So where is the Imperial Army?

Wolfninjajedi

We never see them in the movies at all, all we see is the elite stormtroopers which are apart of the Stormtrooper corps not within the imperial army at all. Now yes they did appear on Endor and battle of hoth(AT-ST and AT-AT drivers) but thats about it really...other then that the imperial army hasn't been in a lot of things.

Play grab-*** in some garrison somewhere I'm guessing.

Hehe funny, but actually I don't think it would have been hard to show more of them. I mean you could replace some stormtroopers with them, and then perhaps sprinkle some stormtroopers mixed in seeing as stormtroopers are suppose to be an elite core.

I understand that. What I'm saying is, to portray a full army regiment would require even MORE extras.

Not really.

Storm Troopers are supposed to just stand there silently and look menacing most times. It would be easy to just grab the janitor, grab some of the other actors, grab some bum off the street and offer him a cheeseburger. All they have to do is stand there in white armor and don't say a thing.

We never see them in the movies at all, all we see is the elite stormtroopers which are apart of the Stormtrooper corps not within the imperial army at all. Now yes they did appear on Endor and battle of hoth(AT-ST and AT-AT drivers) but thats about it really...other then that the imperial army hasn't been in a lot of things.

I was under the impression the entire imperial army were the "elite stormtroopers" that we always see. We never see any non-storm trooper soldier really in any comic or game or anything really for the era.

I was under the impression the entire imperial army were the "elite stormtroopers" that we always see. We never see any non-storm trooper soldier really in any comic or game or anything really for the era.

The stormtroopers are the elite troopers, the Stormtrooper Corps are a completely seperate branch they aren't apart of the Imperial Army. The actual army soliders are the ones we see driving the AT-STs on Endor and AT-ATs at the battle of hoth but other then those we don't see any.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_army

Numbering in the tens of trillions, the Army utilized a wide range of equipment and vehicles in support of its infantry. Army units were often reinforced by stormtroopers, although the command structure for the two organizations remained separate.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The stormtroopers are the elite troopers, the Stormtrooper Corps are a completely seperate branch they aren't apart of the Imperial Army. The actual army soliders are the ones we see driving the AT-STs on Endor and AT-ATs at the battle of hoth but other then those we don't see any.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_army

Numbering in the tens of trillions, the Army utilized a wide range of equipment and vehicles in support of its infantry. Army units were often reinforced by stormtroopers, although the command structure for the two organizations remained separate.

tens of trillions?? come on now thats just bs. Oh it came from the SW RPG. that explains it lol.

you need to stop using Wookipedia as a credible source.

tens of trillions?? come on now thats just bs. Oh it came from the SW RPG. that explains it lol.

you need to stop using Wookipedia as a credible source.

That wasn't the point, the point was is that the army is completely seperate from stormtroopers and obviously the number is BS, but im not talking about numbers. What I am talking about is, where are they?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

That wasn't the point, the point was is that the army is completely seperate from stormtroopers and obviously the number is BS, but im not talking about numbers. What I am talking about is, where are they?

Episode IV:

Tantive IV - that's what Stormtroopers are for, it fits.

Tatooine - no battleground, but a search. Elite unit more justified then some army dudes who aren't trained for Search&Destroy

Death Star - You see a lot of them, I think. Or you see none and the black clothed people are navy soldiers, but this would also fit. When it comes to stopping the intruders, they send the elite.

Episode V:

Hoth - Army is doing the main attack, Stormtroopers are storming the base as vanguard.

Space - imperial navy only

Bespin - Darth Vaders personal troops, so Stormtroopers

Episode VI:

Death Star - I'm not sure, do you see them in the scene when the Emperor arrives?

Endor - Emperor replaced the Army garrison by a Legion of his Elite. (Maybe they weren't skilled in fighting Ewoks like the Army and the Empire would have won :p )

All in all you see only one full scale ground attack in the complete OT. And it is justified to think the stormtroopers would be the first to storm the base.

Episode IV:

Tantive IV - that's what Stormtroopers are for, it fits.

Tatooine - no battleground, but a search. Elite unit more justified then some army dudes who aren't trained for Search&Destroy

Death Star - You see a lot of them, I think. Or you see none and the black clothed people are navy soldiers, but this would also fit. When it comes to stopping the intruders, they send the elite.

Episode V:

Hoth - Army is doing the main attack, Stormtroopers are storming the base as vanguard.

Space - imperial navy only

Bespin - Darth Vaders personal troops, so Stormtroopers

Episode VI:

Death Star - I'm not sure, do you see them in the scene when the Emperor arrives?

Endor - Emperor replaced the Army garrison by a Legion of his Elite. (Maybe they weren't skilled in fighting Ewoks like the Army and the Empire would have won :p )

All in all you see only one full scale ground attack in the complete OT. And it is justified to think the stormtroopers would be the first to storm the base.

Well on Endor, the guys driving the AT-STs were apart of the Army Armor. But ya of course, the Stormtroopers are like the US marines always going in first. But more to the point, im kinda talking about where else like outside of the movies where are they?

Well on Endor, the guys driving the AT-STs were apart of the Army Armor. But ya of course, the Stormtroopers are like the US marines always going in first. But more to the point, im kinda talking about where else like outside of the movies where are they?

I have to admit, I know close to nothing outside the movies in this era. (Only a few games.) I think Stormtroopers are so iconic that everyone wants to place them into their stories, even if the Army would fit better.

(Wookiepedia says they appear in Heir to the Empire.)