What's this crap!(Another 1.2 rant)

Loaky

"The Sprint ability is now available at level 1."

You know back in the day I had to hike it 500 miles to my quest with no special sprint or fancy speeder. I EARNED my sprint and I was grateful for it when I got it! These youngn's come up here and complain that their digital feet hurt and it takes too long to get anywhere. Humbug I say, hoof it out and quit your whining!

(In the spirit of complaints about 1.2 the above post was made with great tongue and cheek and is not to be taken seriously at all. If anyone feels the need to respond in a negative tone please re-read the first sentence in these parenthesis)

On a serious note why have a sprint ability and not make everyone's natural speed that of the ability (15%?)?

Edited by Loaky

"The Sprint ability is now available at level 1."

You know back in the day I had to hike it 500 miles to my quest with no special sprint or fancy speeder. I EARNED my sprint and I was grateful for it when I got it! These youngn's come up here and complain that their digital feet hurt and it takes too long to get anywhere. Humbug I say, hoof it out and quit your whining!

(In the spirit of complaints about 1.2 the above post was made with great tongue and cheek and is not to be taken seriously at all. If anyone feels the need to respond in a negative tone please re-read the first sentence in these parenthesis)

On a serious note why have a sprint ability and not make everyone's natural speed that of the ability (15%?)?

ive played since day 1 of early access and i sure as hell wished they had sprint at level 1 back then...

hey, u gotta pay for that awesome skill; can't expect it to be given away for free!

Actually it is given away for free, you have it the second you log in with a new character, nothing to train for it.

You know its a legacy thing right?

No it's not, all level 1 characters get it doesn't matter if your Legacy is level 25 or you just got the game.

Edited by Drulian

On another serious note.

Now that it is level 1, can we just get rid of the ability completely, let everyone move 15% faster, and ... wait for it ...

Remove the flaming squirrel in the shorts animation that goes with sprinting and just use the 'jog' animation that we have now when we aren't sprinting.

Because that would affect combat, datacrons, and possibly other aspects of the game.

You mean like how sprint is already affected by, or is affecting, such things now? :rolleyes:

In other words, having it as a passively "permanently on" ability would not change the situation at all, aside from giving players a manually activatable button that takes up room on your hotbar.

Edited by Tarka

So far it is the only actual complaint about 1.2 that I have

I wish they would leave it at 14, give new players something to look forward to instead of just handing it out.

p.s. you had a paper bag? What luxury! We had to use old dead skin scrapped off on the rocks to cover ourselves with!

Edited by Dayln

So far it is the only actual complaint about 1.2 that I have

I wish they would leave it at 14, give new players something to look forward to instead of just handing it out

Leaving it at 14 doesn't make it something to "look forward to", not having it at level 1 is something that is very much having a negative impact on the initial "newbie experience".

Plus when you have played the majority of the game with it permanently on, and then you roll an alt, getting it to 14 is that little bit more like a chore when you feel like you're running through treacle. The absence of sprint can therefore put people off rolling alts. And given the nature of 1.2, rolling alts is obviously what Bioware are focused on being what keeps people interested in the game.

Right now, Bioware are obsessed with rolling alts. And thus anything that can dissuade people from rolling them is a bad thing in Bioware's eyes.

Edited by Tarka

ive played since day 1 of early access and i sure as hell wished they had sprint at level 1 back then...

i played since day 2, because i didnt know it existed until day 2.... and now i have no preorder benifets.... stupid failure to advertise through the forms of media i use....

but anyway, sprint at lvl 1 should be a legacy benefit. new players should have to earn it

Leaving it at 14 doesn't make it something to "look forward to", not having it at level 1 is something that is very much having a negative impact on the initial "newbie experience".

Plus when you have played the majority of the game with it permanently on, and then you roll an alt, getting it to 14 is that little bit more like a chore when you feel like you're running through treacle. It can therefore put people off rolling alts. Which is obviously something that bioware is putting a lot of faith into keeping people interested in the game.

Well there is no point in arguing, you are dead wrong, have played several characters and every single one was looking forward to 14 and the sprint, have played with lots and lots of friends and all of them were looking forward to 14 and the sprint

It was indeed, and still is currently something we have looked forward to.

No one in our guild is happy with it being just handed out at 1st level, it is like taking away one of the things you really look forward to bringing up a new character, like the ships and the speeders.

You are entitled to your opinion, but people looking forward to it isn’t an opinion, it is just dead wrong, yes we did look forward to it.

Luxury!!! We only had a paperbag to keep me mother, father, and 12 kids warm at night.

You had it easy young whippersnapper. All my family had was a bucket of mud and by gods we liked it! And by bucket I mean our two hands not counting the ones that some smart mouthed Darth chopped off.