Warning -The gimme Moar crew has a new Approach

Jrovak

They now want bolstering to apply past 50 apparently it lvls playfield better than getting free stuff..

how did it happen?

some bioware Mor..dev asked comunity opininon about removing expertise. Yes you heard me right lol

then at some point after 6 pages of brainstorming some serious garbage illuminated by my expert trolling, one of them came up with the bolstering idea pass 50.

initially I had some serious good moment laughing IRL

they now all rallying behind it.. unbeleivable

this is gonna hurt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The politically correct trend is spreading like wildfire through the gaming communities.

First there's:

-Are you saying that you only play for gear? You can't beat someone with the same stats as yourself? (I don't actually have a problem with that but if that's how it's going to be then they better make sure that I can buy endgame PvE gear too so that I dont have to hear "sorry, not geared enough" by the PvE'ers. If you arent geared you might take a beating for a while in PVP but if you arent geared in PvE you dont get to play at all. I rather play and get my *** handed to me once in a while than not play at all.)

Just to be followed by:

-Yeah I totally want a system with progression and unlockables. (where's the logic?)

That in mind, I'm freaking surprised that they're introducing the Ranked WZ. It won't take long until the casuals are starting to complain about level elitism, regardless of whether or not they actually play Ranked or have any interest in it. This has killed FPS and it will ruin every other game and genre on the planet too. Everything will become one, long never-ending match in which scores arent tracked and everyone is equal.

The next step is to only allow one class to PvP. Everything els could possibly be unfair to someone.

Edited by MidichIorian

I have never once qq'd about pvp in this game. I absolutely love pvp in this game and don't really have a problem with ranked gear being given to anyone who wants to earn it with the real rewards being mounts and such.... but bolstering past 50 would absolutely lose the pvp crowd of this game. The gear is easy to get. I can't believe people would support this idea. Just tell the have nots to grind out some gear. Do they really feel such a false sense of entitlement that they want to ding 50 and instantly stomp a team of warlords? Give me a break

They now want bolstering to apply past 50 apparently it lvls playfield better than getting free stuff..

how did it happen?

some bioware Mor..dev asked comunity opininon about removing expertise. Yes you heard me right lol

then at some point after 6 pages of brainstorming some serious garbage illuminated by my expert trolling, one of them came up with the bolstering idea pass 50.

initially I had some serious good moment laughing IRL

they now all rallying behind it.. unbeleivable

this is gonna hurt

So the link to this is where? ya thought so ....

I really could not think of anything that didn't sound like a troll, so I'll simply say this to 50 Bolster:

No.

Go get BM gear in 1.2. Its practically thrown at you. Save 1k WZ commendations before 1.2 goes live and then do a couple WZ after 1.2 goes live. You'll have at least 1 piece of armor, or possibly 2 pieces of non-armor gear such as implants/relics/earpiece/etc.

So the link to this is where? ya thought so ....

begining first 6 page is about expertise some rubbish and some PPL trying hard to explain to them why expertise is there ( waste of time)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=373036

then on page 6 this appears:

You know guys, i thought about the problem for a while. Why shouldnt bolster system lower level 50 geared players stats to match stats of lower level players bolstered to lvl 50 avarage stats(setting base for avarege stat lvl 50 should have, for EVERYONE at that level, even with much better gear-that, OR calculating avarege stat lvl for players present in current game-like we got some awesome geared players in game, and some crappy geared ones, system would draw avarage of their stats to bolster every player to, to make game competitive for everyone)? This way raiding gear wouldnt dominate pvp completely, expertise wouldnt be needed, and pvp would be done more for fun, not for hardcore grinding same 3 maps endlessly.

If im wrong in my logic, please enlighten me.

and they gone wild from that from page 6 to page 14+

its very entertaining thread I recomend it

Edited by Jrovak

Have you seen what Facebook is doing? If you play like Farmville, Castleville, Cityville, or Villeville, you get rinky dink little "quests" such as "Harvest 5 Corn!"

...OR pay 20 Horseshoes!

You can either plant 5 Corn, wait 5 minutes, then gather it up, or if you don't want to wait that long to complete the mission, you can pay 20 Horseshoes to autocomplete the quest immediately.

You can buy like 200 Horseshoes for around $149.99 Real. Life. Dollars.

Bioware should look into this. Want a Rakata Chest? Kill Hard Mode Soa!

...OR pay 20 Rusty Power Converters!

People will do it. I know a girl who does. Her farm is a great big clusterfrack of shat. Pigs can't even turn around, I should call PETA.

...Or pay 20 Horseshoes.

Edited by Arlanon

Do they really feel such a false sense of entitlement that they want to ding 50 and instantly stomp a team of warlords? Give me a break

In a word...?

Yes.

And the bioware dev's are listening to them. First they undermine my valor grind to 60 by making it three times as fast for everyone else.

Then they've decided that simply wasn't fast enough so now everyone can just buy battlemaster gear off the godamn rack.

Finally they undermine my endgame raid gear by letting everyone get better than it without ever setting foot in a raid. Daily's are just fine for that, no problem.

Christ why don't we just let everyone start at level fifty? The one to fifty process is literally the only accomplishment I've netted on my character which hasn't been trivialized or taken away subsequently by bioware.

So... lets get on that. Leveling to fifty should take no longer than ten minutes, get on it bioware. Every swtor subscriber needs/deserves to have the best gear in the game right away, and that long 1-50 grind is just getting in the way of it, and is of course totally unfaaaaaair. Why should players who've put more time in, and accomplished more in game feats than you have better levels and equipment?!?

Fix it plox bioware.

Edited by CanisAquilus

They alresdy obtained free BM gear now they start thinking "hey some these teams are gonna be quite good"

I STILL CAN"T COMPETE AT EQUAL GEAR..

SO..

I want ranked game with a bolster system..

hehe

there is just no stoping them lol

Edited by Jrovak

An a De-Bolster system if you or your team have an arbitrary Ranking level.

Did you see that conversation rolls for social points are getting updated so that the same person can't win a conversation roll twice in a row? Cause that's just not fair either.

An a De-Bolster system if you or your team have an arbitrary Ranking level.

Did you see that conversation rolls for social points are getting updated so that the same person can't win a conversation roll twice in a row? Cause that's just not fair either.

I have 10 point in social,l so no..

In a word...?

Yes.

And the bioware dev's are listening to them. First they undermine my valor grind to 60 by making it three times as fast for everyone else.

Then they've decided that simply wasn't fast enough so now everyone can just buy battlemaster gear off the godamn rack.

Finally they undermine my endgame raid gear by letting everyone get better than it without ever setting foot in a raid. Daily's are just fine for that, no problem.

Christ why don't we just let everyone start at level fifty? The one to fifty process is literally the only accomplishment I've netted on my character which hasn't been trivialized or taken away subsequently by bioware.

So... lets get on that. Leveling to fifty should take no longer than ten minutes, get on it bioware. Every swtor subscriber needs/deserves to have the best gear in the game right away, and that long 1-50 grind is just getting in the way of it, and is of course totally unfaaaaaair. Why should players who've put more time in, and accomplished more in game feats than you have better levels and equipment?!?

Fix it plox bioware.

This sums up exactly how I feel about what Bioware are currently doing. I even had some scrub complain to me earlier, that it's not fair that people can group for normal (current) warzones and run premades against pugs, it's not fair on the casuals. If you don't want to get rolled by a premade, get some friends and group up.

Honestly, if Bioware keep heading down this road of just bending over backwards to accommodate lazy players who get their knickers in a twist because some people worked for gear and they didn't, then I'll be mashing that subscription cancel button straight away and I won't be coming back.

The thing that really get's my goat is that they use the line "Well you need gear to beat people, you don't have any skill, you don't want an equal footing" as the justification for getting free / easymode gear. Well guess what, you might have the gear handed to you, but you won't have the skill, because those players who ran warzone after warzone to get their valor rank, will still crush you. What are you going to complain about then?

Edited by Archaar

At that point it will be nerf this that and the other.

Umpteen years of MMO history and Bioware hasn't yet learned the Golden Rule of MMO's: your subs are dumb, don't listen to a word they say.

In fact, if I were a GM, I'd take it a step further and do the exact opposite of what they say.

Edited by Arlanon

ohhh, bolster at 50

Thanks for bringing that to my attention so I Can cast my vote in favor it doing that.

And here is why:

PVP should be about SKILL, COMPETITION, and TEAMWORK.

all the kiddies want mad pvp lutez so they can faceroll anyone they come across. They (the kiddies) are not interested in skill, competition or teamwork they just wanna pwn n00bz and who off their gear so everyone knows how great they are.

This sums up exactly how I feel about what Bioware are currently doing. I even had some scrub complain to me earlier, that it's not fair that people can group for normal (current) warzones and run premades against pugs, it's not fair on the casuals. If you don't want to get rolled by a premade, get some friends and group up.

Honestly, if Bioware keep heading down this road of just bending over backwards to accommodate lazy players who get their knickers in a twist because some people worked for gear and they didn't, then I'll be mashing that subscription cancel button straight away and I won't be coming back.

The thing that really get's my goat is that they use the line "Well you need gear to beat people, you don't have any skill, you don't want an equal footing" as the justification for getting free / easymode gear. Well guess what, you might have the gear handed to you, but you won't have the skill, because those players who ran warzone after warzone to get their valor rank, will still crush you. What are you going to complain about then?

I posted the quote

they want a bolster system that puts everyone on an average lvl of skills and this gets even better if YOUR stats are HIGHER that the calculated AVERAGE yu get DOWNGRADED to the average value.

that way we can ALL enjoy FAIR AND BALANCED PvP..

Yu have to be srsly effed up to come up with something that brilliant lol