When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

Umm ok, you clearly have no idea, I have seen Guardians with 50k+ protection yet still have 700k damage.

You clearly missed the point. Some guardians can reach 700k damage and that needs to be addressed as well, and is. Not to mention the 700k damage is merely done through AoE spam, the damage isnt substantial much like Sorc's could hit 1 million damage.

The thing you miss detailing is that the assassin also had the capacity to heal itself and also had the option to stealth and thus makes it the superior objective orientated class. All I see is a class with the tools to literally do every single thing required. Still seems OP to me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/PfrWV.jpg

1 mil damage.

17k protection (tank technique proven)

Closest Shadow was at 370k damage with 76k protection.

That's not a Tank, that's a DPS spec doing what he's supposed to be doing.

And to the Shadow part, that's a full tank Shadow doing the most damage on this team as a FULL tank. Just goes to show you lol.

Edited by AMKSED

He is actually in a dps stance. Also the AoE power of the smash needs to be addressed, no one is arguing that either.

I personally see nothing wrong with it.

My Guardian is Focus and it's VERY easy to counter and a Focus Guardian is pretty squishy. Focus them down and don't let them get close to you and you're golden.

That's not a Tank, that's a DPS spec doing what he's supposed to be doing.

1 mil damage is OP if you classify good WZ stats as OP, and no shadow could ever reach that high, unless you have proof of course? No probably not, and shadows do have taunts too.

1 mil damage is OP if you classify good WZ stats as OP, and no shadow could ever reach that high, unless you have proof of course? No probably not, and shadows do have taunts too.

It's really not hard to do a lot of damage as a Focus/Rage spec, especially if the team you're vsing is bad and grouped up a majority of the match. Which is what I'm going to assume since he was able to achieve such high damage.

And everything you said isn't relevant to anything I've said. Like I said earlier, a DPS spec'd player doing damage? No way?!

I personally see nothing wrong with it.

My Guardian is Focus and it's VERY easy to counter and a Focus Guardian is pretty squishy. Focus them down and don't let them get close to you and you're golden.

As one of the first BM Guardians on my server who got there using the focus spec I found it quite gimmicky and too rewarding. Granted I dont see them as highly influencial characters and in rated warzones focus guardians shouldnt see much play as good teams dont clump up and know how to time kbs.

In essence the difference here is, the 1 mill damage was just some AoE damage onto balled pugs. Whereas the issue with the Shadow/Assassin lies in high utility and versatility which is much needed in rated games.

Yes I know I tried to use numbers to prove an argument but the numbers need to be put within context. If you look at the screen shot I posted:

http://i.imgur.com/kmpzS.jpg

The assassin had only 1 death while all others had 6+ with the average being 8-9. That assassin single handedly won the match through the use of stealth and self heal, as well as presenting themselves as the highest damage threat.

If you think 400k odd damage with decent protection, and a little self healing is OP...

Sentinels can reach far beyond the 400k mark which seems to basically be the cap for shadow tank spec with dps gear, plus have more healing in the stats.

400K is nowhere near the cap.

On a good match I've reached nearly 700K and my friend, Prestige has gone over 700K damage. Along with having 150K+ protection and 75K+ healing.

And I would expect Sentinels/Marauders who are spec'd into DPS and wearing DPS gear to get over 400K damage.

Not a Shadow/Assassin who is spec'd into TANKING and wearing DPS gear to get over 400k damage.

Edited by AMKSED

It's really not hard to do a lot of damage as a Focus/Rage spec, especially if the team you're vsing is bad and grouped up a majority of the match. Which is what I'm going to assume since he was able to achieve such high damage.

And everything you said isn't relevant to anything I've said. Like I said earlier, a DPS spec'd player doing damage? No way?!

So your objection is to DPS classes that can do an absolute top of 400-500k and being able to protect people is OP?

After watching this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSFMU67VzpM

I can understand why the OP thinks this class is overpowered. The problem is, if you take a look at most of the clips in that video, they are all taken from a 1v1 point of view and he is popping adrenals and relics throughout. Nobody is going to let you do this in organized 8man groups in Ranked.

Wait for rated warzones before calling specs and gear combinations overpowered. I'm really sick of seeing call out for nerfs simply because they get killed in 1v1's. If you don't have concrete evidence to backup your claims, you're doing nothing but causing unwarranted trolling.

I do think that the other Tank classes should be able to put out similar numbers to Tank Assassin's, but that's another matter and this isn't the place to discuss it.

On a good match I've reached nearly 700K and my friend, Prestige has gone over 700K damage. Along with having 150K+ protection and 75K+ healing.

And I would expect Sentinels/Marauders who are spec'd into DPS and wearing DPS gear to get over 400K damage.

Not a Shadow/Assassin who is spec'd into TANKING and wearing DPS gear to get over 400k damage.

Ok ill bite, SS?

provide the proofs then...

After watching this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSFMU67VzpM

I can understand why the OP thinks this class is overpowered. The problem is, if you take a look at most of the clips in that video, they are all taken from a 1v1 point of view and he is popping adrenals and relics throughout. Nobody is going to let you do this in organized 8man groups in Ranked.

Wait for rated warzones before calling specs and gear combinations overpowered. I'm really sick of seeing call out for nerfs simply because they get killed in 1v1's. If you don't have concrete evidence to backup your claims, you're doing nothing but causing unwarranted trolling.

I do think that the other Tank classes should be able to put out similar numbers to Tank Assassin's, but that's another matter and this isn't the place to discuss it.

This video is infiltration and the burst is OP (needs nerf), survivability needs buffing.

We are talking about the "hybrid".

This is probably done as infiltration with taunts, take a look at the republic group in first one, total noobs, half of them were probably not even geared correctly.

This is his spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMszbskbZZf0cRR.1

Edit: Here is his livestream as well, with archived videos.

http://www.twitch.tv/zap55

Edited by KonohaFlash

This is probably done as infiltration with taunts, take a look at the republic group in first one, total noobs, half of them were probably not even geared correctly.

And this right here is where you lost all credibility. You can clearly see in all screenshots the stance in which the assassin plays; Dark Charge. Since you are clearly so misinformed about the mirror of the very class you are playing, that is the tank stance; http://knotor.com/abilities/188181.

Heck you can even see guard toggled on in half of the screenshots.

Then ofc the best argument left "but they were noobs so doesnt count". That argument may be valid if only one screenshot was provided but wow, this guy has got a whole album of them. Unless everybody on the entire server is a noob the argument aint going to work.

Between your lack of knowledge and then the typical noob claim, I dont think anything more you post will have any particular credit to it.

Edited by JackMinn

While I don't agree with your suggestions OP, I do /support that Madness and Deception need a overhaul.

From a sin forced to play Hybrid just to be competitive with all the other lame hybrids and Turtle setups.

Lets hope:

1. Tanks get there damage nurfed, hard!

2. Guard gets toned down a tad, 30/35% should do?

3. Healing get a decent nurf, but damage is brought in line to match this.

4. DR added to CC as resolve fails, until we get this healing will be alpha.

5. More viable and less simplistic rotation for deception because 2 builders then a big hit is very easy to defend against.

I highly doubt to see any deception Assassins in top level rated play (.

So basically:

Make tanks complete **** and make DPS specs gods. Because DPS needs to rule PvP like it has in every game. HURR DURR DAMAGE! FACEROLL!

Sorry, can't hold back my disdain for all the loldpsderps hating on tanks in this game. Heals too for the most part. Unless of course those heals are directed soley at the derpdps so he can continue facerolling his way to victory.

And this right here is where you lost all credibility. You can clearly see in all screenshots the stance in which the assassin plays; Dark Charge. Since you are clearly so misinformed about the mirror of the very class you are playing, that is the tank stance; http://knotor.com/abilities/188181.

Then ofc the best argument left "but they were noobs so doesnt count". That argument may be valid if only one screenshot was provided but wow, this guy has got a whole album of them. Unless everybody on the entire server is a noob the argument aint going to work.

Between your lack of knowledge and then the typical noob claim, I dont think anything more you post will have any particular credit to it.

I didn't realize the screenshots were posted by the sin doing the damage, so I didn't bother to look at the character bar. I took a 5 second look at the original link provided, I am sorry for my mistake.

there are a lot of variables and factors that play into a wz.. taking a screenshot like that arnt proof enough . you can find vanguards / powertechs do 800k+ in damage and good protection.

and all of these might have pocket healers / good organized grps . tkae that into account ok?

Calling a class OP because it can get all around good stats does not make sense at all, besides I am sure I have seen Vanguards/Guardians doing massive damage with the tank tree. I cannot be bothered to find SSs but I know they exist.

Ah so at first your argument began with "we who oppose the nerf have provided substantial evidence in the form of words and misguided opinions, while you who claim the assassins are OP have no proof". Now we give you proof and yet you dismiss it and fall short handed when you now hold the burden of proof.

Though I can completley assure you. It is 100% impossible for a guardian to get anywhere near the vicinity of 750k damage in a single target spec. In fact the only viable single target spec demands the guardian to be in a dps stance thus stripping it of its defense. The aoe spec serves as a gimmick and lacks the utility that guardians need to play for objectives + is getting nerfed already.

As for vanguards, I missed the part where they had in combat stealth and self heals.

Heh, its going to be a bit harder now to talk your way out of this one. But I suppose you will simply shrug it off and say "But... but... " while not saying anything substantial.