Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

HOW DARE THEY NOT LET ME IN NOW?!

What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Take my girlfriend out? screw that! get my hair cut? I r a hippie i don't du hair cutz! Step away from my compter, are you insane?!!?!?!?!?!

BROOKLYN RAGE!!!!

Wait... I'm not from Brooklyn.... and hmmm... taking my girlfriend out does seem like it'd be more fun than...

(The following thread has been brought to you by the letters G-E-T -A- L-I-F- AND -E- and the number 3.)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 more mmo with stupid start.

what is it that you guys dont understand? This isnt the Release of the game! its a launch for early game accsess! And it said you MAY!! MAAAAY!!! play up to 5 days earlier... And do you guys have any idea what would happend if you let everybody in? Server crash and who knows what! so instead QQ'ing, think locigal.

http://twitter.com/swtor

Just look at that if you want to know for sure when the waves are sent out.

It's better that they are sending out their invites in waves so they don't run into problems. They probably expected people to get upset, too. Either way just be patient, everyone who pre-ordered will get their EGA, it's a first come first serve situation pretty much, so be patient and have a cookie.

I like how i keep hearing this first come first serve, yes honestly i wouldnt have a problem with this if i didnt pre order my game july 24th ( still no invite to game access) and know people who preordered the game last week and are already playing the game. doesnt sound like much of a first come first serve concept. further more, 4 waves a day? from what i have seen the servers are running on mostly low poplation. when i was in the beta for your launch stress test, every single server was full, and starting areas still were not all that bad. so what constitutes the reasoning behind only 4 waves a day. and the relatively small amount per wave at that. GG Bioware.

EGA dependance on pre-order date is not so good idea. there is no real difference between guy who paid 5$ in july and guy who paid the same 3 weeks ago. no difference at all.

Anyway, I go my real copy beside me and I paid for it already and I have 3 months subsription paid either. But I'll not take EGA early cuz I ordered in October. So, who should be really rewarded by EGA? They should do random ppl mixed together EGA not based on pre-order time, because it's stupid.

So I pre-ordered in August. I'm not in yet. I'm also not raging. I understand why they're doing this. Sure, I already paid in full my Pre-Order. Sure I'd love to be playing right now. But I for one would rather get in and play a smooth game. Not sit in a 6 hour que and then have the game crash because some people who think they're more entitled than every other person who's pre-ordered wants to get in at the same time. Edited by LordAlastor

Ok every mmo I have ever played and has early game access has let every one on at the same time I will not get the name I want and more I am sorry I paid 150 for this game I would think I should have a chance to get the name I would want. There are people creating tons a more then 1 server to save it for a friend so is it right I don’t get my name are even get the same amount of play time as other people. They where glad to have my money. Didn’t have a problem doing that. Then they say some people will only get a day that is not what I paid for you can come up with all kinds of crap they are screwing people over. And it is wrong either every one that paid a price gets the same treatment are no one

Yea. This is going to fail because a bunch of whining babies who were told to expect no more than 5 days of early access, got a bit more. Just because you are not in yet doesnt mean that you have to bash the game. You know you will be playing well more than two months down the road.

Empty threats was all they had left...and you took them away.

I like you.

PATIENCE my young Padawans/Apprentices...

One, two, one, two, three, four

(whistle)

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you

I'm still alright to smile

SWTOR, I think bout you every day now

Was a time when I wasn't sure

But you set my mind at ease

There is no doubt you're in my heart now

Said SWTOR take it slow, and it'll work itself out fine

All we need is just a little patience

Said SWTOR take it slow and we'll come together fine

All we need is just a little patience

(patience)

Mmmm, yeah

I sit here in my chair

'Cause I'd rather be alone

If I can't have you right now I'll wait dear

Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed up the time

But you know love there's one more thing to consider

Said SWTOR take it slow and it'll work itself out fine

You and I'll just use a little patience

Said SWTOR take the time cause the lights are shining bright

You and I've got what it takes to make it

We won't fake it, I'll never break it

'Cause I can't take it

(whistle)

Little patience, mmm yeah, mm yeah

Need a little patience, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah

Some more patience, yeah

Could use some patience, yeah

Gotta have some patience, yeah

All it takes is patience

Just a little patience

Is all you need (background vocals)

I've been watching the forums at night

Just trying to get it right

Its hard to see with so many around

You know I don't like being stuck in the crowd

And the whiners don't change

But maybe the names

I ain't got time for the game cause I need you

Yeah, yeah, yeah, 'cause I need you

Ooo I need you, whoa I need you

Ooooh, all this time

(ah)

You can't be Serious?????

They may be serious, but here's the problem:

These folks who keep saying "I pre-ordered [some earlier date] than [someone else who is already in]" may have pre-ordered early, but probably failed to register their pre-order code until later, if at all. EGA is based on the date the pre-order code was registered on SWTOR, not the date one actually pre-ordered with a vendor.

good for you!! They said up to 5 days, great, THEY said EA is based on when you redeemed your code, LIE. It's been proven. So how can you trust anything you are told by them? or are you just a fanboi

Oh no, they're are so terrible, instead of getting up to 5 days, people will actually get up to 7 days. Darn Bioware, and their lying! ;) /sarc

How about some hope to chew on?

How many pre-orders?

how many waves?

What was the original distribution of waves (x waves total)/(y days of preorder play) = # of waves per day?

How many waves per day estimated and how many people in each wave?

What will happen to guilds who cannot get their entire membership into the same server becuase the fill up?

How many invites per wave? You could even go as far as posting each wave with a number, and defining each wave by a date range of when people pre-ordered.

OMG- then we could plan days off from work.

I repeat myself because everyone else is too..

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/oldneb/chart.jpg