Dead world without events

RixoFutu

Now SW:TOR is just dead static world. So i was wondering when there will be some events? You know, like "this happend, new quest, first who done it will get that and that, others then that". Something like that. I want to feel like this world is changing, living. Who else is in this with me? :)

IME in game events are a huge waste of dev time.

Few people get to actually get involved in them, and typically the rewards are either meaningless or worse, far too much for what you do.

It takes a lot of resources that could be better used to make perm content that everyone will take part in.

Didn't they mention that dynamic events are right around the corner at the summit? Pretty sure they did.

;)

Long freaking corner that is... Must be something like Cape Town, cornered by a slow boat... Cause 1.2 is sure taking its time, I bet it's around the corner aswell.

In the meantime, world event: I'm getting undressed on Tatooine, 5 creds to watch :)

Long freaking corner that is... Must be something like Cape Town, cornered by a slow boat... Cause 1.2 is sure taking its time, I bet it's around the corner aswell.

In the meantime, world event: I'm getting undressed on Tatooine, 5 creds to watch :)

Welcome to MMO's. A month is a day in game development. But as long as they don't go overkill like Blizzard and make you wait 6 months for 2 days worth of content I won't complain.

Whether it's today or tomorrow, or next year, the point is that it's coming.

Also, I'm undressed on the fleet. Free.

Whether it's today or tomorrow, or next year, the point is that it's coming.

Also, I'm undressed on the fleet. Free.

Can you lend me 15 bucks? I promise you the time to give them back to you is around the corner.

+ I need entertainment. If you go to the cinema and buy tickets for a movie that is around the corner (God knows what corner and when), I am not sure you will be so relaxed.

PS: That is why I am getting undressed on Tatooine.

Few people get to actually get involved in them, and typically the rewards are either meaningless or worse, far too much for what you do.

It takes a lot of resources that could be better used to make perm content that everyone will take part in.

I agree with this. How dead a game world feels is also dependent on what the expectations are of the player and thier imagination limits.

Rumor is: The first event is going to be a tattoine hot air balloon race.

Will the balloon still disappear from under you and leave you breathlessly watching the middle of the freaking desert after spending 30 min on it?

Will the balloon still disappear from under you and leave you breathlessly watching the middle of the freaking desert after spending 30 min on it?

I didn't say 'the balloon,' I said a hot air balloon race, much like those that happen in our world. So it will have many balloons, not just one. And yes, everyone will be dropped near the end of the race :p

I didn't say 'the balloon,' I said a hot air balloon race, much like those that happen in our world. So it will have many balloons, not just one. And yes, everyone will be dropped near the end of the race :p

Sign me up, then.

So, world event: me naked riding hot air balloon in Tat race, 10 cred to watch, 15 cred to photo. I upped the ante. :)

^I'm not going to get any rewards so don't do this, please work on stuff that will benefit me and my play style.

Fixed it for you.

ha ha ha...

Either you wait for a patch (COME ON, a game releasing their first major content patch within only 3-4 months after launch??) ...

Or you think the patch had too little content...

Or you're pissed off because there are bugs..

which one do you prefer?

We can discuss this in tatooine.. I'll bring a jawa.