Considering cancellation not sure what to do!

Shankspeare

I really dont know what the hell to do. I figured I would ask my community your opinion. I love the game I love the content but really especially on my server the community sucks! No one talks! Its rather boring. I def dont want to get into a compare WoW to SWTOR debate but its the only thing I have to compare it to. I have been a WoW player since the dawn of time. Never played an MMO before that. I just feel that this is cool cause its new and something different, however lack of player interaction is really drawing me away.

I am a Gov contractor so I work alot. I try to log as often as I can. I have two lowbies at twenty. I log in and want to do heroics and interact with others and everyone else is already 50 and out of my zone. I guess you could say this is my problem. Even in chat you ask for others to run heroics and it takes forever to get a response. Not sure if others feel the same way. I just wondered what you though. Thanks yall

Edited by Shankspeare

I guess this might be solved if they merge servers. Population is very low (at least on my server) and it seems like no new players join anymore.

While I was leveling my main char, on every planet there was a lot of players and a lot of possibilities to find a group for heroics. Now I am playing alts on both factions but all planets are almost empty...

Seems like most of the people prefers PvP, which actually is not the best part of this game...

i was chatting to a few people last week who had recently started new characters having left their old server and they were saying that having an active server makes a massive difference. They both said that seeing the Looking for Group spam for flashpoints spam in fleet was like a huge relief for them because they didn't have to wait for a few days to get a good group.

Presumably you have some time on your sub left - maybe spend it by rerolling on a new server (check for the busy ones in your part of the world before choosing obviously). If the new server's activity isnt good enough for you then lets your sub lapse.

As with most games its more about who youre playing it with alot of the time -> i know alot of people might disagree with that thats just my 2p.

EDIT: this site has a good activity log and shows the busiest servers: http://www.torstatus.net/ hope that helps! Do have a proper dig around that site before picking a new home though, dont just use the top 20 list on the left. Check the overall population for your geographic region.

Edited by AgrippAA

To the OP, you are at the perfect point to reroll on a different server. Some people claim the world is empty when this weekend I saw like 10 servers light, most standard and around seven full or with queues.

Research active servers and using the experience you've gained from your first toons start a new legacy right with the wisdom you gained. It's what I did!

Upon rerolling I was more meticulous with mu character's name and looks, the professions chosen and diligence at leveling them actively to keep them relevant to my level etc. Perhaps you with you had gone Shafow intend of Sage - this is the chance. Level 20 is almost nothing.

Restarting with a clean slate and lessons learned in a more active server that's closest to your own geographical timezone is a gamechanger.

EDIT: the first time you level is the slowest, because you don't know where anything is or what your mission goals look like. The second time around it's much faster since now you're familiar with those little details that make your next go round more efficient.

Edited by Vagessel

Of course abandoning chars sux, but lvl20ish isnt that high yet.

Just check out a couple of different servers and see how u like the communities there.

On Frostclaw I got no problems on any of my lowby alts to find groups. Esseles and Black Talon groups usually dont take long to find, either.

Seems I got lucky and ended up on an Altoholic sever, maybe. 8)

You know deep down what the choice is, go with the gut. I unsbubbed just so I can save my funds until future updates. Its been 3 days since I last played and Ive not missed it at all. Thats how I knew it was right.

And there I was thinking only active subs could post on the forum...

And there I was thinking only active subs could post on the forum...

I thought that to, i thought I could only come back and view forums to keep me informed of patch updates. But no, i can actually post too.............. Much suprised as you

I really dont know what the hell to do. I figured I would ask my community your opinion. I love the game I love the content but really especially on my server the community sucks! No one talks! Its rather boring. I def dont want to get into a compare WoW to SWTOR debate but its the only thing I have to compare it to. I have been a WoW player since the dawn of time. Never played an MMO before that. I just feel that this is cool cause its new and something different, however lack of player interaction is really drawing me away.

I am a Gov contractor so I work alot. I try to log as often as I can. I have two lowbies at twenty. I log in and want to do heroics and interact with others and everyone else is already 50 and out of my zone. I guess you could say this is my problem. Even in chat you ask for others to run heroics and it takes forever to get a response. Not sure if others feel the same way. I just wondered what you though. Thanks yall

We started our forum community merge since it has alot of good people here having aa blast on The Red Eclipse (loads of people all day long into night (very Heavy at peak easily)

Check http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359784 for more info

Spread the word!

Loads of people started lvling there!

Reroll on a different server. The general chat on Bondar Crystal is always jumping.

LOL thats to funny that you say this cause Bonder is the server I am talking about. I hate it i feel like its dead even with a high population LOL