Is Vanguard a good counter to Marauder?

Lijun

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with the ppl who say op is a great counter to a sentinel. Well in general I wouldn't recommend op, all they have is opening and not a lot of nice tools.

Tanky assassin is far better. I don't really know what abilities make them so hard to kill because I am lazy casual player who hasn't bothered to find out but they seem to be able to take hardly any dmge off weapon attacks, and dodge/resist a ton. For ages. You can't heal off them easily because they will likely dodge, often cc on them will miss, and their dmge is still decent. They don't have the burst of an operative but get other nice things to compensate and are a lot more durable and useful.

Well-played sniper is also good but like op they just suck too much in general play.

Honestly though, why not just play a mara. 1v1 amazing, and in group pounce is great (although mara are really susceptible to cc. If the other team is stacked and there's a lot of sages you can get kb many times in a row, rooted, snared etc and the resolve is useless). I am kinda worried they will get nerfed though, they are already nerfing things on other classes which I never had a problem with.

I don't agree with the ppl who say op is a great counter to a sentinel. Well in general I wouldn't recommend op, all they have is opening and not a lot of nice tools.

Tanky assassin is far better. I don't really know what abilities make them so hard to kill because I am lazy casual player who hasn't bothered to find out but they seem to be able to take hardly any dmge off weapon attacks, and dodge/resist a ton. For ages. You can't heal off them easily because they will likely dodge, often cc on them will miss, and their dmge is still decent. They don't have the burst of an operative but get other nice things to compensate and are a lot more durable and useful.

Well-played sniper is also good but like op they just suck too much in general play.

Honestly though, why not just play a mara. 1v1 amazing, and in group pounce is great (although mara are really susceptible to cc. If the other team is stacked and there's a lot of sages you can get kb many times in a row, rooted, snared etc and the resolve is useless). I am kinda worried they will get nerfed though, they are already nerfing things on other classes which I never had a problem with.

Ahaha i laughed a lots, yeah sniper sux... AHAHAHAHA, Learn to play SWTOR and after that come back and open your mouth.

Fighting a sniper...get them to pop hunker down (or whatever it's called on the other side) los them. Go smash their face in once it expires. So not the counter to sent/marauder.

Got a vanguard and a GS. On my GS 1v1 with a mara they are going down or at the very least never capping a door or a node. I can and will kite them all day long and they cant do a thing about it.

On the vanguard running a 23/5/13 spec that allows me to stay at range more for my HIB due to ranged periodic damage I can kite them pretty good. I would say say im a 50/50 fight with them if I time my cc and get the crits on HIB. Its tough but doable.

Lmao, you know, usually, when i see a Senti/Marra running at me as Sniper, i usually say... omg a kikoofreekill.. but it's another story when i see a Vanguard rush at me.. thrust me, i never want to aggro one of those when i'm solo.. :D

Yeah vanguard is the nemesis of any solely long range dps AC/spec. Van can also destroy loltracer spam BH and dps sorc 1v1 quite easily. Vanguard fight at 10m but can also do well in 4m or have some capability at 30m which makes them hard to get away from for range peeps.

Mara is usually hard for Van. Assault from my experience probably has the most chance against Mara. Shield spec will probably do the worst as Mara Anni spec was designed to DoT tanks to death.

i actually have a bm geared marauder and assassin. i also have a 50 jugg and pt but i never play them.

the only class that can beat me in 1v1 as a marauder that ive encountered is a smuggler that got the jump on me and is played very well (assuming force camo is on cd so i cant escape) or a marauder / sentinel that got the jump on me and is equal geared.

the only class that makes me use a medpac but i will still win are tank assassins / shadows and occasionally a really good vanguard / powertech (this is extremely rare); however, they will not win 1v1.

Edited by Heith

Marauders and OPs are the only classes that give me a hard time in PvP. Everything else (minus healers) I basically breeze through. I can beat the same Shadow 1v1 that can beat the best Marauders ingame. It's just how class balance is.

I can lock out BH's so bad they can't even get me below 80% HP.

Edited by ComeAndSee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.