New "Novare Coast" Warzone

karzo

So this thread is basically for everyone to share their thoughts about the new warzone coming out in the big 1.2 update called Novare Coast.

Honestly I think this looks a bit like Alderaan but I can't judge from a small clip from a trailer so. Looked a bit like, capture the "node", fire the mortar (cannon) at the bunker (enemy ship) and the more mortars you have the faster their base will be destroyed.

Yes I am being extremely judgemental :D However from what I've read/seen this seems to be the case for this warzone except more people controlling it at the same time speeds up the process or something? I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Edited by karzo
Mistake

Looks like a copy from alderaan with a different skin.

good job bioware!

How? It is COMPLETELY different from Alderaan.

It's a majority rules game, if you have 2 turrets you do the damage, if you have 1 you do no damage. It's completely different from Alderaan.

I would have liked to see this idea of tug of war and cap time on the node saved applied to civil war as well, instead of the all or nothing deal we have now.

Ditto voidstar, minus the tug of war.

It's the main reason people complain about healers to begin with, folks unable to clear out an area to cap a node before respawns arrive.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

It's a majority rules game, if you have 2 turrets you do the damage, if you have 1 you do no damage. It's completely different from Alderaan.

This. It means it's possible to make much wilder comebacks, as the game isn't over until you've lost.

technically even the other system allow you "small" come back as long as the enemy don't reach double your score (in that case you still CAN come back if u get all 3 turrets)

but I do agree it does facilitate the come back, honestly it's an okey variation from a "quick update" but i do expect much more in future

changing 1 thing and call it "NEW" does work once or twice they it will start pissing me off

What the **** are you babbling about?

The requirement for victory is to hold 2 of 3 objectives for longer than your opponent.

Winning in alderaan also requires holding 2 of 3 objectives for longer than your opponent.

It's *very* similar.

Edited by Celebrus

The most important difference between NC and ACW is the map design, not the mechanics. In ACW you basically run across open ground to an open node and... yeah. While there is some stuff to block LOS you're clearly visible from the moment you start to approach unless you have stealth. NC should allow much better ambushes and surprise assaults.

I'm looking forward to it, even though I'll be healing instead of Ninjaing due to the Scrapper changes.

What the **** are you babbling about?

The requirement for victory is to hold 2 of 3 objectives for longer than your opponent.

Winning in alderaan also requires holding 2 of 3 objectives for longer than your opponent.

It's *very* similar.

Well when you reach x2 the life points you enemy got in Ald it is over.You can win with 1 turret and i never saw a team so bad they managed to lose at that point.

Now , if ya need 2 till you enemy is dead , you can win with 5 HP left.

Edited by rzrknight

I'm certainly glad to see a new WZ. There is no doubt about that, however the happiness is mainly a result of my being so tired of the current three.

With all of this new found emphasis on instanced PvP by BW, they really need to be pumping out more WZs faster. One new WZ every 4-5 months isn't going to cut it.

And more than anything, can we please get a filter to let us select out WZs we don't want to play anymore. Huttball was fun the first 300 times I ran it. I just can't stand it anymore.