what about my current gear?

pctcwill

So i have 50 sentinel right now, and he's in full centurian with a champion main hander and off hander and a few other champion pieces and i have a ton of coms. what will happen to all this gear once 1.2 hits?? this hasnt really been made clear to me by anyone... and tis not in teh patch notes

Stripped naked and thrown from the nearest airlock I'd imagine. Thatsaid I'm in the same boat as you, although I would assume we simply retain the gear we are currently wearing, all the while working our butts off to get BM gear so we can get rated armour.

If you are in Cent or Champ you will retain the gear but it's stats will not change ala the bump (2x) in expertise they are giving BM gear. So the new recruit blue set may end up being a better option even though it has lower stats than Cent/Champ but more expertise.

So , let me get this right current champ and centurion will stay exactly the same after 1.2 and Battlemaster will retain all the original stats , but will have expertise buffed by a large amount after 1.2.

Did i read somewhere that expertise will after 1.2 be located in the mod slot of the armour?

Its just as well BM armour will be easy to obtain after 1.2 compared to now

I'm sorry it just isn't right that a fresh fifty will be able to buy blues that are better than Champion and Centurion gear. I have a buddy that just got all his Champion gear. I'm about half Champion/half Battlemaster. That's a good deal of time spent progressing pvp gear. I'll tell you what too until you have Centurion gear which takes about a week (prolly less if you played harder) pvp is not fun. Just giving the gear out is pretty much a spit in the face to the people who took the time to gear up.

I know folks will argue that pvp should be skill vs gear but I don't fully agree. If that was so I think we'd all just play Call of Duty or hell Street Fighter. Nope MMO's are kind of like skiball it's fun and takes some skill but we also like to play for the tickets so we can get new toys. The better players will naturally progress quicker, and are there idiots who just sit all day in pvp and have great gear and no skills...well yeah and I suspect that will always be the case. Will some folks be more casual in pvp and just wear centurion (well not anymore, but you get my point), yeah but that's not different than folks who are cool with Tionese gear over Rakata. Skilled play combined with wicked cool gear is what makes pvp fun (IMO). Would I still pvp if there was no gear progression, yeah but prolly not as much. Who hasn't done an extra wz when they should have been sleeping to push a extra valor rank or get a bag:)

Sorry that went long but I'm not liking what I'm seeing in the patch so far. I think it's awesome to have a blue entry level set but it should be no better than Centurion gear. Invalidating Champion gear and making BM gear entry level is kind of insulting to folks who have got the gear. That combined with the Force Consumption nerf to Sorcerer healing...and the fact I'm not to big into alts. I dunno I was really looking forward to 1.2 but the stuff I'm seeing not so much.

Kind of curious myself because I'm right on the razor's edge.

Valor Rank 59.

1000 Merc coms.

1000 Warzone coms.

Full Champion gear except moddable bracers and my Lightsaber.

Have over 300 Centurion coms

Have 170-ish Champion coms.

What do?

Valor Rank 59.

1000 Merc coms.

1000 Warzone coms.

What do?

- Don't turn in your dailies, but rather leave them pending

- get that r60

- turn in dailies

- buy one bm commendation

- proceed doing your dailies for bm bags

In other words - do the same, you'd do without 1.2 being around the corner. When 1.2 hits, replace the non BM slots with the purchasable recruit gear on the first day and go on farming bm (and wh) pieces for (ranked) commendations.

Valor Rank 59.

1000 Merc coms.

1000 Warzone coms.

What do?

As it looks now, and if you have the time and will to do so.

Get to valor 60 ASAP, and get as much BM gear as possible before 1.2 patch.

Anything else will be to much speculation/disapointment.

Seeing as some days the wins are many and some days the wins are few, I usually bank on 2k valor per game, assuming I don't join a game already in progress.

Just hit VR 59 yesterday and only have 40k valor till 60 which at 2k a game is 20 games, give or take. 'Ilum' daily today and tomorrow should satisify that enough to hit 60 on Saturday.

so essentially i am totally screwed here -.-

No, you're not - what makes you think that?

You're in t1 gear now and are free to keep grinding your gear the old way till 1.2. When 1.2 comes, you'll have the opportunity to just buy every missing t2 piece for credits instead of grinding for it and to top it off, you'll have much easier access to the t3 gear (no rng, waaaaay cheaper and no valor req).

So, essentially the change is totally good for you. ;)

So , let me get this right current champ and centurion will stay exactly the same after 1.2 and Battlemaster will retain all the original stats , but will have expertise buffed by a large amount after 1.2.

Did i read somewhere that expertise will after 1.2 be located in the mod slot of the armour?

Its just as well BM armour will be easy to obtain after 1.2 compared to now

They are adding expertise to the mod and enhancement slots in BM gear and on WH gear. But to clear this up, BM gear was re-itemized with better stats than before, so you will see an increase in stats from BM gear on top of the fact that it has more expertise.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/battlemasterptrlive.jpg

So yes, people in champ and cent gear are pretty screwed. =(

http://i.imgur.com/Tpa8e.jpg