Snares/Roots Should NOT Affect Resolve

GemG

This is something I've posted on many times, people didn't seem to be really feeling it though.

Leave all CC as is, but just have the CC breaker on a 60 sec timer instead of 120 sec.

The scattered talents classes have to reduce the timer...can reduce it to 55 or 50 seconds or something.

Far from being overpowering or trivializing CC. It's just a baseline thing you should have available more often. They took the 2 min timer from WoW and put it in a game where you are CC'd more often (which considering how much CC WoW has/had, is pretty amazing as is).

Not just more often, but easier. It's like everyone's a frost mage. I like this idea. Or the idea that roots cannot be applied to a full resolve player (but not add to the resolve bar in and of itself).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense- nerf sorcs so their only viable tree is the root heavy madness- then make that 31 point talent root useless.

Good to see the marauders are getting everything they asked for.

Read the forums, mrauders/sentinels didn't ask for anything. Anytime someones claims the class was UP they'd quickly be smacked down and told L2P. Root/Snare is a two way street. We root on force leap and the Focus tree leap in 1.2 and between Sentinel/Guardian we have the best snares in the game a root is more useful than a snare because we can force leap when snared

I think any skill that slows movement, stuns, roots or otherwise classifies as Crowd Control, should all add to reslove in a fair and equitable manner.

Currently it is my opinion that one of the biggest issues with CC is that resolve is not equible for like skills.

IE, some stuns give 100% reslove, while others don't.

If all snares and all roots do not affect reslove, then that is equitable, at least.

I think any skill that slows movement, stuns, roots or otherwise classifies as Crowd Control, should all add to reslove in a fair and equitable manner.

Currently it is my opinion that one of the biggest issues with CC is that resolve is not equible for like skills.

IE, some stuns give 100% reslove, while others don't.

Well, that makes sense, actually. A 2s stun should not give the same resolve as a 4s stun.

So they are finally gonna fix combat damage and you guys want to take away the main reason to spec that way? I look for people with white bars hunt and kill them like its a career. Dont break my game bro, dont break it.

You're correct, snare/root effects should not share resolve, it would max out too quickly and have a negative impact on timing. There is a simple and fair way to solve this issue.

Snare/root effects should have a separate resolve bar. Problem solved.

Edited by senojones