Commanod getting wrecked in 1.2 patch

NBYODANB

Is it just me or does it seem like the commando class is getting completely destroyed because of lousy design and poor mechanics. I mean our healing is getting a huge nerf and our assault spec is getting nerfed also. My question is why not nerf the **** out of gunnery so ppl don't use it and others don't complain about grav round and maybe boost our assault spec so other commando's are willing to try it out?

I agree with you bro.. Adding 0.5 secs for casting and less 10% damage to grav round, will really make it useless to comandoes, as it is the main skill for gunnery to set up demo round. :eek: Edited by Aeysee_

I agree with you bro.. Adding 0.5 secs for casting and less 10% damage, grav round will realy make it useless as it is the main skill for gunnery to set up demo round. :eek:

You get your 0.5sec cast back from gunnery talent that used to reduce the ammo cost. (Muzzle Fluting)

They're just switching sh*t around to make it look like changes but aren't.

Gunnery

- Charged Barrier now provides 1% damage reduction per stack. (nerf)

- Curtain of Fire: the chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly. (buff)

- Demolition Round's damage output has been increased by approximately 10%. (buff)

- Grav Round has been rebalanced. It now costs 2 Energy Cells, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

- Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Energy Cell costs. It now reduces the activation time of Charged Bolts and Grav Round by .5 seconds.

- Tenacious Defense now reduces the cooldown of Concussion Charge by 2.5 seconds per point. (nerf)

- Bonus damage dealt by Demolition Round now correctly takes the number of your Gravity Vortices on the target into account. (buff)

I really don't think you understand what I am saying at all. I really hope they just trash grav round completely. It is super op and boring. Maybe add something to assault spec that actually applies to commando's instead of vangaurds would help this problem but who knows. If a dev is looking at this post pls nuke grav/tracer missle into the ground and not nerf CM because of pvp. Nerfing CM ruins the spec and class for raids/flashpoints almost completely.

Commando's aren't getting nerfed, your just going to have to learn to play your class all over again. Our sustained damage is getting a decent hit, but Full Auto and the Curtain of Fire proc is getting buffed to proc more often and Demo Round is getting a overall 10% increase to damage done, meaning out burst is gonna hurt even more.

Is it just me or does it seem like the commando class is getting completely destroyed because of lousy design and poor mechanics. I mean our healing is getting a huge nerf and our assault spec is getting nerfed also. My question is why not nerf the **** out of gunnery so ppl don't use it and others don't complain about grav round and maybe boost our assault spec so other commando's are willing to try it out?

So your solution to commando nerfs in the other two specs is to nerf our main PVE spec? Can I just say, screw you and the horse you rode in on?

Also how as assault taken a big hit? Only huge nerfs I'm aware of to commandos are combat medics and nerfing Gunnery has nothing to do with that. Honestly the only real change they need to make is to not have everything tied to grav round, or at the least make charged barrel not get consumed with HiB so I'm not still so tied to grav round during my main rotation.

Either way GFY if your solution is actually more nerfs.

Commando's aren't getting nerfed, your just going to have to learn to play your class all over again. Our sustained damage is getting a decent hit, but Full Auto and the Curtain of Fire proc is getting buffed to proc more often and Demo Round is getting a overall 10% increase to damage done, meaning out burst is gonna hurt even more.

Not sure if you are serious. Have you read the patchnotes? The rotation remains the same as it already is, just with maybe one or two more full autos squeezed in over a minute or so. Overall comparable result of changes over all specs is that:

- We do less damage

- We take more damage

- We heal for less

- We run out of ammo faster

Edited by Niconogood

- Bonus damage dealt by Demolition Round now correctly takes the number of your Gravity Vortices on the target into account. (buff)

just clarifying this change, it's not a buff. it's not really a nerf either, but rather a bug fix

as it works currently on live, the bonus damage on demo round takes into account ALL of the gravity vortexes on a target. the more gunnery commandos you have building gravity vortexes on a target, the bigger all of their demo rounds go boom.

in 1.2, it will be fixed to take into account your own gravity vortexes only

I really don't think you understand what I am saying at all. I really hope they just trash grav round completely. It is super op and boring.

Grav round is hardly op, its easily locked down. Every class has a primary attack, grav just happens to be the one for gunnery commandos, it is boring but thats because you have to just sit there and shoot. If assault got some sort of insta attack that would make it a lot more usable I think, some hybrid of grav round and the vanguards pulse attacks, just weaker than grav and stronger than pulse.

Assault spec is taking a small hit but a hit none the less. Our charged bolts deal less damage because of gunnery spec and we can't get hib to proc unless we have the cells effect active on the target making it less likely to happen. As it stands now our cell has a 16% chance to proc. Grav round is not the only spec for pve. It may be better end game for pve but the spec is getting changed because of pvp so why not boost assault spec our pvp spec and maybe more ppl will use it. Less gunnery in pvp = less complaining about grav round and maybe no more nerfs.

So true. And thanks god all Commandos are Gunners.

Honestly. Do you even think before posting?

Edited by Aritok

I don't see how two of our biggest abilities getting a boost qualify as a nerf. I'm looking forward to more CoF procs, and 10% boost to demo round dmg before grav vortex's taken into consideration.. mmm juicy...

So I lose 50% of a passive shield.. big whoop, if it's that bad, I'll move those points into CM to speed up my heals.

Gunnery's sustained dmg is going up.

You get your 0.5sec cast back from gunnery talent that used to reduce the ammo cost. (Muzzle Fluting)

They're just switching sh*t around to make it look like changes but aren't.

Gunnery

- Charged Barrier now provides 1% damage reduction per stack. (nerf)

- Curtain of Fire: the chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly. (buff)

- Demolition Round's damage output has been increased by approximately 10%. (buff)

- Grav Round has been rebalanced. It now costs 2 Energy Cells, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

- Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Energy Cell costs. It now reduces the activation time of Charged Bolts and Grav Round by .5 seconds.

- Tenacious Defense now reduces the cooldown of Concussion Charge by 2.5 seconds per point. (nerf)

Its actually a fairly significant buff to pvp for gunnery. CMs, on the other hand, are getting spanked pvp. My guess is CMs all flop into Gunnery. You thought you'd seen grav spam before, just wait.

I'm going to be honest, I think I'm confused on this issue.. I'm a full gunnery commando (lvl 50).

My standard rotation (today in most PvP and PvE situations) is:

*Grav Round

*Grav Round

(^ not for damage, but for the vortex stack which should be x4)

*Full Auto

(^because the duration gives my ammo a chance to regenerate while firing)

*Impact Bolt

*Demo Round

Rinse and repeat.

Now keep in mind of course I'm using Pulse Canon or chasing Imps down with spamming hammer shot.

My only complaint is to get the most out of some of my most used abilities I count on Grav Round stacks. Hell, I'd let them nerf it to hammer shot levels if I could spam it faster LOL! Or at least boost hammer shot up a bit.

I'm no big baby, and I'm not going to quit or re-roll but wasn't the purpose of the commando (not the healing spec) was to "deal out heavy DPS"?? The actual term "DPS" is just that, if other classes can cast weaker abilities faster to be equal or greater to what a commando can in one shot overtime it's not really a balancing, more of a nerf.

When I play my commando (gunnery) I know he is a TEAM player: he sucks at heals, sucks at tanks, BUT I expect him to be high DPS. I expect to die quick, but in my short lifespan I should be taking out Imps left and right. From what I can tell from 1.2 is in a different combination I "should" be able to accomplish the same DPS but am overall a little weaker. Sum of it all = nerf.

Again I'm not going to cry, I'm going to try my best at my rotation, gear, abilities, etc to win. I just am worried that the Commando will more of a liability in a warzone than an asset. I don't want a bunch of PvPers to say "oh great, another worthless commando taking up a spot where a good ____ could be". That is when I start with something else.

Greetings Troopers,

We understand that Troopers have a lot to discuss about the upcoming changes announced for Patch 1.2. There are already a few conversations going on, so you may want to join one of these discussions:

Trooper Commando Forum

1.2 Combat Medic

1.2 Commando, general

PTS Forum

Feedback on 1.2 Commando (Gunnery) changes (nerfs)

Combat Medic

Here's what Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller had to say about how patch notes, player experience, and data gathered from testing work together to improve the game for everyone:

Thank you for actually testing things in the game before posting. It's feedback from people like you we are interested in.

Games are not balanced on paper and actual gameplay impact of changes is not easily determined from patch notes, especially when so much of the surrounding game logic has been modified.

It is impossible to capture every element of change in patch notes, and it's even more impossible to prevent people from reacting to patch notes without taking the time to actually test.

We will be monitoring the game data coming from PTS, as well as guild feedback and constructive feedback based on gameplay on PTS and make adjustments and changes for the PTS period of the patch and beyond where necessary.

We hope this sheds a little light on play testing.

This thread will now be closed. We encourage you to join one of the conversations above or check out the Public Test Server forums. Thank you for your feedback!