Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

No he's not lol.

If I'm in a TANK tree but wearing DPS gear that is a mixture of 2 elements which is the definition of hybrid.

/end

Lol no, hybrid is hybrid SPECCED. These kinetic shadows have 31 points in kinetic tree and are therefore not hybrid specced.

A tank wearing DPS gear is just differently geared, nothing hybrid about it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

The main issue is that assassins are too strong compared to operatives, with better defensive cooldowns, much higher utility, better mobility and after 1.2 better damage.

Here are some suggestions to bring assassins in line with 1.2 operatives:

- Dark charge gives a 30-50% damage penalty

- Wither effect reduced to 6 seconds

- Force shroud removed entirely to bring shadow/assassin defensive cooldowns in line with operatives

- Force speed shares a cooldown with force pull

Edited by Redmarx

The main issue is that assassins are too strong compared to operatives, with better defensive cooldowns, much higher utility, better mobility and after 1.2 better damage.

- Force shroud removed entirely to bring shadow/assassin defensive cooldowns in line with operatives

You cannot compare operatives to shadow tanks.

The tanks don't do burst damage, that is infiltration. You seem to have the specs mixed up here.

They are sustained DPS with good defense, much like a marauder, except with slightly more utility.

I disagree with everything but the penalty but if they do this for dark charge they need to do something similar to all tanks and it should also increase threat you know, for the people who want to pve.

You cannot compare operatives to shadow tanks.

The tanks don't do burst damage, that is infiltration. You seem to have the specs mixed up here.

They are sustained DPS with good defense, much like a marauder, except with slightly more utility.

That's the problem with people believing every Assassin is specced 31/31/31...

Also, of frakking course a tank class will have better defensive cooldown than a healing class. That's the whole point of playing a tank class...

Edited by AetherMcLoud

um since when is arsenal merc a 1 button class ? before u flap your mouths about it roll1 get it to 50 and then learn it . im a merc arsenal spec and i use every damage ability i have and for the record tracer missile isnt what ***** u its the heatseeker missile after i stack u with heat signatures . Edited by BiggBrian

um since when is arsenal merc a 1 button class ? before u flap your mouths about it roll1 get it to 50 and then learn it . im a merc arsenal spec and i use every damage ability i have and for the record tracer missile isnt what ***** u its the heatseeker missile after i stack u with heat signatures .

If you are playing like that, you are playing your own class wrong. Max out Tracer Missile, then spec to make it fast, and spec to make it uninterruptable w/shield.

Spam uninterruptable Tracer Missile at any melee that overextends to kill you, win.

But you don't understand. All of these class changes are a great mystery to you eh?

If you are playing like that, you are playing your own class wrong. Max out Tracer Missile, then spec to make it fast, and spec to make it uninterruptable w/shield.

Spam uninterruptable Tracer Missile at any melee that overextends to kill you, win.

But you don't understand. All of these class changes are a great mystery to you eh?

bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa i fully understand my class which is why im well over the top in damage at any given point in any WZ im in . makei t fast ? the most u take off of the cast speed is a tenth of a second when u spec into the alacrity 4% talent in the pyro tree and another 1/10 of a second if u push into the 2nd tier in the heal tree (im spec'd into the alacrity increas talent in the pyro tree btw but not the 2nd tier in the heal tree ) i have a 1.4 second cast on tracer i have no problem killing melee classes . SO before u decide to belittle people just to make your EPEEN feel bigger shut up and listen sometime . you can totally tell a 1 button merc when they get interrupted and stand there like a deer in the headlights waiting for it to come off CD theres a reason they give us all the abilities ...its to use them when needed .

Edited by BiggBrian

bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa i fully understand my class which is why im well over the top in damage at any given point in any WZ im in . makei t fast ? the most u take off of the cast speed is a tenth of a second when u spec into the alacrity 4% talent in the pyro tree and another 1/10 of a second if u push into the 2nd tier in the heal tree (im spec'd into the alacrity increas talent in the pyro tree btw but not the 2nd tier in the heal tree ) i have a 1.4 second cast on tracer i have no problem killing melee classes . SO before u decide to belittle people just to make your EPEEN feel bigger shut up and listen sometime . you can totally tell a 1 button merc when they get interrupted and stand there like a deer in the headlights waiting for it to come off CD theres a reason they give us all the abilities ...its to use them when needed .

My post stands.

the main reason they are trying to force you to spec higher into your Middle tress is so you can't do exactly what I posted about.

It's too bad that you didn't understand the amazing advantages you had available to you. There is still a little time left before 1.2 though.

My post stands.

the main reason they are trying to force you to spec higher into your Middle tress is so you can't do exactly what I posted about.

It's too bad that you didn't understand the amazing advantages you had available to you. There is still a little time left before 1.2 though.

the middle tree IS arsenal spec and im spec'd all the way to the top . soooo you telling me to spec higher into the middle tree when i already am is kinda ..well....stupid on your part .

the middle tree IS arsenal spec and im spec'd all the way to the top . soooo you telling me to spec higher into the middle tree when i already am is kinda ..well....stupid on your part .

See, you still don't understand.

I'm saying you are overspec'ed in your middle tree atm. The patch changes are designed to force people to spec the way you are now.

You should have been taking advantage of the Hybrid spec this entire time.

hahahah what? Ya none of that is EVER happening.You are talking about a tank class that can only single target tank well.They will never nerf sin tanks for pvp.They might buff tank armor to work in pvp to get ppl out of the DPS gear or nerf the Bio~meds that make playing the class effective in pvp , but the class alrdy has the label as the wrost tank in alot of areas.

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to effect pve that much.....I dunno if you could even hold arggo with a 30% dmg penalty.

Edited by Synacus

why do you compare a darkness spec assassin with operative? I don't get it?

or even assassin at all with operative?

hahahah what? Ya none of that is EVER happening.You are talking about a tank class that can only single target tank well.They will never nerf sin tanks for pvp.They might buff tank armor to work in pvp to get ppl out of the DPS gear or nerf the Bio~meds that make playing the class effective in pvp , but the class alrdy has the label as the wrost tank in alot of areas.

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to effect pve that much.....I dunno if you could even hold arggo with a 30% dmg penalty.

They will never balance anything for PvP since they are obviously putting it aside to be side attraction to PvEers.

Shame. Ah well, better games coming out so no biggie.

Amended suggestions to bring assassins in line with 1.2 operatives:

- Dark charge gives a 30-50% damage penalty and increases threat by 100%

Amended suggestions to bring assassins in line with 1.2 operatives:

- Dark charge gives a 30-50% damage penalty and increases threat by 100%

oh that is so much better than your original post...keep up the great ideas.

Thanks, I'm glad you agree.

I think an 80% reduction would be better. Also if we are getting rid of force shroud I would oust deflection as well, the cool down is two minutes so either make it 5 or just trash it. Since we are on the subject I think whiter should not yield a stack or harnessed darkness and with 3 stacks from your shock instead of a heal it should cause a self inflicting DoT on the caster.

Whaddya think?

I think an 80% reduction would be better. Also if we are getting rid of force shroud I would oust deflection as well, the cool down is two minutes so either make it 5 or just trash it. Since we are on the subject I think whiter should not yield a stack or harnessed darkness and with 3 stacks from your shock instead of a heal it should cause a self inflicting DoT on the caster.

Whaddya think?

I think a tank cooldown should increase the damage you take while tanking. Makes perfect sense according to the logic in this thread.