Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Comprehensive Scrapper breakdown of 1.2 losses and gains

Wren_Atticus

Working as intended. Because apparently otherwise there would be too many "teams of Operatives/Scoundrels" stunlocking people and making them quit.

Every time I see that ^, I laugh, shake my head, then think of how stupid that is.

Edited by mr_ruiz

What the hell is this about no end/cunn on the shotguns? Does anyone have exact numbers on them? What possible reason do they have for giving us alac and even more effin accuracy.

I am not sure where this rumor (?) started. On PTS as on now:

War Hero Enforcer Shotgun

82 End

87 Cunning

113 Expertise

49 Crit

649 Tech Damage

53 Surge

Campaign Enforcer's Shotgun

93 End

113 Cunning

84 Crit

649 Tech Damage

57 Surge

Edited by Culhaven

I am not sure where this rumor (?) started. On PTS as on now:

War Hero Enforcer Shotgun

82 End

87 Cunning

113 Expertise

49 Crit

649 Tech Damage

53 Surge

Campaign Enforcer's Shotgun

93 End

113 Cunning

84 Crit

649 Tech Damage

57 Surge

He's talking about how they reduced the existing stats on battlemaster shotguns to add useless stats to them.

He's talking about how they reduced the existing stats on battlemaster shotguns to add useless stats to them.

Sorry, the OP sounded like he was saying there was no cunning or endurance on them.

It looks like battermaster shotguns have lost about 10 end and 11 cunning for a new stat and more expertise.

But "endgame" shotguns will be considered the ones I listed, which have more cunning and endurance than Battlemaster.

I don't think the changes are worth a "sky is falling" response.

The changes to Battlemaster shotguns are good for gunslingers and scrappers respectively. The real problem is that there does not seem to be gear designed with the scrapper in mind.

Sorry, the OP sounded like he was saying there was no cunning or endurance on them.

It looks like battermaster shotguns have lost about 10 end and 11 cunning for a new stat and more expertise.

But "endgame" shotguns will be considered the ones I listed, which have more cunning and endurance than Battlemaster.

I don't think the changes are worth a "sky is falling" response.

The changes to Battlemaster shotguns are good for gunslingers and scrappers respectively. The real problem is that there does not seem to be gear designed with the scrapper in mind.

Or the class in general.

Alacrity for the sawbone is total useless, than our accuracy.

O yes now we have to fill more shoot with quick shoot so, accuracy can have some limted sense... but serius no.

As AC we need endurance, cunning, power, critical and surge with every of our trees.

Others stats are total useless.

Or the class in general.

O yes now we have to fill more shoot with quick shoot so, accuracy can have some limted sense... but serius no.

As AC we need endurance, cunning, power, critical and surge with every of our trees.

Accuracy is almost useful for Dirty Fighting...

Accuracy is almost useful for Dirty Fighting...

Hey Pedia it's Gunshade from Juyo lol. I'm so torn on this gunk. I have 2 accounts one with a 50 sentinel already good to go on our server. But man all this just makes me want to bail, and wait on GW2.

I haven't even been able to bring myself to play once since reading the notes =( Between BW behavior in this game, and the various things in Mass Effect 3 I've all but lost whatever faith I ever had in them as a dev house.

I mean the 1.1 nerfs were needed but the class feels fine now imo. I win some, I lose some, the way a game should feel. People that have energy problems in PVE or PVP are just button mashing *******....period. Let alone in such large swaths as they are.

But hey lets give us more accuracy and alacrity cause that's useful....right...Beuller....Beuller....

Edited by Paralassa
content

You are forgetting the changes to smuggler.

Being able to launch sabo charge while rooted is super awsome. That is easily 1800-3000 damage increase.

Kick while moving is another great change/fix.

You will use sucker punch a lot more often than back blast so the energy shift from back blast to sucker punch is a buff.

and finally...

As a scapper scoundrel, the only classes that gave me any sort of trouble on a 1 on 1 was BH/Trooper healers and Tank assassins/shadows. Even these, only the upper tier players. Consider everyone (except assassins) are getting a nerf, and overall healing nerf, we will do great still.

As for the guild that claimed they will not be taking scoundrels into warzones, that is too bad. Other than hutball, a good soundrel can be amazing in warzones.

Scrapper scoundrel is the only class that can kill another player fast enough to solo kill and cap a point, and also the quickest way to take out healers and we give 5% crit buff!

Or the class in general.

Did you even look at the screen shots from the other thread?

BM Field Medic Before:

85 End

103 Cunn

51 Exp

77 Power

612 Tech Power

BM Field Medic After:

75 End

82 Cunn

82 Exp

77 Power

612 Tech Power

51 Alac

So End and Cunn were lowered for 31 more Exp which is pretty significant. Also, the useless stat you are upset about was simply added, it didn't replace anything. So, I don't see the problem. I see everyone say that alacrity is useless for Sawbones, but I have to disagree. Dropping cast time by a few 10's of a second is pretty significant when you need to save someone.

Also, the Rakata level are completely unchanged. They are just trying to limit the carry over of PVE gear in PVP and vice versa.

and finally...

As a scapper scoundrel, the only classes that gave me any sort of trouble on a 1 on 1 was BH/Trooper healers and Tank assassins/shadows. Even these, only the upper tier players. Consider everyone (except assassins) are getting a nerf, and overall healing nerf, we will do great still.

As for the guild that claimed they will not be taking scoundrels into warzones, that is too bad. Other than hutball, a good soundrel can be amazing in warzones.

Scrapper scoundrel is the only class that can kill another player fast enough to solo kill and cap a point, and also the quickest way to take out healers and we give 5% crit buff!

Unfortunately, not enough people play/see a Scrapper to realize this and know - I mean first and third hand (not sure how else to put that).

This issue will continue to stay the same until we either get some legit testers who have some pull or the class population rises dramaticaly. I'm not sure either of those will happen anytime soon.

We just need to keep doing what we do best just like we have since launch, and keep exceeding our expectations in hopes someone notices that we are not OP'd. We are just good players.

I am aware I'm reaching with some of that last part.

Edited by mr_ruiz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.