Can we get more character creation slots?

juve

With the Legacy system being implemented in 1.2 patch, we could use some more character creation slots per server. I'm guessing most of us already max out our characters and we would like to create more for the upcoming patch. I don't want to delete any of my current characters to make a pure Sith Jedi. It shouldn't be hard to implement.

Edit: Can we now send items from Empire to Republic and vise versa with the new patch?

Edited by juve

I agree..I already have one of each class which, of course, fills my char list. Since Legacy stuff is tied to the server..we NEED more slots. To not give us any just shows more bad-decision making on EAWare's part.

that said....$100 says the "extra slots" we get cost extra $$ (like FF11, EQ2, and others)..pay $20 get 2 more slots or some drivel like that.

you watch...cash shop coming soon!!! with expanded char slots per server!

mark it.

absolutely second that

Nevermind that the "level 50 special class power" option for all characters within the Legacy almost mandates having a char of each class on a server.

Which would actually mean the end of one of my two troopers or bountyhunters. Plus not having to reroll an existing toon just to try a Twilek trooper or Chiss Jedi

I would be happy to pay a fee for a "adventurer pack expansion" that grants you 4 to 8 more slots even if its just on 1 server.

Course it would be nicer to get it for free. Or allow you to link two servers to your account that the legacy is shared across.

I would be happy to pay a fee for a "adventurer pack expansion" that grants you 4 to 8 more slots even if its just on 1 server.

Don't give them ideas involving our cash !

Course it would be nicer to get it for free. Or allow you to link two servers to your account that the legacy is shared across.

..actually, that's a very nice idea

With the Legacy system being implemented in 1.2 patch, we could use some more character creation slots per server. I'm guessing most of us already max out our characters and we would like to create more for the upcoming patch. I don't want to delete any of my current characters to make a pure Sith Jedi. It shouldn't be hard to implement.

Edit: Can we now send items from Empire to Republic and vise versa with the new patch?

Simply delete 1 or are all characters 50?

If so gz youll have no problem lvling another 3 on different server.

Bioware has more important issues and matters to attend than giving more space to those silly people creating 8 chars that are not 50 yet...

lvl 1 char to 50 then lvl another simple...dont bother forums and BW with this ideas

Edited by Sejia
rude

Bioware has more important issues and matters to attend than giving more space to those silly people creating 8 chars that are not 50 yet...

lvl 1 char to 50 then lvl another simple...dont bother forums and BW with this ideas

I hard a hard time understanding...... Why should I delete my characters? Most of my 8 characters are high leveled. How would you know if most players 8 characters are low leveled? Are you a psychic? It's not very hard to implement and I don't see how we're " crybabies" ........

Edited by Sejia
reply to rude

Why should I have to re-roll? Please me explain to me..... Why do you hate the idea?

Well you should reroll because YOU want to have addition char on THIS PARTICULAR REALM...

Right?

You couldnt have all classes and all race combinations before... you CANNOT have human x each class + twilek x each race etc etc...

Why do you think you deserve it now?

I hate the idea because BW has to fix other things before spending time(even if its 10 minutes of work) on such IRRELEVANT ISSUES of 1% of playerbase.

Edited by Alcarinn

Well you should reroll because YOU want to have addition char on THIS PARTICULAR REALM...

Right?

Not really, the legacy system wasn't part of the game at launch. I had no desire to make more than 8 characters on the same server.

You couldnt have all classes and all race combinations before... you CANNOT have human x each class + twilek x each race etc etc...

Now, since the legacy system is being implemented I'd like to advantage of it's perks by creating more characters on the same server.

Why do you think you deserve it now?

I hate the idea because BW has to fix other things before spending time(even if its 10 minutes of work) on such IRRELEVANT ISSUES of 1% of playerbase.

It has nothing to if you deserve it or not. I'd like to to get more character slots so I don't have start over on a new server. I'd like to continue with my friends, guildmates, etc..... I doubt it's only 1% of the player base who would like this. It's not a hard feature to implement and I don't see it as a terrible idea that would hurt the game.

sigh crybabies sigh

Just let me guess.... the different server people should re-roll to according to you would be Red Eclipse?

But basically: you simply don't get it. To you an MMO might mean "level to 50 in 2 weeks (too long!) and then start end-game", to others it does not.

MMO's also mean community and this MMO actually has a very interresting leveling experience compared to every single other MMO available. This game is VERY altoholic friendly.

So, deleting another character? Not an option, the highlevel characters are generally the characters you raid with, the main character where you keep your friendslist. Your friends and guildies will mainly know you as one of your high level characters.

Now add to that that there are 16 classes in this game, with only 8 characterslots available, this means we're 8 characterslots short. Playing Imp on one server vs Rep on another is not an option because Legacies don't carry over between servers. It also messes up the whole community thing again, splitting your playtime over two servers..

So you might claim that once you played a baseclass to 50, that you'll already know it's story, and people shouldn't roll another for the other AC? Has that EVER kept anyone from rolling two toons in WoW? No it didn't, we had altoholics there too, and there are even more altoholics in TOR. And let's not mention that the different character stories CAN result in different stories. You might find those differences neglible, others find them worth the effort. Some people find the difference between a Hand of Jadus and a Double Agent quite a radical difference. The two varieties might involve killing a LOT of the same people, and even doing the same missions most of the time, but seriously, has that EVER stopped you from grinding the same raid over and over till your fingers bled because you didn't get the biggest shoulderpads available yet?

I would like 2 more utility character slots just because of Legacy. I got two level 50's already, and it's not like it's super slow to level them up so you can get them all to 50 fairly quickly.

I'm speaking of a long time, not like a month or so. WoW it would take months to get to the 50's, you could do it without a problem in a month or so in this game. Just something to think about.

I don't know if I would pay for more slots. Maybe if it was a one time thing, not the recurring charge like Final Fantasy.

Just let me guess.... the different server people should re-roll to according to you would be Red Eclipse?

But basically: you simply don't get it. To you an MMO might mean "level to 50 in 2 weeks (too long!) and then start end-game", to others it does not.

MMO's also mean community and this MMO actually has a very interresting leveling experience compared to every single other MMO available. This game is VERY altoholic friendly.

So, deleting another character? Not an option, the highlevel characters are generally the characters you raid with, the main character where you keep your friendslist. Your friends and guildies will mainly know you as one of your high level characters.

Now add to that that there are 16 classes in this game, with only 8 characterslots available, this means we're 8 characterslots short. Playing Imp on one server vs Rep on another is not an option because Legacies don't carry over between servers. It also messes up the whole community thing again, splitting your playtime over two servers..

So you might claim that once you played a baseclass to 50, that you'll already know it's story, and people shouldn't roll another for the other AC? Has that EVER kept anyone from rolling two toons in WoW? No it didn't, we had altoholics there too, and there are even more altoholics in TOR. And let's not mention that the different character stories CAN result in different stories. You might find those differences neglible, others find them worth the effort. Some people find the difference between a Hand of Jadus and a Double Agent quite a radical difference. The two varieties might involve killing a LOT of the same people, and even doing the same missions most of the time, but seriously, has that EVER stopped you from grinding the same raid over and over till your fingers bled because you didn't get the biggest shoulderpads available yet?

No but i did lvl 1 to 50, now i lvled ANOTHER char to 50 on THE RED ECLIPSE now i am lvling 3rd character to lvl 50... i do not make 8 characters straight and then whine how i have 0 space...

No i will have 3x lvl 50 2x on Red Eclipse and 1 on Legions of Lettow(my original home) and when Legacy expansion comes look i will have WHOLE 6 slots and ZERO problems of creating additional character whichever i will want.

*sigh* low you know what *sigh*

I agree..I already have one of each class which, of course, fills my char list. Since Legacy stuff is tied to the server..we NEED more slots. To not give us any just shows more bad-decision making on EAWare's part.

that said....$100 says the "extra slots" we get cost extra $$ (like FF11, EQ2, and others)..pay $20 get 2 more slots or some drivel like that.

you watch...cash shop coming soon!!! with expanded char slots per server!

mark it.

I actually would pay a fair single-purchase price for new character slots. $20 for 2 seems a little high, but $5 for 1 and $20 for 5, I'd do it.

No but i did lvl 1 to 50, now i lvled ANOTHER char to 50 on THE RED ECLIPSE now i am lvling 3rd character to lvl 50... i do not make 8 characters straight and then whine how i have 0 space...

No i will have 3x lvl 50 2x on Red Eclipse and 1 on Legions of Lettow(my original home) and when Legacy expansion comes look i will have WHOLE 6 slots and ZERO problems of creating additional character whichever i will want.

*sigh* low you know what *sigh*

*Slow Steady Clap*

Well done for not being an Altaholic.

Anyway... I am FOR Additional Slots, as i make and remake, Delete try again and other things more then i really should.

The Problem i find with saying "Just Delete them" is once you've managed to get a character too 40 and decide to go and work on something else for a while and get Distracted... Wait what was i saying? (Joke)

That's the thing about being an altaholic... you like stuff enough that you will go and play something else just to do it.

I had 17 Characters on City of Heroes/Villians... and only 2 at 50. But i loved them all and played them all, even if it was only for alittle bit of time a week. I Would Always go back to them eventually.

So Signed. I Don't want that many slots now though... 12 would proberally be enough. 16 would be lovly, but anythng over 9-10 would be best.

By the way Random fact... the limit on WoW for characters was 10 per server, and a maximum of 50, per account.

This might not be the popular opinion, but it is the pragmatic one - I would be fine paying cash for more character slots, so long as it was a one-time purchase and not an addition to my subscription fee.

So, I'd be happy paying, say, $10 per extra slot, so long as I just had to pay that once. If my subscription fee was boosted I'd start to get uncomfortable.

I appreciate that Bioware and EA can't really just give us extra character slots without it being worth while for them financially. It might not seem like it, but the extra storage space on a server does add up across multiple accounts.

Personally, I think 10 or so slots would be about right (with 16 being the most anybody would ever need on a single server). This gives people enough slots to have 1 character of every class, plus a couple of spares to fill in your favorite ACs on both factions. Additionally, adding 2 extra slots as part of the legacy stuff would make sense for people who already have 8 characters on a server and want to roll a legacy character with a non-standard race.

Optional Idea: For every character you have that completes his/her class story, you get an additional character slot, up to a maximum of 16 (enough for 1 of each AC).

Edited by Dzhokhar

speak for your self, all my toons are maxed.

Really you have all 8 toons lvl 50 on 5 different realms considering(i heared) you can have 40.... so :D

Good luck

And if all your toons are INDEED 50 then you will have ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROBLEM lvling additional and deleting 1, or are all FULL BM AND FULL RAKATA GEARED ALSO?

Really you have all 8 toons lvl 50 on 5 different realms considering(i heared) you can have 40.... so :D

Good luck

And if all your toons are INDEED 50 then you will have ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROBLEM lvling additional and deleting 1, or are all FULL BM AND FULL RAKATA GEARED ALSO?

Please stop being an a-hole. We get that you don't like the idea, so just move on. Why do you keep drawing attention to an idea you're not interested in, since every time you post you put it to the top of the forum?