If Healing nerf over sages goes live...whats the point of the class?

Tonhl

Paper wearing armour

castable instant shield every 17 secs (if talented and with pvp pieces) that absorbs 1 hit (if we lucky)

long castable heals

long channeled heal

No instants heals

very low survivability

We were already sitting ducks, now we are like dead beavers to the enemy who jumps on you/pulls you/stuns you, KB you, interrupt you, etc. etc. etc.

Really, what's the point of a healing sage now?

And im NOT speaking about DPS, something needed to be done (even if is too much the nerf imo).

I will never understand why bioware hates so much healers....

Paper wearing armour

castable instant shield every 17 secs (if talented and with pvp pieces) that absorbs 1 hit (if we lucky)

long castable heals

long channeled heal

No instants heals

very low survivability

We were already sitting ducks, now we are like dead beavers to the enemy who jumps on you/pulls you/stuns you, KB you, interrupt you, etc. etc. etc.

And im NOT speaking about DPS, something needed to be done (even if is too much the nerf imo).

So all the marauder/sentinel rerollers can feel like gods and have something to slaughter?

Paper wearing armour

long castable heals

long channeled heal

No instants heals

very low survivability

So you can still be the king of Huttball. And eventhough you're getting nerfed (just like pretty much every other class), expertise is getting buffed, so your heals will be stronger.

So you can still be the king of Huttball. And eventhough you're getting nerfed (just like pretty much every other class), expertise is getting buffed, so your heals will be stronger.

Sure, with my 2.5 sec castable heal that is interrupted (hell i even got interrupted in the 1.4 secs cast one) is ZERO+25%=ZERO.

So is ZERO buff, and ALL nerf to healing sages

And beside the fact we don't have instant heals we also got no heavy armour, no abilities to reduce dmg, etc. etc. etc.

So is a severe nerf, unneded, uncalled and game destroyng for sages (if it goes live ofc)

Sure, with my 2.5 sec castable heal that is interrupted (hell i even got interrupted in the 1.4 secs cast one) is ZERO+25%=ZERO.

And beside the fact we don't have instant heals we also got no heavy armour, no abilities to reduce dmg, etc. etc. etc.

So is a severe nerf, unneded, uncalled and game destroyng for sages (if it goes live ofc)

Doesn't your dispell have a heal on it but it's very small? Don't you have a bubble that prevents damage? Don't you have CC? Don't you have a knock back that can be talented to root? Don't you have a bubble that can talent to blind the target? Don't you have a bubble that can be talented to increase run speed? Don't you have a sprint?

I agree with the OP. what makes it suck worse is a BH with gear can also heal a ton and take monster amounts of damage. I already do next to no damage choosing to invest fully in healing. I might as well spec to be DPS.

I find it funny that people always complain that sorcs are over powered but when it comes time to works as a team and mark them and focus on them there is usually no one there at all. 2 or 3 DPS people can take them out in less then 10 seconds.

I'm not saying keep it as is now because high crit chance = unlimited force but surely there is a better way to fix it. Maybe we can have it where it will only have a 50 percent chance to grant the ability when resurgence hits.

But if it does go live the BH would be the better healer by far thanks to his ability to shoot you with healing shots which take no heat and gives the BH unlimited heals also its alot faster the then the sorcs heal over time. They were pretty even. as it is right now.

I agree with the OP. what makes it suck worse is a BH with gear can also heal a ton and take monster amounts of damage. I already do next to no damage choosing to invest fully in healing. I might as well spec to be DPS.

I find it funny that people always complain that sorcs are over powered but when it comes time to works as a team and mark them and focus on them there is usually no one there at all. 2 or 3 DPS people can take them out in less then 10 seconds.

I'm not saying keep it as is now because high crit chance = unlimited force but surely there is a better way to fix it. Maybe we can have it where it will only have a 50 percent chance to grant the ability when resurgence hits.

But if it does go live the BH would be the better healer by far thanks to his ability to shoot you with healing shots which take no heat and gives the BH unlimited heals also its alot faster the then the sorcs heal over time. They were pretty even. as it is right now.

The BH is already the better healer, what are you complaining about.

You'll all be fine. STOP THE QQ

Doesn't your dispell have a heal on it but it's very small? Don't you have a bubble that prevents damage? Don't you have CC? Don't you have a knock back that can be talented to root? Don't you have a bubble that can talent to blind the target? Don't you have a bubble that can be talented to increase run speed? Don't you have a sprint?

But if you invest heavily in the healing tree you lose the knock back root and you lose the blind the target.

what they need to do is make it so sorcs can DPS or heal. Not both

yes a 450 instan heal will save my day

yes my 3k bubble every 17 secs (if talented and in pvp gear, so no speed buff) will prevent maybe 1 hits (usually not) is the key to defeating the enemy..but unfortunately the imp will be STILL on me....

sure my 2min cd 2 sec stun will save my day, or my 3 secs castable 9 sec duration force liflt?

And my knock back every 20 secs that knocks ppl over 3 meters everytime? oh will do the trick sure!

And the sprint....yay 1.5 sec sprint that is IMMEDIATELY interrupted by jump, roots, stuns, etc. etc. etc.

and yes, in a 31 31 31 talent build i can also do good dps and have all the abilty you speak about

Is clear you never played a sage and you just live by looking at talent tress.

The BH is already the better healer, what are you complaining about.

You'll all be fine. STOP THE QQ

With the evidences that you cannot counter the kid inside you came out. Thanks, from now on your comments can be ignored freely.

Go back playng your easy-mode class you'll have lotta fun in 1.2

1 person on you shouldnt be a problem. One KB gives you a heal, another cc gives you a heal. If they break that cc, you run and maybe get another heal, if not, you have another cc for the heal...etc...

If more than 1 person on you? well what do you want? To live through 2-3 people focus fire on you?

The most important thing a Healer needs to learn is not how to heal, is how to stay behind the scene. Unless you get marked of course, then you're screwed lol

yes a 450 instan heal will save my day

yes my 3k bubble every 17 secs (if talented and in pvp gear, so no speed buff) will prevent maybe 1 hits (usually not) is the key to defeating the enemy..but unfortunately the imp will be STILL on me....

sure my 2min cd 2 sec stun will save my day, or my 3 secs castable 9 sec duration force liflt?

And my knock back every 20 secs that knocks ppl over 3 meters everytime? oh will do the trick sure!

And the sprint....yay 1.5 sec sprint that is IMMEDIATELY interrupted by jump, roots, stuns, etc. etc. etc.

and yes, in a 31 31 31 talent build i can also do good dps and have all the abilty you speak about

Is clear you never played a sage and you just live by looking at talent tress.

I said you can get those things not that you have them. Reading comprehension sir. It goes a long way.

1 min cd 2 second stun? Don't you share a 4 second stun with assassins that is on a 1min cool down... i'm pretty sure i got that at like level 6 on my assassin.

and 2 second stun i meant on the bubble. You have plenty of ways to keep someone off you you just have to know how to use them.

You can't be god and you're going to die sometimes.

With the evidences that you cannot counter the kid inside you came out. Thanks, from now on your comments can be ignored freely.

Go back playng your easy-mode class you'll have lotta fun in 1.2

What evidence do you need for the Merc/Commando healers to be the best?

My easy-mode class? Yeah and i'm the one not in the know.

What evidence do you need for the Merc/Commando healers to be the best?

My easy-mode class? Yeah and i'm the one not in the know.

If being in heavy armor is not good enough, the evidence is Mer/commando healers are getting a decent nerf in 1.2

Yeah if i had 61 talent points?

I said you can get those things not that you have them. Reading comprehension sir. It goes a long way.

1 min cd 2 second stun? Don't you share a 4 second stun with assassins that is on a 1min cool down... i'm pretty sure i got that at like level 6 on my assassin.

and 2 second stun i meant on the bubble. You have plenty of ways to keep someone off you you just have to know how to use them.

You can't be god and you're going to die sometimes.

I think his point is, that if he's healing spec he doesn't have the root. He doesn't have the blind. He doesn't have insta WW. As dmg continues to go up, the bubble will become even less useful than it is now. Our CC and mitigation as healers are actually much weaker than say DPS hybrids, who manage to grab all the CC from both dps trees. He can be a healing hybrid and get a bit more CC, but then you lose the top end healing talents.

Course, the big one is the free consumption/NS. Since we're losing that anyways, maybe giving up the other top talents for more survivability will be a better trade-off after 1.2 goes in. I guess we'll just have to see.

You can still spam force lightning like the rest of the bads.

Now go away.

Sages cant even spam instant lightining like sorc, we got the 1.5 sec "instant" delayed version lol (nj bioware in "mirroring" the class).

And i really hope to you haters of the healer class, to never get healed again in any game you will ever play from now to eternity...!

Force Healing is getting nerfed because it's too powerful in PvE. Anyone with half a brain could tell that Sorcerers/Sages were overpowered compared to other healing classes (and have been since launch). Edited by MorgonKara

Force Healing is getting nerfed because it's too powerful in PvE. Anyone with half a brain could tell that Sorcerers/Sages were overpowered compared to other healing classes (and have been since launch).

So, assuming is that tue, why in hell nerfing a class in PVP when is good in PVE?

Please explain your logic?

For the OP, you will still have a ton more utility than Ops and a better shield on a shorter cooldown. We get by as healers.

Also, healers are already on lock down by mara/sent. I'm taking a healer out of the fight no matter what if he lives or dies it's not about shredding them just keeping pressure up on them and i'm not the only class that can do this so i'm not sure on why the mara/sent hate in previous posts here.

Play a healer and you'll understand. Dual glowstickers stick out ahead of the other DPS by a sizable margin. The good ones are brutal. Especially if you're an operative and get squat for tools to deal with them.

And, of course, there's just some abilities they have that make you wonder what the devs were thinking. Force Camouflage, for example, is essentially the vanish abilities the stealth classes have when it comes to PvP, yet doesn't get the drawback, can be spec'd to have a bonus, and, oh, yeah, way shorter cooldown.

Edited by Battilea

Salvation and Force Armour are and will remain the two best 'heals' in the game. Force Sprint will remain the best healer escape mechanism (no, being able to vanish once every 3 minutes and losing all healing received for 10s afterwards is not even close in effectiveness.) Force will remain the best PVP healing resource because it gives you a large pool that refreshes whenever you die (it running out will be much less of an issue than in PVE.)

All in all, Sages and Sorcerers will remain a very strong healing class in PVP with lots of utility. Issues like being interpreted are no worse than for, say, Sawbones who have one instant cast (around 1.8s or so with talents and stats) that when it gets interrupted stops us generating Upper Hands and leaving us pretty screwed. Sorcerers will have to work harder now, but they aren't being nerfed as hard as Combat Medics and will still require less skill to play than Sawbones.