GTN default sell price?

Mashugana

It is some multiple of the vendor sell price I believe. It has little to do with reality. Best thing to do is search for what others are selling it for and use that as a guide. Just realize just because someone is asking 15,000 credits for that doo-dad, does not mean someone is buying it for that.

Research, guessing, and experience all help in finding the best price to sell something. In some cases, if an item sells in the first hour, I raise the price for furture items of that type.

I you want to lose money and make me some, you can use the default price. But like the above poster, it's all based on the going market value. Just need to do a little research and market watching. And just undercut the top guy by a little.

Pretty sure I read that if a duplicate item is already for sale, then your default price will be an undercut of that person.

Otherwise if none are already for sale, then yes what you said applies.

The default sell price of an item is 5 times the value of what a vendor would pay for it.

For most greens, the default price is fine (even though I generally undercut to move it quickly). For blues, purples, and oranges, do some research first. I picked up a Vendetta moddable belt for 6.4k this week, for example, which I could easily sell for 200k, but my Sniper is actually collecting all the pieces for his outfit.