Op or Assassin?

LoganOleary

Hey all, I am a Pub player and lvl'd a Gunslinger to 50, and a Guardian to 21 atm. I also made a few Imp toons to try out, both an assassin and an Operative. I enjoy the sl, but I'm a PvP guy at heart. What's better in PvP out of the stealth classes Assassin or OP? I admit as a GS operatives opening from stealth and bursting on me kill me most times b4 the stun wears off. It's killer burst from what I've seen, even my own rank 12 gets very respectable numbers in WZ . I have yet to try the Assassin in PvP but understand they are/were sick deadly?

So come 1.2 which will reign king for bursty death? I'm looking for the class with the best chance of going toe to toe in melee and gutting anything save a tank quickly.

So come 1.2 which will reign king for bursty death? I'm looking for the class with the best chance of going toe to toe in melee and gutting anything save a tank quickly.

You definitely want to roll a DPS Assassin or a Marauder then. You can find a thread where this is already being discussed here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=375962

Operative in its current state (and especially post 1.2) is a class that I can only recommend to players that like to give themselves a challenge and don't get frustrated too easiely.

But when you are able to make it work it's obviously a much better feeling than you would have with some of the stronger classes.

Edited by Ich_Bin

Thanks for the replies. As I have both in the low teens I'll probably go through their class stories to the end anyway. I'll play both in PvP and see which I like better. I play a Gunslinger as my main, and it's more challenging then most would think. I just want a toon that can get 'stuck in' do good burst then 'poof' and annoy my opponents to no end while helping my team to win.

• 2 weeks later...

I am of the opinion that both the sin or the op can give you exactly what you are looking for. I have played/pvp'ed both extensively and think they both have their advantages and disadvantages. for example..

Both are capable of delving out damage although I think the Op is probably more bursty. The survivability/utility is roughly equal all things considered 20ish% damage reduction. The Sin has better mobility, but the OP has ranged abilities and healing.

Bottom line, both are powerful classes the major difference i see the the mobility vs the ranged capability and healing, both have saved my butt a number of times so it really boils down to a matter of play style.

**on a side note, I will say that playing as the OP is by the the best leveling experience I have had in game as of yet. Stealth combined with droid sap, human sap, off heals and big damage made soloing on level champions and 4+ heroics easy. Just keep your tank geared and you are gtg.

Edited by ManCandy

I'd say assassin. I have both an op and a sin at 50 and the sin is much more fun to play. I think an op might kill squishy targets in pvp a bit faster, but the utility you get from the sin is well worth it in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.