Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I'm good at PvP but I suck at Huttball

Tyraelium

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huttball is the epitome of good pvp.

I must be getting old because I thought it was knowing your class, the opposition class, team work, comms, and the epeen and fame you get with the amount of dead bodies around you!

Erm....running after a silly ball is not PVP per se.

as soon as you mentioned "premade" your opinion stopped having meaning. :rolleyes:

as to the thread, a decent player can make anything useful.

Haha i have a valor 65 merc. If I'm not in a premade i don't play huttball. I quit.

I like playing dps, but a merc healer is actually useful.

This is for the OP,

If according to you, you suck at Huttball, then why are you giving a terribly long list of advice on it?

Shouldn't you be asking for advice instead?

The question was posed as a hypothetical, answered within the body of the post. Did you read the post at all or just the thread title?

Huttball is just a broken exploitable mess of a warzone, I'm not sure why anyone really still cares about winning or losing it.

no, it is not. the problem is only players like you. though you seem to be part of the dominating class of players.

it is like in the thread about mvp bonus increasing... i am top damage or kill or.... why don't i get more mvp votes... :rolleyes:

people have no clue about tactics nor class dynamics.

This is for the OP,

If according to you, you suck at Huttball, then why are you giving a terribly long list of advice on it?

rofl!

i would enrage about this if not nearly every thread here consists of such posts.

Can't agree more with the OPs overall point- a team can easily win huttball yet be the bottom 8 on damage/heals.

I love huttball- one of the more strategic pvp ideas I've seen in a very long time. When playing a good team, you have to utilize *all* of your abilities to win.

I completely agree. As a lowbie Marauder now, Huttball is the worst for me. I know how to play it. It's an actual inability to do so, to a degree. Zero defense, zero CC. Players are all over the map, seems everywhere I go, I'm getting double or triple teamed.

At least for now.

In Voidstar or Alderaan, I accord myself much better.

Not knocking huttball, its just not lowbie marauder friendly :)

This is for the OP,

And shouldn't you actually read what he wrote before commenting on it?

Huttball is the epitome of good pvp. The reason why u hear soooooooo much QQ is because its probably from DPS classes. If you are playing huttball for damage and kills, then you are just another baddie, plain and simple.

how does being good at hutball make you a good pvper? is it cause you can a) force run b) leap c)pull d) all of the above? i play for dmg and kills because i have none of those, as an op, i have my dmg, for now (1.2)...so i focus on killing for my teammates.

how does being good at hutball make you a good pvper? is it cause you can a) force run b) leap c)pull d) all of the above? i play for dmg and kills because i have none of those, as an op, i have my dmg, for now (1.2)...so i focus on killing for my teammates.

Nope, its because you know who can on both teams and you also know how to counter them on defense.

I mean seriously, you see someone force sprint if you can charge do it, instant root. If you have a ranged snare or stun, do it, snares prefered since ignore resolve. Best of all pull them back.

If you are dps, control the middle so those guys don't get the ball ing the first place. Teams that control the middle have always dominated in my experience. Use stealth scans if yoy got it, they'll cover a whole catwalk.

Save stubs if you can fortimes when they will was to pass, and simply know the game enough to know when they will likely pass.

All the whining about mobility powers, stop whining and look at what your class can do and what counters their stuff.

This was really useful for me thanks.

I never would have thought about the disadvantages of killing people who then go back to their spawn.

It is a good point, but also if your BC has a charge there is nothing better then somone coming out of spawn and taking a charge score to the face. So it depends, on a few factors but in general no killing them is a nice idea unless you can't peal them off healers/BC.

Huttbal is the pinnacle of PVP, you can't be bad as long as you're helping your team to score. If you're racking damage and kills though then it's a different story.

LOL yeah. Unless your a melee class with no knockback, no CC, no stealth escape.

You know, like a lowbie marauder.

I loathe huttball on my marauder. I abandon it more times then not. All huttball involves ia 4 ranged classe ganking me from 20 meters in the air anytime I get anywhere NEAR the action. I feel like a piece of meat. There's nothing I can do about it. Because of the height dimension of it, I can't particpate in combat at all unless I'm following a couple other people. Which I try to do, but honestly, you win huttball by good passing, and I can't get myself anywhere to recieve a pass without getting filleted from range.

If I sit there and camp the pit waiting for a pass to hopefully force charge out, I get virtually zero valor medals. Not to mention it's a pain in the *** trying to leap up and over as people come out.

If any marauders would explain to me what the heck I'm supposed to do to not get waxed every 30 seconds, I'm all ears. I understand huttball, but have never done it as a melee only.

Edited by islander

LOL yeah. Unless your a melee class with no knockback, no CC, no stealth escape.

You know, like a lowbie marauder.

I loathe huttball on my marauder. I abandon it more times then not. All huttball involves ia 4 ranged classe ganking me from 20 meters in the air anytime I get anywhere NEAR the action. I feel like a piece of meat. There's nothing I can do about it. Because of the height dimension of it, I can't particpate in combat at all unless I'm following a couple other people. Which I try to do, but honestly, you win huttball by good passing, and I can't get myself anywhere to recieve a pass without getting filleted from range.

If I sit there and camp the pit waiting for a pass to hopefully force charge out, I get virtually zero valor medals. Not to mention it's a pain in the *** trying to leap up and over as people come out.

If any marauders would explain to me what the heck I'm supposed to do to not get waxed every 30 seconds, I'm all ears. I understand huttball, but have never done it as a melee only.

Utility for Marauders include:

Predation (running the ball, getting the ball first)

Trauma (kill ball carrier/healers)

Charge (up a ledge)

Shield Walls-- whatever its called :\ (over the fire)

Camo (cherry picking)

AOE Mez

If you don't have any of these yet then you might want to level up a bit before you complain about your class :) Marauders are a must have in every Huttball lineup.

Utility for Marauders include:

Predation (running the ball, getting the ball first)

Trauma (kill ball carrier/healers)

Charge (up a ledge)

Shield Walls-- whatever its called :\ (over the fire)

Camo (cherry picking)

AOE Mez

If you don't have any of these yet then you might want to level up a bit before you complain about your class :) Marauders are a must have in every Huttball lineup.

- Charge is worthless against 2 ranged.

- I have Predation, but due to not having virtually the rest of the stuff on that list, it doesn't help much. Not to mention it requires a full stack of fury, which in Huttball - I simply can't get. I would also suspect that predation would be more valuable getting the final distance to the goal. who cares who gets the ball first - it's one big three dimensional zerg fest for the first 30 seconds anyway.

- Trauma - I do infllict this on ball carriers. Oh, I can cut down a ball carrier if I'm not cc'd/knocked back within seconds. I can fillet some people. I have no issues with effectiveness in the other warzones.

The rest I don't have. I'm level 24 now, just got choke so I can finally hold a ball carrier up for once (besides the crippling slash, of course)

Your last comment about leveling up simply isn't relevant. I'm asking for lowbie marauder advice, and claiming the class sucks at that point.

I'd love nothing more then to proactively unqueue myself from Huttball and wait out the others. Unfortunately, I enjoy PvP but don't have this option.

Not PvPing until level 40 is a lousy solution. I asked for advice on how to deal with maraudering at low levels in huttball. If there are no suggestions I'm not aware of (and I'm open to them, believe me!) then I'll just continue not enjoying PvP until 1.2, when Empire v Empire can happen in Novare and Voidstar too.

Edited by islander

Operatives and Scoundrels are useless in Huttball unless they are healing me. I would prefer if they simply left the warzone and provided a spot for a useful class.

They do no damage and simply walk around the arena getting kited for the entire duration of the game.

Operatives and Scoundrels are useless in Huttball unless they are healing me. I would prefer if they simply left the warzone and provided a spot for a useful class.

They do no damage and simply walk around the arena getting kited for the entire duration of the game.

at 50, geared, this is totally false. Could be accurate leveling though.

Mara/sents are the scariest ball carriers. Taking 3 damage thru fire and running at warp speed makes them impossible to stop if some idiot on your team stuns them at a stupid time (happens a lot).

Thankfully, most smara/sent players are all "Watch me stab this guy a lot and get a ton of damage". These guys are better left snared and alive. The ones that pop the "here is your full stack of fury" then "now run super fast" right after someone fills their resolve are gone before you know it. And they have force leap. Good luck ever stopping this guy. If your team locks the middle down, you can keep him from ever getting the ball, but if he does get it, one extricate to the top ramp means hes gone.

Mara/sents are the scariest ball carriers. Taking 3 damage thru fire and running at warp speed makes them impossible to stop if some idiot on your team stuns them at a stupid time (happens a lot).

Thankfully, most smara/sent players are all "Watch me stab this guy a lot and get a ton of damage". These guys are better left snared and alive. The ones that pop the "here is your full stack of fury" then "now run super fast" right after someone fills their resolve are gone before you know it. And they have force leap. Good luck ever stopping this guy. If your team locks the middle down, you can keep him from ever getting the ball, but if he does get it, one extricate to the top ramp means hes gone.

Oh yeah. I'm by no means saying Marauders/Sentinels are lousy at 50. I know they've got lots of tools then.

- Charge is worthless against 2 ranged.

- I have Predation, but due to not having virtually the rest of the stuff on that list, it doesn't help much. Not to mention it requires a full stack of fury, which in Huttball - I simply can't get. I would also suspect that predation would be more valuable getting the final distance to the goal. who cares who gets the ball first - it's one big three dimensional zerg fest for the first 30 seconds anyway.

- Trauma - I do infllict this on ball carriers. Oh, I can cut down a ball carrier if I'm not cc'd/knocked back within seconds. I can fillet some people. I have no issues with effectiveness in the other warzones.

The rest I don't have. I'm level 24 now, just got choke so I can finally hold a ball carrier up for once (besides the crippling slash, of course)

Your last comment about leveling up simply isn't relevant. I'm asking for lowbie marauder advice, and claiming the class sucks at that point.

I'd love nothing more then to proactively unqueue myself from Huttball and wait out the others. Unfortunately, I enjoy PvP but don't have this option.

Not PvPing until level 40 is a lousy solution. I asked for advice on how to deal with maraudering at low levels in huttball. If there are no suggestions I'm not aware of (and I'm open to them, believe me!) then I'll just continue not enjoying PvP until 1.2, when Empire v Empire can happen in Novare and Voidstar too.

You would see less issues if there were tighter level groups in Warzones instead of lobbing all 10-49 in one bracket, heh. I agree its kind of a problem, I avoided PvPing on a few toons until I got some key abilities just because I knew how unbearable it would be. Ideally we would all play the format we want :) I can only imagine Lv10-19 *only* Huttball, sounds fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.