Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the rolling start- I do find it silly that they 'can't tell' when we'll have access to the game when they've already decided on a set amount of people each day. Just tell us which day we'll most likely get our invite on and most people will go away.

That being said...my house is looking so freaking clean! lol

Edited by alwayshuntress
somehow wrong quote quoted :P

I keep reading peoples comments on how Bioware is keeping us informed and the lack of it. So how do we know they haven't been informing us. The thread is growing so fast I can't even view all the pages if I want to keep up! lol

Either way, I honestly find this thread something amazing. It's become it's own beast! This has gotta go on youtube or get reported to the Guinness World Records.

I just want to express my opnion. If all us paid the same we should begin at the same time. What about the screen names that are gonna be picked? Im sorry i know ots not easy but if other games do early acces whiout that ******** waves system i dont see why you cant.

A bad beguining

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12.13.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.02.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.27.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

PEACE OUT!!!

1) Even if i had to pay 1$ for a service i am still a paying customer. It is not my fault you charge that much for a service... It is yours.

As long as i have paid for a service i expect to go in when you open doors. You either open doors for everyone or you don't open em at all. You had all the BETA stress tests to test your servers.

- if you dont get in up to (UP TO) 5 days early you have a case. as of today it is 7 Days early. keep in mind, the 19th is still early. Learn to read.

2) Why some people think that because they made a purchase earlier than me, have more rights than me? When they first announced preorder did they mention that they will apply this policy of "WAVES" for invites in the game? No. The fact that i have other obligations in RL and i cannot read this website every day make me less important than other people that spend they whole day refreshing a page?

If you were first in line on boxing day for a sale of an item that was on a huge sale and the person behind you got it and you didnt would you be a little miffed? the earlier you pre-order the sooner you get in. its a simple reward system.

3) This is an MMO game. We play MMOs to be able to play with friends. My friends are already in game. By the time i get in my friends will be level 20-30. Why you put me in the tough spot to ask em to wait for me? Why should i level up alone?

This is a game launch that is larger than any other MMO in existence. i would say that if they said. alrite everyong GO, you would still be waiting for your friends or they would be waiting for you because the servers would crash. again, your lack of technology knowledge is discerning.

4) I have been playing MMOs for years and this is the first time i experience a wave invite.

Which onces have you played? probably ones that have a fraction of the amount of people waiting to play this. Wow had this for a bunch of their launches and when they didnt stagger or do rolling restarts, which is the exact same thing, they had crashes and lag so bad that it was unplayable.

In my humble opinion this is wrong.

Always with respect .... Thank you for reading.

in my humble opinion YOU are wrong. it is best thought of like this. pretend this is a special one day christmas sale. your in line. the earlier you lined up the sooner you get in. works the same way as console releases and game launches. the spots availible per day are the same as the quantity availible on the first day of release.

You do know Irregardless to population problems and Lack of Servers, as from Dec 15th-20th I'm sure getting the rest up (whether it be more in US/Europe's server being put up (I feel for you who preorded tho if you don't also get into the war over getting into a US server and trying to stay on for 24hrs to play)) Every preorder Should have access to the game in 2 days time. That being said, the 13th-14th night time is probably all those early people getting in. Wouldn't personally be surprised its for the July Preorders. My preorder was last week, the code entered in the same day. I expect the 15th to be able to get in on the war of population (i get an edge of being able to get access around 1pm before work/school rush begins between 5-8pm est)

those of you hovering your email accounts. do something else. They cant Advertise playing 5 days at least, and not give it out by that date. Thats just a lawsuit waiting to happen. Heck maybe the really early is Beta testers. who knows.

I shall patiently wait the 2 day time frame to get on. to all you waiting I feel your pain but. It will come, Patience is a Virtue.