BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

People are skipping over this post I made a few pages back. Read it. Its fro GZ himself.

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

Edited by Humankeg

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the GZ quote has been posted in here repeatedly, but people keep skipping it because it's not yellow, I think.

Sorry for the caps - but it's painful to watch people get mad unnecessarily.

Well, not exactly unnecessary, since this would be a MASSIVE change, and the devs were very slow in reacting, despite people mentioning this during twitter chat and 3 full and redirected forum threads.

The majority of you dont know **** about game breaking changes (SoE). Its not that big of a deal. If you find yourself crying every time they make a little change (whether it be good, or bad) then go play a different game, but im sure you will find that every other game makes changes too. we have such spoiled little brats in the mmo world. Its my way or i quit :mad:. you really cant please anyone anymore.

I don't want to play a different game- I want to play Star Wars. There are more things right with SWTOR than wrong atm. Offering constructive criticism about a potentially game breaking change is not 'crying'. A credit reduction earned in WZs is game breaking when participants are actively contributing in the scenario.

The SWG dev team were directed to make huge glaring errors in implementing and changing game content. That does not make this potential change any less relevant, or potentially damaging.

It's sad to see people whining about all the usual stuff and not getting on top of this. It is by far the biggest change to PVP in the patch and will have massive consequences on every single person who PVPs in this game.

From someone who has leveled alts through PvP, and also leveled up a crafting profession and both complimenting resource gathering professions, this is a pretty ******** change.

In addition to this you don't get crap from flashpoints, so you're limiting the money we can make to straight leveling.

I don't want to play a different game- I want to play Star Wars. There are more things right with SWTOR than wrong atm. Offering constructive criticism about a potentially game breaking change is not 'crying'. A credit reduction earned in WZs is game breaking when participants are actively contributing in the scenario.

The SWG dev team were directed to make huge glaring errors in implementing and changing game content. That does not make this potential change any less relevant, or potentially damaging.

changing good sandbox game into a mirror of WoW = majorly damaging and not relevant to a wz nurf in any way, shape, or form.

Nurfing warzone credit gain = if it happens you will most likely get over it.

For those like you who constructively critisize continue. Its nice to see people actually giving feedback than just throwing down thier cards and folding :).

Since people are bad and STILL complaining about this although this quote has been posted MULTIPLE TIMES. I'll repost. I'm sure this will be ignored in a page or two like the other people that have posted and will have to repost again.

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3563455#edit3563455

• 3 weeks later...
This is literally gamebreaking. It cannot go live. It is just an awful, awful change no matter how you look at it.

For 1-49 PVP:

This change literally means that any time you spend in PVP from 1-49 gimps your character if you don't have a level 50 alt to funnel you credits. With all the changes you will get 10 levels in the time it takes to get a single piece of PVP gear, and you will get zero credits. You wll not be able to pay for skill training and you will be constantly using gear that is 10+ levels out of date. Every time you level you will get worse because of the way bolster works.

For level 50 PVP:

You are forcing anyone who wants to craft into PVE. You cannot afford to send your characters out on crafting missions while you PVP if you get no credits from PVP.

It is just a mind bogglingly stupid change. If you want to LOWER credit gain - particularly at level 50 - that's ok (within reason). But you can't ELIMINATE it.

Nobody is asking to get rich from PVPing. The current rate at 50 may be higher than it needs to be.

But we need enough credit gain from PVP to pay for skill training leveling up, and we need enough credit gain at 50 to pay for sending out companions.

They pushed it through anyway...

/unsubbed!

This is literally gamebreaking. It cannot go live. It is just an awful, awful change no matter how you look at it.

For 1-49 PVP:

This change literally means that any time you spend in PVP from 1-49 gimps your character if you don't have a level 50 alt to funnel you credits. With all the changes you will get 10 levels in the time it takes to get a single piece of PVP gear, and you will get zero credits. You wll not be able to pay for skill training and you will be constantly using gear that is 10+ levels out of date. Every time you level you will get worse because of the way bolster works.

For level 50 PVP:

You are forcing anyone who wants to craft into PVE. You cannot afford to send your characters out on crafting missions while you PVP if you get no credits from PVP.

It is just a mind bogglingly stupid change. If you want to LOWER credit gain - particularly at level 50 - that's ok (within reason). But you can't ELIMINATE it.

Nobody is asking to get rich from PVPing. The current rate at 50 may be higher than it needs to be.

But we need enough credit gain from PVP to pay for skill training leveling up, and we need enough credit gain at 50 to pay for sending out companions.

I couldn't say it better ... please roll this back. I've quit PvP over this. Until today I loved PvP.

I couldn't say it better ... please roll this back. I've quit PvP over this. Until today I loved PvP.

Gorga Zeoler, you lied. Instead of being honest to the pvp community, you pushed this pos through, unchanged.

I support an effort to discourage AFKing in WZs, but these changes actually encourage quitting WZs if a loss looks possible. Players are quiting more than ever, and frankly I don't blame them.

At the end of said match, earning 0 is really frustrating. Before assertions are made, I play for objectives, usually placing 1st or 2nd on my team.

I don't have a problem earning less if my team loses, but earning nothing for MY effort- that is infuriating enough to cancel my sub.

Edited by Gonewild

Gorga Zeoler, you lied. Instead of being honest to the pvp community, you pushed this pos through, unchanged.

I support an effort to discourage AFKing in WZs, but these changes actually encourage quitting WZs if a loss looks possible. Players are quiting more than ever, and frankly I don't blame them.

At the end of said match, earning 0 is really frustrating. Before assertions are made, I play for objectives, usually placing 1st or 2nd on my team.

I don't have a problem earning less if my team loses, but earning nothing for MY effort- that is infuriating enough to cancel my sub.

I feel the same. I dealt with the 1 win out of 10 with little progression, now it's 1 win in 20 with almost no progression and getting worse by the match. I don't think I take it any longer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.