The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pve vs Pvp

Madwooki

I honestly have no idea what your complaint is

You say you like the game because you love star wars, its lore, its themes and the wodnerful soundtracks of John Williams.

How does nerfing an attacks damage by a few percent effect any of those?

It adds to the unnecessary grind. Me no likey nerfs. ;)

I want a fun leveling experience, not boredom inducing grinding. You do not extend your game's longevity by adding to the grind. You do it by providing new content. If you are unable to do that then you shouldn't be attempting make an MMO in the first place. This game was supposed to be a new and refreshing experience, instead they are turning this into just another PvPcentric and grind inducing borefest. People are sick and tired of that cookie cutter ****. Why do you think so many MMO's are bombing these days? Look at just this past year alone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It adds to the unnecessary grind. Me no likey nerfs. ;)

I dont even understand this comment... nerfs are sometimes necessary, I prefer to think of them as bug fixes, the content shouldnt be as easy as it is. If something isn;t working the way the devs want it to, they change it to try and get it closer to how it shold be, who careswhat their reasoing is, they are fixing the game, and hopefully improving it. It has absolutly no impact on the lore, or john williams soundtracks or any of that stuff.

I love a balanced game that is challenging, unfortunatly for you the devs and most players prefer a balanced game to a completly unbalanced game.

And nerfs and buffs are completly relative... My main is a Bounty hunter tank, if sith juggernaut tanks get buffed, that means I just got nerfed.

Edited by Maigrey

I dont even understand this comment... nerfs are sometimes necessary, I prefer to think of them as bug fixes, the content shouldnt be as easy as it is. If something isn;t working the way the devs want it to, they change it to try and get it closer to how it shold be, who careswhat their reasoing is, they are fixing the game, and hopefully improving it. It has absolutly no impact on the lore, or john williams soundtracks or any of that stuff.

I love a balanced game that is challenging, unfortunatly for you the devs and most players prefer a balanced game to a completly unbalanced game.

And nerfs and buffs are completly relative... My main is a Bounty hunter tank, if sith juggernaut tanks get buffed, that means I just got nerfed.

Look, dude. I get it. Some of you prefer to play PvP over PvE. That's your preference and it is fine with me. What i have issues with is that BioWare are either unwilling or simply too incompetent to keep the PvP experience as well as its stats changes separated from the PvE experience. I have seen other MMO's do it. City of Heroes, for example. I want to know what BioWare's excuse is for not implementing a similar system into their game?

Look, dude. I get it. Some of you prefer to play PvP over PvE. That's your preference and it is fine with me. What i have issues with is that BioWare are either unwilling or simply too incompetent to keep the PvP experience as well as its stats changes separated from the PvE experience. I have seen other MMO's do it. City of Heroes, for example. I want to know what BioWare's excuse is for not implementing a similar system into their game?

Burden of knowledge, it is that simple. People learn their abilties and expect them to work a certain way, they shouldnt suddenly work a different way when doing something else.

IMO they should keep as many abilties as possible the same for both PvP and PvE, it helps immersion and makes the game cleaner.

If they nerf an ability in PvP that affects performance in PvE, assuming the class didnt need a PvE nerf, there should be a buff to a PvE abiltiy to compensate, and vice verse

If they nerf an ability in PvP that affects performance in PvE, assuming the class didnt need a PvE nerf, there should be a buff to a PvE abiltiy to compensate, and vice verse

And i would be happy with that. However, i have yet to see them even acknowledge that this is a problem.

As I alluded to and Hindu posted the Zoeller quote to some of the nerfs which are uspetting to you have no causation from PVP. It is the Devs tuning exiting PVE encounters. Most likely to try to force people who want to down group content to be more inclusive of various classes to their groups and from what I got to actually make the existing content more challenging. Which is what I think PVE fans want.

Don't blame us PVPers.

Nerfs and buffs are going to happen. And trust me when a nerf happens it has a more drastic consequence to a PVP player.

If anything I think Bioware is trying to be really responsive instead of waiting 6-12 months like some other game to get balanicing done. Becuase if you don't tune the players you have to tune the AI which is more complex to balance--and what BW said they intend to do with the next operation.

And although this is anectdotal when I fly around my fleet guess where 90% of the players are? The PVP area.

Because Bioware underestimated how many people were wanting PvP in this game.

And lolPvE

Yeah, because the PvP servers totally outnumber the PvE servers...

(and dont even try to use the excuse that you PvP on a PvE server, because then youre just a carebare and not a real PvP'er)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Most likely to try to force people who want to down group content to be more inclusive of various classes to their groups and from what I got to actually make the existing content more challenging. Which is what I think PVE fans want.

I am all for grouping and improving the overall co-op experience. This is why i play MMO's in the first place. Grouping and socializing. I don't care if it's the same repetitive dungeon as long as i enjoy the gameplay and the interactions i get to have with other players. They are approaching this the wrong way though. They need to give players incentives to group. You don't do it by nerfing various aspects of the game and thus weakening the overall PvE experience for us. They need to encourage players to group, not force them. Also, a coherent and functional LFG system wouldn't hurt either.

I agree with the need for LFG. I think BW recognizes it as well. They underestimated the demand and functionality of this feature.

On a side note. I don't agree with your stance on PVP but I also do not support the ad hominem attacks on you that are happening in the thread. Carebear or not.

But, as I said before. Nerfs affect PVP players more. Don't take my word for it ask someone you trust who you know PVPs. PVPers look for every advantage and so push every ability to it's maximum and also discover innovations that are unnecessary for PVE use but if common enough can effect both aspects of the game.

I am a Sorc the Resurgence Heal nerf hurt me in one build I always use. You wann hear nerf and Pain the Chain lightning decoupling from Wrath --ouch. But maybe you are speaing as a trooper/BH and the impending nerfs to them impending in 1.2. Definitely asked for and welcomed by the non-BH/Trooper PVP community.

I won't try to win you over with PVP reasons but let me make a parallel analogy. The nerf will shake up your rotation I am confident that if this nerf results in you having extensive problems that don't math out for dps to kill your target in the right time you will receive some buff. But most changes devs usually have some modelling they do on encounters before they enact them.

Edited by Itukaaj

nerfing will happen what i dont understand is trying to make it a lvl playing feild sounds stupid a tank should be stronger then a mage ect this is just people complaining about their toon beeing weaker then another like i say no thy role and perfect it

we cant all charge into battle head first some r supportive others r front line and we should remain this way even playing feild pft what a joke that aint reall pvp

nerfing will happen what i dont understand is trying to make it a lvl playing feild sounds stupid a tank should be stronger then a mage ect this is just people complaining about their toon beeing weaker then another like i say no thy role and perfect it

we cant all charge into battle head first some r supportive others r front line and we should remain this way even playing feild pft what a joke that aint reall pvp

I'm trying to toggle off PvP. But it doesn't work. I'm stuck on PvP.

Who here plays EVE? If not, then you're a carebear. I don't give a rat's *** if you THINK you know PvP. You don't know **** about PvP if you haven't spent a year in New Eden low, null, or WH space. Ugh... amateurs.

For those who HAVE PvPed for real, you know what I'm talking about. Fly safe, all. o7

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Starbridge scrubs to gank. :D