Does Bioware enjoy laughing at republic players?

Aandolas

To most of the games population this wont matter since about 70% play Empire but it just needs to be said.

Are the Bioware devs mocking us? They laugh at the fact that republic have been at a disadvantage for so long. They alter a Empire CC to make it look like the Republic player is laying on its back crying like a little baby. Oh and surprise surprise... there is now a nifty little bug that occasionally makes republic players do this same animation after losing a voidstar match. They give us trash armor that at 50 looks worse then most of the 20-40 sets that Empire players get.

And then I discover this. While turning in one of my PVP quests I accidentally clicked on my companion Kira Carsen and she said something she had never said before. I believe this was added with one of the last 2 patches.

Kira Carsen says, "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the dark side."

Seemed a little bit of a coincidence that she started saying something new just after the latest 1.2 armor designs were released and there was widespread agreement on the republic side that not only were our old armors pathetic, but the 1.2 Republic armor sets were possibly the worst ever. Worse then anything previous.

Bioware has ridiculous resources to dump into this game. They need to do some serious work on the Republic side since Empire get an extremely beautiful and polished game experience.

Edited by Paralassa

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comment. That is pretty much what myself a quite a few other republic players feel. I have played both sides. Empire on The Fatman server, and Republic on Prophecy of the Five, and from first hand experience the Empire have a much better gaming experience from beginning to end on all fronts.

Sith don't actually look good, it's just the capes. You can dress like Lady GaGa and STILL look great if you add a cape.

Plus chicks dig capes.

Robes are so last season, Jedi.

Chicks do not dig capes. We think they're goofy. That's why you see only geeks wearing them by choice. They don't know any better.

Sith don't actually look good, it's just the capes. You can dress like Lady GaGa and STILL look great if you add a cape.

Plus chicks dig capes.

Robes are so last season, Jedi.

Capes were around LONG before your favorite singer has been wearing them. ;)

Seriously bud, the republic in general or Jedi for that matter always look plan and more so than Imps. However in my own opinion Troopers and smugglers have awesome looks in armor. If Jedi walked around with spike armor than it wouldnt be Star Wars it would be another D&D theme.

Thanks for the comment. That is pretty much what myself a quite a few other republic players feel. I have played both sides. Empire on The Fatman server, and Republic on Prophecy of the Five, and from first hand experience the Empire have a much better gaming experience from beginning to end on all fronts.

HEY! It's not called the Fatman server.

It's name is Porkins.

:D

I have no choice but to agree. So far, Rep pops are no where near Imp pops.

Everyone wants to be bad.

This is why I said that they should just remove the factions from the game and allow people to level darkside or light side to determine where they stand on the battlefront.

While turning in one of my PVP quests I accidentally clicked on my companion Kira Carsen and she said something she had never said before. I believe this was added with one of the last 2 patches.

Kira Carsen says, "Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the dark side."

Actually, I heard her say that quite a long time ago; it long predates the 1.2 armor designs. This is Tinfoil hat level paranoia.

BM Troopers look amazing. But that's absolutely the only aesthetically pleasing set on the republic side. BM Smugglers look horrid. Everyone was expecting to look like the guy in the Cinematic trailer, but that's only possible by piecing together a few sets with pieces of 40, 50, and PVP gear... Not Ideal.

Have you even seen the 1.2 consular gear? Its a frigging toga and loin cloth. Absolutely embarrassing. The Smuggler 1.2 gear makes them look like Peter Pan or Robin Hood, Trooper gear looks like some sort of Robot, and Warriors will look like Native Americans running around in deer skins. The most common comment I have heard the last few days is, that people are so glad for PVP and Raid set mod swapping. Almost nobody I have heard wants to wear the 1.2 gear they would rather keep the stuff they have been in for the last 2 months.

Actually, I heard her say that quite a long time ago; it long predates the 1.2 armor designs. This is Tinfoil hat level paranoia.

You could be correct. I cannot prove when ti was put into the game but I have played with Kira for 3 months now without ever seeing that comment. Actually across all 6 of my characters that is the first new comment I have heard since January. Either way though my points are valid with or without the companion comment.

You = over reacting.

BW is doing just fine. Hell, it actually seems they are close to reality.

Jedi = Peaceful

Sith = Need to feel like they are intimidating

Ask yourself, who looked cooler in episode One? Obi-Wan, or Darth Maul?

DING! Please ring up one dead Sith Apprentice. (Who was the guy that played Toad in X-Men, how weird!)

The thing about it, is that there is probably always going to be an imbalance in the factions. The evil characters in the Star Wars universe are just too awesome to pass up playing as. I get to force choke people to dead as a warrior, or zap them cooked with an inquisitor. Many people playing this game, are indeed casual, and came wanting to play as a character that was like Darth Vader, or Emperor Palpatine. It's not Bioware that hates you, it's the lore.

You = over reacting.

Jedi = Peaceful

DING! Please ring up one dead Sith Apprentice. (Who was the guy that played Toad in X-Men, how weird!)

No way. Are you serious? He was Toad?

You = over reacting.

Jedi = Peaceful

Obi-Wan, Darth maul only looked cool due to his race, take that way and he was just wearing all black, and being emo is never cool.

Edited by harpuax

there is now a nifty little bug that occasionally makes republic players do this same animation after losing a voidstar match.

This has made me log off a number of times. As if it wasnt bad enough getting beat in a WZ.. I then have to watch my character and every other republic player lay on his back like a *********** 2 year old crying.. Bioware makes me sick. I really wish another Dev made this game.

Edited by Bamxk

You = over reacting.

Jedi = Peaceful

Bioware did fine with the Jedi gear lvling up.. the end game ****.. not so much

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.