Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, just because you Pre-Ordered the 21st/22/whatever doesnt mean your in first. Its not based on actual order date, its based on when you put in your pre-order code. It is not when you pre-ordered, just when you put in the code on this site. Also, look at the pre-order stuff all over the website. it says "Up to 5 days early" still, so be happy if you get in sooner then that, and don't be surprised if you get in on the weekend.

Guys, only 4 waves today makes a lot of sense. Out of the people invited so far, not NEARLY everyone got to play yet. Many are stuck at school, work, etc., and will be for the next 3-7 hrs. When they all get home, all hell is going to break loose. If that period coincides with a 5th wave, the servers will explode. They have to make sure the servers will survive the primetime tonight, with what they already have. Depending on how it plays out, it could mean more/less waves tomorrow.

No the servers will not explode they had full ques on the servers during beta and they pre loaded guilds into servers so they have a pretty good idea of the number of players on each server all ready. Sorry they wanted to create urgency with the first come first serve. Everyone will be playing in 3 days regardless of when you preordered.

Sorry Bioware

But your system, apart being a security belt for your release date, is a source of frustration for all the players.

Did we all pre order? yes

Did we all pay the same price? yes

Did we buy the same product? yes

So why dont we have all the same customer service (i.e game access) ?

Such act is barely legal in some countries...

Did we all pre-order the same day? No

u started so soon good thing i didnt get in yet i just woke up lol but then again if i had an email for it when i got up that would of been nice lol lets hope this good really good and we all in by tomorrow? lol

Why does it say under my account page i have my information checked, i have my security questions, but for "REDEEM A PRODUCT ACTIVATION CODE" it is blank,faded like there isnt one and i know there is cause when i click on my preorder link it says i am when i click on "REDEEM A PRODUCT ACTIVATION CODE" it wants me to put in a code again, i even went to Origin and got my code and put it in again and it says it has been used. wth? Is it only like this cause i haven't gotten my early access email yet ?? :confused:

Wish you guys just let everyone in on one day but in waves cause everyones friends are gonna be ahead and such. Its like those who had all the cash to burn get to play first :/ i didnt have a chance to know if id get this till Oct 10. Either way cant wait till i am in. Still never heard of a mmo doing waves and making everyone else sit back and feel ashamed cause they didnt have the money at the time to pre order :confused:

I find it funny that people are actually whining about not getting in on the 1st out of 7 days of early access when there was originally only supposed to be 5 days of early access.

It's the same as saying "OMG I DIDN'T GET INTO THE GAME BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE... BIOWARE SUCKS!!"

I wonder where are the promises, that it will depend on when you redeemed your preorder code, when will you get in the game. It seems to me, that it is completely random. My friends, who redeemed their codes MUCH later (like 2months later) than I did, are already in the game and I didn't recieve my email, and can't play the game..

But some people don't HAVE to wait...and didn't have to wait. Others did. Others are. They are NOT doing a good job with customer service. Stringing people along with no ETAs, no solid information about what times or even days people should be expecting to get in, is terrible business practice. "Wait and see," is not good. Countless disappointments when wave after wave passes and people are still waiting only sours the experience further.

They are treating it as first come first serve when dealing with a massive pool of customers and a legitimate concern/inability to service them all at once that is the single fairest way to treat people.

And it is a real concern that every single one of the pre-orders log into their servers at once immediately once they get access to the game that their servers will crash, become 1000% laggy and will generally screw the entire player base for their eagerness to play the game. Thats how sites and other online services crash by being overloaded by requests (basic forum of internet hackers use to crash another sites servers is to spam them until they crash duh)

Considering the first several waves went ahead of schedule and early access got bumped up like 2 days a week or so ago any ETA they would give out would likely not be followed to heart and they should know this.

Just chill out and play another game for awhile.

You know that is all good and all. I do not mind the staggered access. How ever only 4 waves today that is the part that is not good. Waves should be rolling out well into the evening/night.

omg the early access isn'r really till the 15th, why so basement? Bio owes u not a thing atm!

What a crap way to launch your EGA lol... I'm potentially waiting 'behind' people who have access but are at work or unaware they have access etc. At least with mass server queues I know I'm waiting behind other people who are actually trying to play the game.

Bla bla bla...I pre-ordered your game to get early access, and where is it? Ohh in wave 134??

On what date did you register the pre-access code? Anything later than July and my best bet is thursday at best.

Bioware have said "up to 5 days pre-access" and today is 7 days ahead of launch day. I can't even fathom how you even dare to complain?

I pre ordered this morning and I'm in ;) hoooray sorry for you guys that ordered uber early

Hahaha, you're just mean, Mister!!! :) May rakhghouls eat your brain the minute you land on Taris!

I'm waiting patiently, just hope I'll get in by Friday night so I can play during weekend. :) We'll see...