Server advertising. Re-roll where?

Mrchip

Im going to reroll on a new server (EU), what are your server like?

Example (kai-kan):

Population 17:00 -> 00:00 (imperial fleet: 42 / no 50's: 62)

Population 00:00 -> 04:00 (imperial fleet: 17 / no 50's: 19)

Population 04:00 -> 07:00 (imperial fleet: 6 / no 50's: 12)

Population 07:00 -> 17:00 (imperial fleet: 28 / no 50's: 31)

Also a short description on PvE grouping, PvP que times and galactic trade market flow would be appreciated.

/Rickard

Example (kai-kan):

Also a short description on PvE grouping, PvP que times and galactic trade market flow would be appreciated.

/Rickard

Roll Ajunta Pall if you're an Imperal PvPer. They need your help/We need better competition.

I enjoy Hidden Beks. Republic fleet population is about 40-45 people at 17-00 GMT, then goes steadily up to 100 and more closer to the evening. At weekends you can see 120-140 people on the fleet.

What's even better, the PvP community is very healthy, both Republic and Empire have their strong PvP teams and guilds and fairly compete for the victory. The situation got worse lately due to old PvPers getting everything the end-game could provide them, but they still play, level alts and are eager to return when game changes occur. Even Ilum is still full of 2vs2 skirmishes.

There are also several PvE endgame guilds that frequently complete Nightmare mode operations and recruit dedicated players.

All in all, the server is very balanced and thus far I haven't noticed any problems with its players or community as a whole.

Dont leave us on kai-kan, we need all players !

OT, i can recommend tomb of f... Have a 30 vanguard there, just cant be arsed to start over, so im back on my PT, on kai-kan, hoping for better times.

Example (kai-kan):

/Rickard

Basically it goes like that...

For PvP Tomb of Freedon Nadd gets even Full on some(alot) of peak hours but its a PvP server

Ajunta Pall needs imperial players for balance(one of few if not ONLY higher populated server)

The Red Eclipse(my link on signature) is under a project to get community and those who like MMO in this game get some enjoyment(working extremely well)

But from English servers only Tomb of Freedon Nadd(PvP) and The Red Eclipse get ABOVE Heavy at peak

Well.. Starstorm one has a high population (140+ on fleet in primetime), and good faction balance. The only problem is that Starstorm One is the unofficial Russian server (suggested by BW), so non-russian guilds have a really hard time recruiting.

I would recommend this server solely because we need more non-russians. But when server transfers come, we're all moving to Tomb of freedom nadd. Hello 5 hour queues... we meet again.

Well.. Starstorm one has a high population (140+ on fleet in primetime), and good faction balance. The only problem is that Starstorm One is the unofficial Russian server (suggested by BW), so non-russian guilds have a really hard time recruiting.

I would recommend this server solely because we need more non-russians. But when server transfers come, we're all moving to Tomb of freedom nadd. Hello 5 hour queues... we meet again.

So basically you're rcommending a server where you and possibly MOST none-russians will move at the 1st given chance...

gz on logic +100 points

Ajunta Pall needs imperial players for balance(one of few if not ONLY higher populated server)

Heavy at peak

I disagree that Pall needs more Imps. I have toons on both, and the Fleets are about the same at all times (190ish at peaks, 80ish when its dead)

I will say that the Imps need more healers though. Its the main reason why the Pub wins 2/3 PvP matched IMO.

Allthough i personally would STRONGLY discourage people rolling more on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, solely because it is already full half of the days at peak hours and if much more go there it might be queues all over again

Just my opinion

I disagree that Pall needs more Imps. I have toons on both, and the Fleets are about the same at all times (190ish at peaks, 80ish when its dead)

I will say that the Imps need more healers though. Its the main reason why the Pub wins 2/3 PvP matched IMO.

I thought about this FLEET comparison a little... and i came to a conclusion that is very ''useless'' sure it gives some general guidelines but since i used it in my own thread about merging community i realised there might be double etc of those cause of PvP mainly and instances...

It varys alot so giving this a conclusion that it does not need more is relatively false.

East Coast. Fatman. PVP. VERY HEAVY to FULL

Playing from Argentina, no lag, no queues to date.

The population is astonishing.

Empire

Hutta: 120

Dramon Kass: 190

Fleet: 240

Nar Shadda: 90 (even Nar Shadda)

And yes, these numbers are during weekdays, except some morning hours.

GTN is huge. I sell anything I post there, and I rerolled recently, and people still buy anything, even the 9-level items

Edited by Ivanblood

Mask of Nihilus, West Coast PvE. The community is great + we stuck together from day one in early access and didn't bail because of login queues = a healthy population. The GTN is always stocked, fleet is a party, heroic LFGs are a constant on leveling planets, World Boss Op PUGs are common, guilds are recruiting, and chat is packed with FP, HM and Ops LFGs.

http://www.galactickegger.com/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-02_19_48_31_312500.jpg

http://www.galactickegger.com/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-13_20_31_45_024701.jpg

http://www.galactickegger.com/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-21_19_43_37_875000.jpg

Edited by GalacticKegger

I thought about this FLEET comparison a little... and i came to a conclusion that is very ''useless'' sure it gives some general guidelines but since i used it in my own thread about merging community i realised there might be double etc of those cause of PvP mainly and instances...

It varys alot so giving this a conclusion that it does not need more is relatively false.

Even planet to planet, the pop is the same from what I have seen. My Vanguard saw 120ish on Coruscant, and my Powertech saw 120ish on Kaas. Vanguard saw 80is on Tat, Powertech saw 80ish on Tat. I get just as many Huttballs on the Imp side as I do on the Pub side. I do not know what would make anyone say the Pall is not balanced. Most argue it is hands down the most balanced.

In WoW's case, player populations in Stormwind and Orgrimmar are a server's population health indicators are they not? I mean, one wouldn't go to Arathi or Desolace to gauge server pops. If SW and Org are ghost towns then the server is probably a ghost town as well. Fleet is SWTOR's SW and Org, so I believe it is very indicative of server population health.

"Population 00:00 -> 04:00 (imperial fleet: 17 / no 50's: 19)."

True about Imperial fleet, but /who 50 dont provide false numbers.

This thread wasn't about whining about low population (there is allready one about that subject). This was about giving people a possibility to advertise thier server.

Even planet to planet, the pop is the same from what I have seen. My Vanguard saw 120ish on Coruscant, and my Powertech saw 120ish on Kaas. Vanguard saw 80is on Tat, Powertech saw 80ish on Tat. I get just as many Huttballs on the Imp side as I do on the Pub side. I do not know what would make anyone say the Pall is not balanced. Most argue it is hands down the most balanced.

I started to compare the population by Nar Shaddaa, generally the weakest planet.

On Fatman, the population there is steadily arround 90. The strongest one I have ever see. I tried many other high pop servers, but many of them had Narshaddaa arround 40.

Why is impoertant. Because Nar Shaddaa has 3 heroics from Bonus Series. And it was impossible to complete them for me on my previous server. It´s very difficult to find a group to complete them with the population arround 40.

Fatman is PVP.

East Coast PvE: Jedi Covenant

West Coast PvE Space Slug

Not sure if east or west but Zakkag Beast (sp?) PvE has also gotten pretty nutty.

Don´t be p*****s. Go to PVP.

Edited by Ivanblood