Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why the proposed 1.2 Pyrotech changes are poorly thought out

busterbone

If getting upset, using emotionally charged language , and using scarecrows is how you 'debunk countless arguments', I think you might be mistaking winning an argument with people not bothering to talk down someone whose way too involved.

Look, learn how to throttle your build. That's all I'm saying. Your number crunching doesn't take throttling into account, which, in the long run, is much more efficient than randomly burning.

Bads will be bads....This is the problem when FOTM classes get hit. The one button spammers will continue to cry..While the better players who know how to actually play a class will figure it out.

Most of the bads will move on to another class and get that one nerfed..Its just a cycle that follows every single mmorpg.

Kudos to the OP , I bet he figures out his class and will continue to play it well.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it boils down to ppl quiting instead of respeccing because they lose the ability to, for all intents and purposes, essentially one- shot someone.

Wrong thread.

And that's not the reason why at all.

So I guess this boils down to people posting ad hominem drivel instead of reading the actual thread, because they've lost the ability to, for all intents and purposes, comprehend words on a page.

Edited by Varicite

They probably won't change anything they've put on test server right for Pyro's

We're currently one of the lowest played classes in the game, they have no reason to really pay attention to the class.

What i'll imagine will happen is, the changes will go live, People will try Pyro, and if it sucks like most of us think it will, they simply won't play that spec anymore.

Then they'll of course try AP out, find out it's ok at best, and either quit the class or play Shield tech for a before quitting that one as well (since the other tanks are better choices anyway)

This will lead for a further drop in population of the class which either has Bioware doing something about it, they simply ignore it low played classes in Warhammer were ignored.

Me personally, I'll be playing my Sniper, or maybe my Marauder, which ever I enjoy after the patch. Marauder would probably be the best choice as it has similar burst of the Pyro while having far better survivability and mobility.

I want to make it clear, as a PT: PTs ARE OP

However, this 'fix' is terribly thought out and designed, instead of maybe toning down railshot dmg, or maybe making railshot proc from a stacking buff from FB/RP (6 points gets a railshot, 2 per FB 3 per RP) to take out the RNG, they just slap a cd on it and require combustible.

The problem is heat management, or the lack there of, that results from this. Because the probability of proc was not substantially increased, the time between railshots is going to be larger by about 4 seconds between each RS, with a minimum of 6 seconds (+ applying combustible) between railshots. The result is that you will be getting sbout 60% of the heat reduction that you were from railshot procs, if heat mangament stayed the same this nerf would be pretty spot on, less railshot procs, less insane RNG burst, perfect. But with 40% less heat reduction from railshot which constituted about 2.5 heat reduction a second on average the rate of overheating will become completely ridiculous, the number of rapid shots that need to be peppered in to stay under 40 heat is too high.

I've only gone into the math a little bit here but suffice to say, PT is going to be UNPLAYABLE in 1.2 due to heat, within about 45 seconds of entering a combat situation heat will not be maintainable and the PT will have to do as many as 4 rapid shots in a row to push heat down to the point where they can safely RP/FB into a RS proc. Basically 30 seconds after vent heat goes off there will be a minute period of ridiculously low dmg from crippling heat issues that will completely neuter the PT.

Nerf PT, don't ruin them.

I want to make it clear, as a PT: PTs ARE OP

However, this 'fix' is terribly thought out and designed, instead of maybe toning down railshot dmg, or maybe making railshot proc from a stacking buff from FB/RP (6 points gets a railshot, 2 per FB 3 per RP) to take out the RNG, they just slap a cd on it and require combustible.

The problem is heat management, or the lack there of, that results from this. Because the probability of proc was not substantially increased, the time between railshots is going to be larger by about 4 seconds between each RS, with a minimum of 6 seconds (+ applying combustible) between railshots. The result is that you will be getting sbout 60% of the heat reduction that you were from railshot procs, if heat mangament stayed the same this nerf would be pretty spot on, less railshot procs, less insane RNG burst, perfect. But with 40% less heat reduction from railshot which constituted about 2.5 heat reduction a second on average the rate of overheating will become completely ridiculous, the number of rapid shots that need to be peppered in to stay under 40 heat is too high.

I've only gone into the math a little bit here but suffice to say, PT is going to be UNPLAYABLE in 1.2 due to heat, within about 45 seconds of entering a combat situation heat will not be maintainable and the PT will have to do as many as 4 rapid shots in a row to push heat down to the point where they can safely RP/FB into a RS proc. Basically 30 seconds after vent heat goes off there will be a minute period of ridiculously low dmg from crippling heat issues that will completely neuter the PT.

Nerf PT, don't ruin them.

I'm with you on this. The spec as it currently stands has the POTENTIAL to be overpowered at RANDOM times. This is bad, and should be fixed. The patch notes do not reflect a fix, they neuter the spec entirely. If this class wielded glowbats, the masses would be up in arms over it. However, with Vanguard and its mirror Powertech being 2 of the least played Advanced Classes (3% and 4% respectively), it really seems that the people in charge don't actually care.

I don't even play Assault (pyro) anymore; I've moved into Tactics (AP), and I enjoy the build. I am disappointed, however, that another non-force using class spec has been nerfed into the ground, while the higher utility force using classes (Tank Sins and Shadows in DPS gear, Marauders and Sents) have either been left alone, or have been given slight boosts. It is disheartening to see Warzones stacked almost entirely with Jedi and Sith. Honestly, I'm kinda sick of it.

• 2 weeks later...

This balance crap is absolutely ridiculous and just like every MMO before it, it just changes the flavor of the month to a new class

How people in 2012 do not realize they're just being manipulated to play another 'best' class do not realize this is beyond me.

Yes, Bioware, if you nerf my class I will reroll your best class and spend a few weeks leveling it. That's just how we play the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.