grind for a gear and once you had it you were going to fight other nations, races, guilds doing sieges for controlling fortresses and more.

Now pvp it's about rewarding you with BM gear oO

if that is the conceptual pvp then i'm sry but i will try to find something else to play o/