Noble Sacrifice Problem

Beyaco

I pretty much tend to mvp the highest healer because healers are special and I love them. I do hate that sages can pad their numbers though, and it's not always noticeable. So I assume I have given my mvp medal to sage healers that may not have deserved it. That is not cool, and should be changed.

The best change would be to not count heals our of combat towards healing meter.

Depends. There are times when I do it on my sorcerer if I am the only one guarding a node, whether we have 1 or 2 nodes. I'll generally inform people I am a healer and to stay so I can go, but it doesn't always work. You get 2 medals for defending the nodes, so you need 2 more from something else. It's not entirely impossible to be a healer stuck at your only node the entire match without the opposing team sending anyone there. It's happened to me before.

Sometimes you have several healers.

And sometimes the rest of the gang runs off for MOAR PEW PEW and they're wise enough to guard the turret.

If you ARE short on healers and stuck at the turret..call it out..just ask if someone will trade so you can go heal. Usually works. There's bound to be someone tired of dying...

Edited by BBCHiyde

Depends. There are times when I do it on my sorcerer if I am the only one guarding a node, whether we have 1 or 2 nodes. I'll generally inform people I am a healer and to stay so I can go, but it doesn't always work. You get 2 medals for defending the nodes, so you need 2 more from something else. It's not entirely impossible to be a healer stuck at your only node the entire match without the opposing team sending anyone there. It's happened to me before.

Spike, shock, stun and assassinate = free node :D have happen more then once that i got a node that way on my sin :)

One time on VS as defender, when first round started i stealth and sprint to attackers ship and down jump a sage with almost no health, so force pull and assassinate and he was dead, like 5 sec in the game and i got 2,5k dmg, 1 on 1 and killing blow medals :D

Few things here. First, I was asking for a example of when it would be better to use noble sacrifice out of combat rather than hitting the rest/reload/glowy button?

Second, I gave 2 solutions. The first solution is to just make it subtract from your healing totals. You are in fact taking your health and giving it right back to yourself. Not sure why that would add to your healing totals. I think this would be the best path.

My other solution would be to make it only usable during combat. To be honest, I can't think of any reason why it would be better to use noble sacrifice out of combat versus just resting. In fact, I sometimes try and sprint away to lose combat, rather than use noble sacrifice, sometimes.

As far as saying that they can usually only get the 75k medal...Well, nothing is stopping them from TRYING to get the 300k one...I would assume that someone along the lines of the person I described above, thinks something like, "The earlier that you start, the better chance.."

Sure.. but what I'm saying is that they shouldn't make noble sacrifice substact from whatever you healed, because that would be unfair to those who actually uses it in a good way.

What I was saying also is that if they even try to get the 75k medal that way, they suck and no one should play with them. Don't make people who are actually trying suffer because of some *******. I have never experienced anyone doing what you describe. The only time I see something like it is when they try to get the 5k healing medal which demands pretty darn good gear to do in combat. So your idea about it beeing for in combat only is meh I guess.. but it still isn't good.. cause in a FP or a OP you might want to use it in between trash to have as little downtime as possible.

I just don't think the problem justifies that kind of nerf tbh.

In combat noble sacrifice isn't a bad idea. Still, this is such a minor issue that you don't want an overreaching fix that hurts all sages. Subtracting from healing totals doesn't make much sense considering it's useful for squeezing out a bit of emergency heals on other players when the sage is out of force.

PSA: If you're the only healer and are left at a turret and your team can't launch a decent push you should call out that you are leaving and then leave. If you take a turret and someone goes to defend yours you could win! If they take yours and you can't get a node... well you were going to lose anyway.

I hate when I look at the map in a still winnable game and there are 2-3 people defending our only node healing themselves.

They are revamping medals in 1.2 so I guess we will see. PvP is going to be different after the patch, hopefully they are able to motivate these people to actually participate. As people have said though, some people are just jerks.

It is about participation in gaining medals. I do have a problem if a guy can come into a warzone, tell us how much we suck and proceed to heal himself and camp on a node and get his 4 medals without helping. You don't see anything wrong with getting medals for actually hurting your teammates?

Protecting a node is not a useless activity.

You are just jealous the healer has a way to gain 2 medals. The guy is helping your team. If you went to babysit the node and asked him to go help take another node and he/she refused you'd have a point. Unless of course the match was technically already lost and he said na. There is no point.

Just left a WZ and something bothered me enough to create this thread :) Noble sacrifice is my problem.

I was in a civil war pug group and we had 1 healer. Most of us had 15 to 16k health. So, our healer notices this and starts to talk about the doom and gloom. Before the match could even be considered "over" - when your team has double the other teams points - he is sitting at a node spamming Noble sacrifice and healing himself....

Are there any reasons a sage would need to use noble sacrifice out of combat? Besides trying to farm medals...

I am suggesting that this ability is hurting the team in some cases. The healer would rather get HIS medals on his own rather than help out and get medals as a team. By healing his teammates.

My solution would be to make noble sacrifice SUBTRACT from your healing totals. Another solution is to make the ability only usable IN COMBAT.

Discuss! Let me know why you disagree or agree!

I use noble sacrifice all the time out of combat, especially when I'm moving between nodes or need to regenerate force but can't risk taking the time out to meditate.

That being said, I think it's cheap that sages can get free medals. At least now there is no advantage to it with the 4 medal cap. So at least that's an improvement over before. I can honestly say I have never ditched warzone duties/trying to win in order to lifetap and get medals.