Class with the best and worst companions?

Jakeswed

The best companion? Oh dear, that's hard, but in a cluster near the top of my list, and in no particular order, are:

* M1-4X (the gung-ho crazier-than-thou droid)

* DS Jaesa, especially the romance

* Andronikos Revel - an excellent foil for a DS Inquisitrix

* Elara Dorne - good healer, pretty good DPS, and tough as they come

* Kaliyo Djannis - my male Rattataki agent romanced her, and the romance story slotted tidily into his personality

* Khem Val

* Vette

Worst? That's easier. Just one name qualifies, but it bears repeating:

* Skadge

* Skadge

* Skadge

* Skadge

* Skadge

He's ugly, rude, probably smells funny, and is also ugly and rude. Ugly I can live with, but there's no excuse for that kind of rudeness.

My favorites are the female jedi. In no particular order: Kira, Jaesa, Nadia, and Ashara. Three of them each have their own take on the Jedi Code. And the fourth's naivete is just too cute to ignore ;)

Guss grew on me as comic relief.

M1-4X's over the top gung ho rubs off :p

Like so many others Skadge is my most hated. I tried so hard to kill him when my BH first encountered him.

I did not like Rusk on my first JK (LS), but when I played a DS JK he made more sense. Same thing goes for Zenith with Jedi Counsulars.

So far I'm really fond of the potential "Waifu" cast, well, except Kaliyo and the women I haven't recruited yet (Dorne, Risha + Akaavi?, SI one and the second IA one). Nadia is huggable :D and Vette and Kira are simply funny. The briefing parts between BH and Mako are also nice due to its natural interaction, instead of some (random) comments here and there. Ignoring my bias, I think Bowdaar is quite neat but I've only gotten him yesterday. I was like "Waitwhat?!" when he had mentioned the Hutt poisoning him again. Too bad you couldn't kick Fatso's wobbly @ss >_<. I still am rather indifferent about Zenith, but despite everyone calling Iresso blad and generic, I think he's alright.

The best companion? Oh dear, that's hard, but in a cluster near the top of my list, and in no particular order, are:

* M1-4X (the gung-ho crazier-than-thou droid)

* DS Jaesa, especially the romance

* Andronikos Revel - an excellent foil for a DS Inquisitrix

* Elara Dorne - good healer, pretty good DPS, and tough as they come

* Kaliyo Djannis - my male Rattataki agent romanced her, and the romance story slotted tidily into his personality

* Khem Val

* Vette

Worst? That's easier. Just one name qualifies, but it bears repeating:

* Skadge

* Skadge

* Skadge

* Skadge

* Skadge

He's ugly, rude, probably smells funny, and is also ugly and rude. Ugly I can live with, but there's no excuse for that kind of rudeness.

I still do not get the Skadge thing. I played a light side PT female. After all the things he tried to do and he said I did not have the option to refuse him nor kill him! Skadge is the #1 worst companion from this point of view. And after you are forced to take him on the board he's continuing in it! Damn it, BW! Even I was offended by this companion... damn I hate him so much I would burn him, resurrect him, burn him again, resurrect him and melt him with some acid.

The 2nd worst companion is Malavai Quinn because from the dark side warrior things he was supposed to die and what kind of DS lord would let him live?

So, the companions I love:

Ashara Zavros(I hope I have the name correct) - what a lovely voice acting, I love the voice and the character, #1 for me.

Jaesa Willsaam - both versions are super

Vette - duh!

and Elara Dorn.

For me the best class with companions is BH. Seriously, you get a cute Jawa(the "can we keep him" line from Mako through me of the chair laughing), you have Mako who is good and have some hilarious lines, Gault on Tatooine is awesome. Torian is OK. Every planet with a recruitment was hilarious up unti it is all destroyed by Skadge, sigh.

Anyway, I was never entertained that much by all the companions and their stories until I played BH.

Overall best would go to Smuggler. Its not my favorite class or class story but it's the only one in which I genuinely like all the companions. Most classes there's one I really dislike.

Worst is a toss-up. Agent has two I can't stand (SCORPIO and Vector) but I like the rest pretty well. The Consular's comps are mostly forgettable all around, though I guess Nadia is decent enough.

Bounty Hunter has the distinction of having both my single most favorite companion in Blizz, and my most despised in Skadge.

This is tough because it's so subjective... Overall likeability I would say has to go to the Trooper set with my least favorite of the bunch being Vik.... But even then I probably only get fed up with him because my Trooper was so self righteous and he was the worst companion for that lol Jorgan is probably my favourite companion in the game but I really just like the whole Havoc team.

I love the IA set, too, but Kaliyo drives me nuts sometimes.

Worst set (for me) has to be SI.... So gosh darn random and Andronikos is the worst romance in the game in my opinion..... Not a realistic fit for a SI....

This is tough because it's so subjective... Overall likeability I would say has to go to the Trooper set with my least favorite of the bunch being Vik.... But even then I probably only get fed up with him because my Trooper was so self righteous and he was the worst companion for that lol Jorgan is probably my favourite companion in the game but I really just like the whole Havoc team.

I love the IA set, too, but Kaliyo drives me nuts sometimes.

Worst set (for me) has to be SI.... So gosh darn random and Andronikos is the worst romance in the game in my opinion..... Not a realistic fit for a SI....

I totally can see it being wrong for a DS SI. But my LS was happy with the romance. It's a still Sith, I would describe her as a lazy lawfull evil SI* and as such the thing that I have to propose because I am the dominant - yes, that's totally correct!

(I hope I remember it correctly, it was a LONG time ago(in a galaxy far far away :D))

*this means that the character fits into the Day Watch from Lukyanenko's books more than into Star Wars games with Sith lords(but that's for another discussion).

Edited by Deaconik

I totally can see it being wrong for a DS SI. But my LS was happy with the romance. It's a still Sith, I would describe her as a lazy lawfull evil SI* and as such the thing that I have to propose because I am the dominant - yes, that's totally correct!

(I hope I remember it correctly, it was a LONG time ago(in a galaxy far far away :D))

*this means that the character fits into the Day Watch from Lukyanenko's books more than into Star Wars games with Sith lords(but that's for another discussion).

Good point! Haha yeah that's why I think it's so subjective because I think the companions' likeability really depend on who you're playing.... However, Andronikos and Vette just can't seem to do it for me. They drive me crazy but I know so many people who like them and hate my faves (Jorgan, Vector, 4X). I like that they've made it so easy for your faves to tag along at your discretion, though, because now we aren't stuck with a companion you hate just because their specs are best for you.

For me, as far as best companions go, it really depends on how I'm playing the character. Most of them all work out well even if I end up dinging a ton of disapproves in reactions. The only ones that I feel are the absolute worst regardless of how I'm playing my characters are Skadge, Broonmark and Xalek. They just don't fit well at all from what I've seen and it just doesn't sit well with how they come across as forced onto my characters. Granted that's likely in part with how late one gets them in the storyline, but I'd be fine without even recruiting them in the first place.